• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
i don't think the debate is going anywhere, as you are struck with notions that modern educated women are:

1. irreligious- because they do not fit into the traditional understaning of religion
2. Bad mothers- as they do not want to force their children into an ideology
3. chauvanists - because they want equal say in the relationship
3. snobs - as they consider money above person's personality and heart

however i have completely opposite opinions

maybe its just experiences we have.

.Also my cousin sister is also doing graduation in computer science and she is topper in her college.But she openly says that she hates computers and wanted to be in mass.

Sorry Sinister life is much different in developed and developing countries.You have adjust to the circumstances of life.

So, you mean to tell me that your cousin, who is a topper in her class, has absolutely 0% interest in what she is studying?

For a person who boasts practicality and real world analysis, your psychoanalysis is highly dissapointing. It just barely scratches the surface of a persons psyche…1 layer of the onion.

Your cousin doesn’t actually hate what she is studying.

once you enter a professional school (whether you are forced into it or gone in with your own decision) you can either "love it or leave it" (just like a marriage:))(its the only way you can move on with your life). Your cousin has probably learnt to love it, which is why she is doing so well.

as far as the definition for success is concerned, notice a trait inherent within all societies:

There is no society where there existed a homogenous consensus on the judgment and legacy of a person. There are always many groups of critics, who are ready to play devils advocate on an instants notice.

cheers

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
by your assumptions, marriage of two well educated and professional persons is nothing but a disaster or a rarity.

Nowhere I am saying that marriage of two well educated professional is disaster.But majority of times it is women who keep's on doing all house hold work This I was discussing Mai ji.

guy's salary is just ONE of them, not something that overrides everything.

Have you seen an arrange marrige process with you eyes?When I was teenager I lived in Joint Family
My Grandmother was searching a wife for my chacha whose income was very low as a result he was not rejected by 1-2 families But plenty of families.The rejction did come's at very initial stage.
Yes in arrange marriage A guy's income and and his earning capability is very important.If income or Earning capabilty is quite low then process don't go further

I want to ask you 1 question.We all know that this world work's on concept of demand supply.At present there are mor men in India than women then why still girls family pay a high dowry?
They don't pay dowry to a just a man they pay it success and career of a man.More educated and
successful man the more dowry he receive's

so a succesful woman will oviously look for a successful male.

You are right succesful women obviuosly look succesful men and those who are ready to become house wfe also look for succesful men so in this whole process where should less succesful men go?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i don't think the debate is going anywhere, as you are struck with notions that modern educated women are:

1. irreligious- because they do not fit into the traditional understaning of religion
2. Bad mothers- as they do not want to force their children into an ideology
3. chauvanists - because they want equal say in the relationship
3. snobs - as they consider money above person's personality and heart

however i have completely opposite opinions

maybe its just experiences we have.

You are right there is no point discussing thing with a person who just make an assumption what other person is thinking.No where I said These things infact I did not uttered a word what typre of mother they are

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, Everyone!
Seems like there are some mis-understandings on this thread of posts.
Here are some points to consider:
Each individual has his or her own definition of success. Oftenly it includes what that individual percieves what society says it is, along with whatever it is that makes that individual happy to be doing.
When all Kaurs have the same opportunities of education as Singhs, then we know we are on the road to true empowerment and equality.
When any Kaur who wishes to wash the floors of the Golden Temple is happily invited to do so then we will know we are on that happy road.
The keys to it are keeping Nam Simran, education opportunites, and true compassion for all less fortunate than ourselves, no matter what their gender, race, creed, color, or nationality, and this all includes knowing when to be loud and persistent, and knowing when to have patience and wait for good opportunities to be effective in our words and actions for ourselves and each other.
Cheers and Blessings,
KulwantK

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
There is no society where there existed a homogenous consensus on the judgment and legacy of a person. There are always many groups of critics, who are ready to play devils advocate on an instants notice.

sinister thoughts

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
So, you mean to tell me that your cousin, who is a topper in her class, has absolutely 0% interest in what she is studying?

Sinister where did you ask me how much percentage of interest is required and where i said she has 0% interest in computers

Just look what you said

"A “youngster”, whose prime motive is based primarily and purely on financial return can never complete MBBS (no matter how much she or he loves money)"

You talked about primary motive and I told you what her primary motive is And that is Money.Btw yesterday was her birthday she is now a university topper and she also told me that I very well know that I am doing this course only for money.

And she is not alone about her primary motivation of money.Majority of youngsters in India opt for lucrative fields because their primary motivation is money.

Just reduce the salaries of IT sector of INdia by half and you will see many youngsters will run out of this sector

For a person who boasts practicality and real world analysis, your psychoanalysis is highly dissapointing. It just barely scratches the surface of a persons psyche…1 layer of the onion.

Who are you to judge whether my analsys is right or wrong.Every person beleive that he/she is right

Your cousin doesn’t actually hate what she is studying.

once you enter a professional school (whether you are forced into it or gone in with your own decision) you can either "love it or leave it" (just like a marriage)(its the only way you can move on with your life). Your cousin has probably learnt to love it, which is why she is doing so well.

You are right she probably has developed interest in computers the way majority of youngsters develop interest in their work.This is called compromise

as far as the definition for success is concerned, notice a trait inherent within all societies:

Succcess in terms of money is vastly accepted by majority of societies and people love to play devils advocate but when it comes to them or their families then majority prefer to take U turn.For example an amritdhari sikh who do kirtan and live a simple lifestyle but does not have enough money is considered as successful by sikh society and people will love to defend him as successful but just ask them whether they want their children to be like him/her they will immdiately take U turn

You talked about primary motive and I told you what her primary motive is And that is Money...

And she is not alone about her primary motivation of money.Majority of youngsters in India opt for lucrative fields because their primary motivation is money.

Primary motive for picking a career is never greed!

It’s reason (which is a cesspool of directive ideas evoked by a culmination and equilibrium of emotions; fear, anxiety, love, amusement, desire, greed blah blah blah)

Now do you see the fallibility of your argument?

(if a person made a career choice based primarily on greed … they are bound to become criminals…considering crime is the most lucrative career with the most return on investment...but fear of retribution leads them to the reasonable conclusion that it is not worth the risks)

your ideas and assertions have a practicality of about 10% when it comes to a real world psychoanalysis*.

Who are you to judge whether my analsys is right or wrong.Every person beleive that he/she is right

Who am I?
I am who you think I am

your analysis is not entirely wrong…I just happen to think that it is shallow and non-practical, just wanted to inject some depth. Get the rusted gears in our brains oiled again.

cheers

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Lakhbir-small.jpg

Kaur Power

Research on Sri Guru Granth Sahib titled "Philosophy of Guru Granth Sahib and its Educational Implications" by Lakhbir Kaur Bahra has been awarded Ph.D. (Education) by University of Lucknow. This work has been carried out under the guidance of Professor Moraddhwaj Varma of Department of Education of University of Lucknow. This work has pioneered in exploring many new and hidden aspects of the philosophical and educational implications of the eleventh Guru of the Sikh faith i.e. Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Scholars and educationists have opined that this work will prove a landmark and go a long way in infusing humanistic element in modern education.

Read the rest of this story

Last edited by a moderator:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Lakhbir-small.jpg

Kaur Power

Research on Sri Guru Granth Sahib titled "Philosophy of Guru Granth Sahib and its Educational Implications" by Lakhbir Kaur Bahra has been awarded Ph.D. (Education) by University of Lucknow. This work has been carried out under the guidance of Professor Moraddhwaj Varma of Department of Education of University of Lucknow. This work has pioneered in exploring many new and hidden aspects of the philosophical and educational implications of the eleventh Guru of the Sikh faith i.e. Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Scholars and educationists have opined that this work will prove a landmark and go a long way in infusing humanistic element in modern education.

Read the rest of this story

aad0002 Ji

it is not loading for some reason even through DSL

Link is fixed (aad0002)

Last edited by a moderator:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Primary motive for picking a career is never greed!

It’s reason (which is a cesspool of directive ideas evoked by a culmination and equilibrium of emotions; fear, anxiety, love, amusement, desire, greed blah blah blah)

Sinsiter I am no magician of english words I prefer to discuss in simple and straight language No where I said that that primary motive is behind picking Lucrative career is greed .I was just saying that primory factor factor behind picking lucrative career is money.That's what I was discussing earlier

Sinsiter I am no magician of english words I prefer to discuss in simple and straight language No where I said that that primary motive is behind picking Lucrative career is greed .I was just saying that primory factor factor behind picking lucrative career is money.That's what I was discussing earlier

Hmmm? Maybe you are a magician afterall? :wink:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
aad0002-albums-dogs-jackals-monkeys-gurbani-picture523-snatam2featire.jpg

Kaur Power

“Growing up in America, I went to public schools and generally I was the only Sikh child in the whole school but through these experiences of going to India and listening to the sacred music and just feeling the heart and the warmth of the people and learning about the Sikh history, I gained a real sense of my identity,” she says.

Read about Snatam Kaur at this lilnk A Prevailing Peace

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
aad0002-albums-singhs-tigers-leopards-deer-bears-gurbani-picture524-ekongkaarkaur.jpg

Kaur Power

Respected forum member Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa

Eventually, the Shabad Guru came into my life. And this feeling of defining myself by my inner negative feelings versus defining myself by my inner positive Light took on a whole new dimension.

Read the rest of this story at Sikh Chic

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: