• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Opinion It's Been A Year Since I Started Following Sikhi. Here's What I've Learned And Would Like Thoughts

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
...you would disagree because you do not know the rationale behind the maxim "chardi kala". The lexicon within which it was founded was "spiritual" and not physical as you seem to have literally translated. It means "ascending spirit". And just as the wearing of the seatbelt was legislated to save NHS expense and not objectively to save human lives so was chardikala coined to stimulate the soldier-saint to attain spiritual heights and not physical proliferation.

TC
Yes exactly so not fatalistic

maturity fermentates wisdom
Fermenates wisdom? What does Fermenates even mean?
Did you mean 'ferments'?

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
...you would disagree because you do not know the rationale behind the maxim "chardi kala". The lexicon within which it was founded was "spiritual" and not physical as you seem to have literally translated. It means "ascending spirit". And just as the wearing of the seatbelt was legislated to save NHS expense and not objectively to save human lives so was chardikala coined to stimulate the soldier-saint to attain spiritual heights and not physical proliferation.

TC
Spitting out nonsensical verbose sentences based on no context to what is being said is quite a skill.. First of all how possibly could you have read my response as being 'physical'. I think your being obtuse at best.

And really you think seatbelts were designed to reduce NHS costs not lives.. I believe Seattle belts were invented before legislative enforcement and are used by people who have self preservation as a motivation.. Not to mention that outside of UK where there does not exist a NHS they are also proscribed, advised as just being a good idea.. Why did helmets become required by law in India?
All religions are moralising in that they all promote the good, great and the beautiful characteristics of the human being
All religions are moralising does not mean they promote good though.. Not sure the moralising of some condemning homosexuals to death is for everyone's good.. All religions are political as they are created by people. The person is political and morality is political. Which is why I think guru nanak dev jis message was unique it transcends moralising and judging other people.. Check yourself live ethically according to your own truths which means engaging in khoj to search, don't take the easy path moralising and demonising others based on your morality..

I really wish you would be less patronizing our exchanges may be more fruitful

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM