• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Jack Straw Cooks At Golden Temple's 'langar':-

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Re: Jack Straw cooks at Golden Temple's 'langar':-

Siropa
Actually I dont know what was it meant for in first place but now it is just nonsense political stunt and nothing more

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Arvind said:
Siropa is an orange robe presented to someone who does a recognizable job for panth.

And so now "making a chapatti" is recognisable "job" for the panth ?? Wow ??
In that case all those thousands upon thousands of our mothers and grannies and wives who slog at hot tavees in every gurdwara should be awarded siropas...and what about those who make daal, kheer..sabjees, etc..who cut gandhes and "cry" all over the place...imho sgpc will need a lot of siropas...he he he

Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Arvind said:
I wonder if I go there to make a chapati, will I get a siropa?

and i will be right behind you....the only trouble is the "que" may run in to hundreds of thousands....too many people have been making guru ka langgar chapattis for ages...without even a "thank you"...much lessa siropa ..he he he

BTW i heard if you DONT GET it, you can BUY one...the length depending on how much you "contribute"....my friends have brought back many different sizes in the past and use them as Keski..

Jarnail Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: