• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Judge Shuts Down Sikh Temple (Courier-Post)

sehmbi

SPNer
Apr 15, 2005
LONDON
Sadly, this is typical Sikh behavior. When we are not fighting a common enemy we turn on ourselves.

This sort of thing used to happen in the UK pretty regulary - but we have grown up, I cannot remember the last time it happened here.

I hope the same happens in US, but with your lax gun laws it could get worse before it gets better.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well That is the reason that Gurudwaras run by Sants are more populars.And children see thier elders fighting in Gurudwaras and this gives wrong image of Sikhs in thier mind and they may leave Sikhism al togather latter due to this.

And poor missioanry who is on payrollof such dog like managemtn can not do much else may loss the job.

Best way is that covertly missioanries intrude into rank and files of Saints and use thier(Sants) resources to preach Sikhism.

In Fact Das is aware that Be it Nirmala or Sevpanthi or Taksalis,Sants will be more then happy if freash brain works for them and for Panth.They too are not happy due to Bad condition of Sikh youngs from Punjab.anyway co oporation of Sants and missoaries is beraing fruits in non Punjabi Sikh Area/peoples.

Apr 24, 2005
India
SSA,

I really dont believe that one or two incidents make the impressions about Sikhs. It is more like what we people think about ourselves.
In delhi most of gurudwaras are running under management and they are running fine.

-Sumeet

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

In america, england, cananda ect i think that youth have a hard time as it is following Sikhi because they are too worried about fitting in with friends and what others will think of them. ANd soo once they see fighting goin on in the gurdwara they become more detached from it because they kno it is wrong and dont want to be associated with fights over " who should be takeing care the the gurdwara"

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
I actually went to this gurdwara a few times.

It's known as "Khalsa Darbar Gurdwara"

Anyways, the youth that some say will become "detached" has long been detached. Most of the kids that keep kesh at Khalsa Darbar are like 2-5 years old, and they have no idea what happened.

We usually hold Tri-state "Sikh Games" in which the youth of the gurdwaras compete in games such as basketball, soccer, track, and other sports.

Singh Sabha and Glen Rock by far have the most Amritdhari youth every year. Most of these kids are, of course, sad at what happened at Khalsa Darbar, but are not effected by it in terms of Sikhi.

CJSA/Bridgewater are about your averages, and then you have the low ones...like Blue Mountain, Richmond Hill, Khalsa Darbar...there in a pretty sad state for the youth.

Of course, this is only my opinion, and I don't know most of the kids that go to any of the gurdwaras, so for all I know, "internally" the kids at Khalsa Darbar could be "doves/saints" or whatever you want to call them.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM