• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is There A Dasam Granth?

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
Hindu politics using Guru Gobind Singh Ji's name to promote Hindu philosophy. Dasam Granth portrays Guru Gobind Singh worshipping the sun and moon and other idols. Many of the baba ji sants are behind promoting dasam granth as Guru, but Guru Gobind Singh taught us that only Guru Granth Sahib is Guru.

There are huge sections that are copies of Hindu scripture. Guru Gobind Singh did not copy them and put his name on them. That would be plagerism.

There is no book called dasam granth, but a collection of pandit works and a conspiracy to brainwash blind faith pindu Sikh followers into worshipping humans as baba ji sants and imposing Hindu restrictions and Hindu philosophy.

I am not against Hindus, but I do not believe in Hinduism. I believe in Guru Granth Sahib. I am also aware there are some similarities that also show up in other religions.

Nevertheless, belief in or not that He wrote dasam granth is not what saves the soul. Salvation comes from the grace of God, education of Guru Granth Sahib wisdom. A little is better than none, and living by Guru Granth Sahib's teaching. This means be careful of fake preachers looking to exploit and brainwash other. If you do not believe exactly like these cults, they physically attach you and threaten, lie about you, and are extremely clever and 10 steps ahead of you for not promoting dasam granth as Guru.

I am suprised how stupid people are believing so much from people dressed in amritdhaari costumes posing as saints.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Yes I know there are controversial things in that. But I don't think people start acting like Hindus if they read Bani from Dasam Granth. If it is a supplementary text then let it be so. I feel there is no need to bring it mainstream and raise controversy again and again. History is such that no one can be trusted. But in start you have to put some trust in a stranger. And if people had no faith in each other, then we wouldn't have such a great Sangat of SPN together.

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
Sometimes they do act like Hindus and believe like Hindus, because they are inspired by pandit literature. I see them bowing to pictures and to nishaan sahib. I see them chanting repetitious mantras, I see them acknowledging other idols and God.

Have you read dasam granth with understanding? It's philosophy is against Guru Granth Sahib. It evens teaches that all women are bad. Gurbani says "band nimya raaj sultan'. So kyo mande akhiya ... jame raajaan.. etc.

I am not against comparative study of any granth. Some things in many granths agree with Guru Granth Sahib. Guru wisdom is the Guru that can be found piartially in other texts. Universal truths.

Peole act like Hindus because the religious politicians promote dasam baanis. If people understand these banis, they allows the poojaris to rape them. There are numerous cases and police reports of rapes, etc. recorded in a book call "Santan di Kotek."

Sangat does not mean a group of people that attend a gurdwara. Sangat to me means people who come together with the common understanding that only Guru Granth Sahib is Gurbani, and that no baba ji sant can be Brahm Giani. "Brahm Giani aap Parmeshar" and "sab srisht kartaa".

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Gurfateh

There has always been controversy surrounding the authenticity of the Dasam granth, and there always will be, I can't foresee it being resolved.

I'm no scholar and have not studied it in any real depth. However I am aware that there were many dozens of poets at the time that started to pen poetry in the same style as Guru Gobind Singh and this is where the authenticity questions started to arise and have continued ever since.

The significance of factors like Hemkunt sahib which stems from the bachitar natak composition ( the temple is claimed to be where the guru worshipped and united with God in his previous life, for those not aware) is always going to raise doubts.
My personal opinion is why did not any other Guru's mention previous lives.

There are many questionable discrepencies-you could say. The hindu influence and use of hindu mythology as Harsimritkaur ji mentions, especially referral to gods and goddesses which seems contradictory to One God in the Guru granth sahib, sexual promiscuity, degradation of women and use of intoxicants.
Like I say, i'm no scholar but this information I have gathered from numerous sources.

I remember coming across somewhere that the british were claimed to be responsible as there was literature found in a british library with very similar translations to some Dasam granth contents! Not sure how true this is, but the british did try to bury sikhism and artifacts during the raj.

I feel that I shouldn't give such things due regard and concern as these issues convince me more and more everytime to uphold, honour, embrace, believe, hold to the highest order, live with and worship the one and true Guru Granth Sahib and that I am wasting my time looking elsewhere.

We shouldn't ever equate the Dasam granth to the Guru Granth Sahib and should never even try (by solving the controversial issues).
I know it contains some beautiful bani. but we should still treat it as sikh literature, learning from the contents that are in line with the rest of the Granth and sikh teachings.

Waheguru
Luckysingh

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
dasam granth is not Sikh Literature, although some things are similar to Sikhism, like one, almight God, etc. But dasam granth was not even written by Sikhs, not at all. It was written by pandits at least 150 years after Guru Gobind Singh Ji. I learned about this from Professor Gujraj Kaur of University of Patiala who deeply studied dasam granth, gurmat, veyakarm, and Sikh history.

Gurfateh

There has always been controversy surrounding the authenticity of the Dasam granth, and there always will be, I can't foresee it being resolved.

I'm no scholar and have not studied it in any real depth. However I am aware that there were many dozens of poets at the time that started to pen poetry in the same style as Guru Gobind Singh and this is where the authenticity questions started to arise and have continued ever since.

The significance of factors like Hemkunt sahib which stems from the bachitar natak composition ( the temple is claimed to be where the guru worshipped and united with God in his previous life, for those not aware) is always going to raise doubts.
My personal opinion is why did not any other Guru's mention previous lives.

There are many questionable discrepencies-you could say. The hindu influence and use of hindu mythology as Harsimritkaur ji mentions, especially referral to gods and goddesses which seems contradictory to One God in the Guru granth sahib, sexual promiscuity, degradation of women and use of intoxicants.
Like I say, i'm no scholar but this information I have gathered from numerous sources.

I remember coming across somewhere that the british were claimed to be responsible as there was literature found in a british library with very similar translations to some Dasam granth contents! Not sure how true this is, but the british did try to bury sikhism and artifacts during the raj.

I feel that I shouldn't give such things due regard and concern as these issues convince me more and more everytime to uphold, honour, embrace, believe, hold to the highest order, live with and worship the one and true Guru Granth Sahib and that I am wasting my time looking elsewhere.

We shouldn't ever equate the Dasam granth to the Guru Granth Sahib and should never even try (by solving the controversial issues).
I know it contains some beautiful bani. but we should still treat it as sikh literature, learning from the contents that are in line with the rest of the Granth and sikh teachings.

Waheguru
Luckysingh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
BSCHEEMA JI....we are not even "finished" Mool mantar yet !!!..Just how many SIKHS are genuinely totally TRUTHFUL LIVING.....Satnamis.....just how many are NIRVAIR....NIRBHAU...i see many wearing red threads on their wrists (Scared/seeking protection..from evil eyes..black magic..bad luck..buree nazar..blah blah blah..)..I see so many Sikhs 24/7 bloo.dy mad at even the slightest "provcocation"...swords come out and turbans fly over goluck..gurdware elections..is that Nirvair ?? So we are mostly at Beginners level...and yet we claim we have Finished the entire SGGS and need "martial spirits" from a Chandi goddess with seven arms who rides a lion and drinks blood..wah wah wah...how utterly misguided moorakhs we are...a Famous Taksaal head found over 1500 "mistakes" in SGGS..and we take that lying down...the same taksaal that finds NONE "mistakes" in dg inspite of thousands of errors...

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
dasam granth means "10th granth". It does not mean "granth from the 10th". That is why I asked where is dooja granth teeja granth, etc.

And why is it that Guru Granth Sahib uses "mahala" like Mahala teeja, panjwa, etc., while dasam granth used "pathsahi dasveen"?

There are many idols mentioned from Budhism, as well, not the original Budhism, but from the Budhism that was changed due to Brahmanism in order to divide the people. There are so many sects of Budhism which is supposed to be a religion based on revealed truths, not based on poojarism and rituals. Emphasis is taken away from the wisdom that Sidhartha Gautama taught the people, and now the emphasis is on Sidharta himself. But pure Budhism teaches that we all can become a budha with the gian. This phrase "Budh" is mention numberous times in Guru Granth Sahib.

I do not see this type of Budh in dasam granth, but the brahmatic influence. We Sikhs are suffering the same fate as our Budhist neighbors. Buddhism does not believe in idols, and neither does Guru Granth Sahib. So why are so many Sikhs making idols out of the baba ji sants and neeshaan sahibi? They are making an idol out of Guru Granth Sahib, too, but not learning what Guru ji teaches.

I heard that there are 7 granths competing for guruship.

BSCHEEMA JI....we are not even "finished" Mool mantar yet !!!..Just how many SIKHS are genuinely totally TRUTHFUL LIVING.....Satnamis.....just how many are NIRVAIR....NIRBHAU...i see many wearing red threads on their wrists (Scared/seeking protection..from evil eyes..black magic..bad luck..buree nazar..blah blah blah..)..I see so many Sikhs 24/7 bloo.dy mad at even the slightest "provcocation"...swords come out and turbans fly over goluck..gurdware elections..is that Nirvair ?? So we are mostly at Beginners level...and yet we claim we have Finished the entire Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and need "martial spirits" from a Chandi goddess with seven arms who rides a lion and drinks blood..wah wah wah...how utterly misguided moorakhs we are...a Famous Taksaal head found over 1500 "mistakes" in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..and we take that lying down...the same taksaal that finds NONE "mistakes" in dg inspite of thousands of errors...

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
dasam granth means "10th granth". It does not mean "granth from the 10th". That is why I asked where is dooja granth teeja granth, etc.

And why is it that Guru Granth Sahib uses "mahala" like Mahala teeja, panjwa, etc., while dasam granth used "pathsahi dasveen"?

There are many idols mentioned from Budhism, as well, not the original Budhism, but from the Budhism that was changed due to Brahmanism in order to divide the people. There are so many sects of Budhism which is supposed to be a religion based on revealed truths, not based on poojarism and rituals. Emphasis is taken away from the wisdom that Sidhartha Gautama taught the people, and now the emphasis is on Sidharta himself. But pure Budhism teaches that we all can become a budha with the gian. This phrase "Budh" is mention numberous times in Guru Granth Sahib.

I do not see this type of Budh in dasam granth, but the brahmatic influence. We Sikhs are suffering the same fate as our Budhist neighbors. Buddhism does not believe in idols, and neither does Guru Granth Sahib. So why are so many Sikhs making idols out of the baba ji sants and neeshaan sahibi? They are making an idol out of Guru Granth Sahib, too, but not learning what Guru ji teaches.

I heard that there are 7 granths competing for guruship.

Harsimirit Ji,

All this comes down to lack of education. Believe it or not, the Sikh community is still largely uneducated. It is easier for people to accept what they are being told as longs its wrapped up in religious fashion. People do not question things because people may point a finger at them.

There have always been a handful of Sikhs who seek the truth and give their lives for it. The rest may talk about the truth but not live it.

Just one pure Gurusikh in the Sangat is enough for others take inspiration from. We even struggle for that.

There always be people who will try to disapprove the truth and mislead people. There will always be individual chardi kalla, unki bhadar soorme who show them that the Sikhs are ALIVE AND WELL.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM