• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jagruti Yatra Moto

closetonanak

SPNer
Mar 1, 2007
I Seen Jagriti Yatra At Surat, But I M Confuse That Is This The Only Way To Celebrate 300 Year, Spending Lots Of Money On It But Will It Impact On Any Sikh ? Can Yatra Convert Any Sikh Guy Who Is Clean Shave,? ? ? ? ? I Am Also Sorry If I Heart Anybody

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I Seen Jagriti Yatra At Surat, But I M Confuse That Is This The Only Way To Celebrate 300 Year, Spending Lots Of Money On It But Will It Impact On Any Sikh ? Can Yatra Convert Any Sikh Guy Who Is Clean Shave,? ? ? ? ? I Am Also Sorry If I Heart Anybody

Unfortunately that is the truth though hard to swallow. We love drum beating, show off. Tow hundred years Guru jian what taught us not to do, being their Sikhs, still we do. Freedom of mind to use for others to bring Guru's refuge, has been lost in shallow show off. Pray to Akaalpurakh to pity on us while watching Caravan of show off in competition of others.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
What is wrong with celebration?

aad0002 Ji

Nothing wrong with it unless the other part for which celebration becomes due is completely ignored. Why not calibrating it by opening more humanitarian institutions, more well staged Keertan almost all over with exemplary behavior to inspire others. In celebration why not special plans are made to elevate the poors struggling through heart piercing poverty. They have replaced all old historical sites with expensive marbles but never care to perserve it. Celeberation without its spirit to celebrate gets reduced to show off. During Guru Sahibaan time they celebrated Guru Sgabad by taking to all over India without dancing a empty show off.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Bright Side:

1. More and more people know SIKHS EXIST.
2. More and more people know THERE IS A GURU WHO IS RELIABLE:). No strings attached, No social, ethical, and financial manipulation involved in SEEKING GOD:).
2319387196_96f77cfd80.jpg

View Rohit Markande's map

The young girl Nihang was quite energetic and swirled the weapon with ease. "Guru de naal", meaning literally "with the guru" in Punjabi, is the name of the procession displaying the personal weapons of one of the Sikh Gurus and an old handwritten holy book, it is currently traveling through the length of India. Today it made it's way to Patiala and was welcomed by a sea of humanity.
Swirl on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
300saalgurudenaal

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
mÚ 5 ]
nwnk siqguir ByitAY pUrI hovY jugiq ]
hsMidAw KylµidAw pYnµidAw KwvMidAw ivcy hovY mukiq ]2]

mÚ 5 ]
nwnk siqguir ByitAY pUrI hovY jugiq ]
hsMidAw KylµidAw pYnµidAw KwvMidAw ivcy hovY mukiq ]2]

Fifth Mehl:
O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way.
While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. ||2||

mwJ mhlw 5 ]
ivsru nwhI eyvf dwqy ]
kir ikrpw Bgqn sMig rwqy ]
idnsu rYix ijau quDu iDAweI eyhu dwnu moih krxw jIau ]1]
mwtI AMDI suriq smweI ]
sB ikCu dIAw BlIAw jweI ]
And ibnod coj qmwsy quDu BwvY so hoxw jIau ]2]
ijs dw idqw sBu ikCu lYxw ]
CqIh AMimRq Bojnu Kwxw ]
syj suKwlI sIqlu pvxw shj kyl rMg krxw jIau ]3]
sw buiD dIjY ijqu ivsrih nwhI ]
sw miq dIjY ijqu quDu iDAweI ]
sws sws qyry gux gwvw Et nwnk gur crxw jIau ]4]12]19]

mwJ mhlw 5 ]
ivsru nwhI eyvf dwqy ]
kir ikrpw Bgqn sMig rwqy ]
idnsu rYix ijau quDu iDAweI eyhu dwnu moih krxw jIau ]1]
mwtI AMDI suriq smweI ]
sB ikCu dIAw BlIAw jweI ]
And ibnod coj qmwsy quDu BwvY so hoxw jIau ]2]
ijs dw idqw sBu ikCu lYxw ]
CqIh AMimRq Bojnu Kwxw ]
syj suKwlI sIqlu pvxw shj kyl rMg krxw jIau ]3]
sw buiD dIjY ijqu ivsrih nwhI ]
sw miq dIjY ijqu quDu iDAweI ]
sws sws qyry gux gwvw Et nwnk gur crxw jIau ]4]12]19]

Maajh, Fifth Mehl:
I shall never forget You-You are such a Great Giver!
Please grant Your Grace, and imbue me with the love of devotional worship.
If it pleases You, let me meditate on You day and night; please, grant me this gift! ||1||
Into this blind clay, You have infused awareness.
Everything, everywhere which You have given is good.
Bliss, joyful celebrations, wondrous plays and entertainment-whatever pleases You, comes to pass. ||2||
Everything we receive is a gift from Him
-the thirty-six delicious foods to eat,
cozy beds, cooling breezes, peaceful joy and the experience of pleasure. ||3||
Give me that state of mind, by which I may not forget You.
Give me that understanding, by which I may meditate on You.
I sing Your Glorious Praises with each and every breath. Nanak takes the Support of the Guru's Feet. ||4||12||19||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM