• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jot-eh-Joti / ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ : What Is The Essence?

Aug 28, 2010
SERJINDER SINGH Ji,

But the two forms are associated to the grammatic number of the object to which the word for light refers. For a singular object it is "ਜੋਤਿ" and for a plural object it is "ਜੋਤੀ". It is as simple as that.

You are absolutely correct.
If the OBJECT is as given in the Quote as
ਗੁਰ ਸਾਖੀ ਜੋਤਿ then what should be ਜੋਤਿ" and "ਜੋਤੀ

I look forward to your response,
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
SPNADMIN Ji,
I am sorry to assert that you have wronly deleted my message as I asked for some additional views on that.
If this is going to be the attitude then there is no point of being here.
It requires rethinking at your end. I hope you shall do that.
With regards

Prakash.S.Bagga

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Prakash ji

Are we all in agreement that Light/light is formless? I think its as formless. But I'm not sure what scientists & other mystics perspectives might be on that?

peacesign Nam Jiwan icecreamkauricecreammunda

Aug 28, 2010
Re: Jot-eh-Joti / ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ : What is the Essence?

Prakash ji

Are we all in agreement that Light/light is formless? I think its as formless. But I'm not sure what scientists & other mystics perspectives might be on that?

peacesign Nam Jiwan icecreamkauricecreammunda

As an Engineer I do understand light is FORMLESS in reference of visible Forms what we see.
But light has its own form too,that is what is to be understood.In reference of its own form light has specific form as waves..
As the meaning of JOTi is not light in its true sense.This word is the refernce for A WAVE .
Since CREATOR is a wave,every thing is created by these waves and that is why this wave is an inherent content of every thing of the Universe.
There is a close relationship between Physics and metaphysics of Divine words in context of Wave/waves.

In fact the overall ignorance of the knowledge of GurJOTi is the Basic Cause of all deviations in interpretation and understanding of Gurbanee messages.

That is all I can put forward ,may or may not be liked .I am only sicere to the messages of my GuRu as blessed.

This may be my last post .

With regards

Prakash.S.Bagga

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

SPNADMIN Ji,
I am sorry to assert that you have wronly deleted my message as I asked for some additional views on that.
If this is going to be the attitude then there is no point of being here.
It requires rethinking at your end. I hope you shall do that.
With regards

Prakash.S.Bagga

This will be the course of action taken if any admin or moderator deems that comments will be taking the thread in circles. If these actions continue, then further action will be taken without notice. Do not modify or edit these comments in any way. spnadmin

Here is an example of what I am talking about. " Since CREATOR is a wave,every thing is created by these waves and that is why this wave is an inherent content of every thing of the Universe.
There is a close relationship between Physics and metaphysics of Divine words in context of Wave/waves.

In fact the overall ignorance of the knowledge of GurJOTi is the Basic Cause of all deviations in interpretation and understanding of Gurbanee messages." (by prakash s. bagga).

Any reader who has been thinking at this point in the thread, and other notable threads, "Gee, I am confused," or "I was following this discussion until...." should pat himself/herself on the back. You are right. You are confused. But you are not uninformed, you are not stupid. You are confused because what you are reading is completely unconnected to the purpose of the thread.

Veer ji, you have been connecting grammar to physics and physics to metaphysics. Grace period has expired.

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Serjinder ji,
In the ''sab mai jyot, jyot hai soee'' reference quoted, I can kind of see what you are saying. However, I see it referred to as God's light, because it means ' The light (light of God) is within all, and you(god) are the light'

I have come to the conclusion where I can agree with Prakashji on this thread and matter.
Likewise, I also find it difficult to explain this understanding. It's like ''you either see it with ease, or you don't !!' -sadly, there is no easier way for me to put it.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I see the concept of ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ as again a way of Guru propagating Gurmat.

We see the Shabad as saying the Akaal Purakh has means to absorb the plural ਜੋਤੀ of ours into His Primal ਜੋਤਿ.

But I see Shabad as talking of ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ both are one. While we are thinking they could be one by power of Akaal Purakh (something he would do, say after 20 years).

For Akaal means timeless, if our ਜੋਤੀ is not part of the ਜੋਤਿ now, but could be at some other time, this means the Akaal is operating with respect to time. But He is not. Thus I believe what we see as ਜੋਤੀ is all his ਜੋਤਿ.

There is a need for theory of everything in science. Akaal Purakh is theory of everything for life.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

I see the concept of ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ as again a way of Guru propagating Gurmat.

We see the Shabad as saying the Akaal Purakh has means to absorb the plural ਜੋਤੀ of ours into His Primal ਜੋਤਿ.

But I see Shabad as talking of ਜੋਤਿ – ਜੋਤੀ both are one. While we are thinking they could be one by power of Akaal Purakh (something he would do, say after 20 years).

For Akaal means timeless, if our ਜੋਤੀ is not part of the ਜੋਤਿ now, but could be at some other time, this means the Akaal is operating with respect to time. But He is not. Thus I believe what we see as ਜੋਤੀ is all his ਜੋਤਿ.

There is a need for theory of everything in science. Akaal Purakh is theory of everything for life.

Very Good point.
I see exactly what you are saying and I would normally say similar.
However, in this instance I have somehow began to see it from a much different angle.
I would say that ਜੋਤਿ is timeless without doubt, but ਜੋਤੀ is not, as it is confined to us.

According to many shabads and tuks, ਜੋਤੀ is not part of ਜੋਤਿ as there are mentions of it merging once one is gurmukh or when the Lord is found through the shabad...etc.. There are quite a lot of these mentions or very similar.

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
That's right, we are bound by the boundaries of time and feelings.

Therefore most of what we experience is itself the illusion.
This includes the ਜੋਤੀ, and when one can rise above these boundaries and be free from them, then your consciousness merges with the supreme conscious, your ਜੋਤੀ merges with the God ਜੋਤਿ and you become him and he is then you.- this is the complete immersion whereby no identity of you ie.. the part of you that makes you, remains.

Thereofore, it is important to distinguish the difference of our light and his or 'the' light.

Imagine, you being the drop in an ocean.
You must remember that the drop in the ocean becomes the ocean but it is NOT the ocean!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM