• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kashmir Unrest, Violence, Curfew Following Death Of Burhan Wani

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Note: I am currently in Srinagar, in middle of this... We have been on curfew since Sat meaning the city is shut down. It's risky to drive anywhere people want to pelt stones etc. Nearly all deaths are protestors and I think one police officer. Police stations have been set on fire, a military air base was targeted, etc. It's not good situation overall.

But we are safe at home here in middle of Srinagar. And we have access to vegetables and fruits at sporadic stands and my husband sister has a garden and even cows so mik and veggies from her also (getting them is a bit tricky but hubby went in wee hrs of morning to get them before most people are awake).

Kashmir is Muslim majority but there is a sizeable Sikh population here. There was supposed to be a big Sikh cultural and talent event here on Sunday 10th with acts from even away like Steel Man (I was even supposed to perform in it doing Kirtan) but it had to be cancelled and rescheduled for later date and some of these Sikh performers (Gatka groups etc) as far as I know are still stranded at their hotel.

- Harkiran

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM