• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is It Possible For A Mona To Achieve Samadhi?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Bhagat Singh ji just three comments with your wording from post on page 4,
"Ambarsaria ji, when you visit a school, do you get sad to see students learning there?"
Of course I get sad if I see a bright mind getting to waste. My comment was in that regard as I saw egoistic approach and a bull headed approach showing up. If fellow learners don't flag others weaknesses, who would? So it is meant in the most positive way though it may appear negative

There is a saying, "When whirlwinds of youth blow, you are blinded for a while".
As intelligent or articulate I may sound or may be, there is still a lot I need to learn. SPN is one of those places, where I can do that. That's the only reason I post here.
Wonderful articulation. I do it for the same reason.
It's easier on my eyes to read and have bits of the shabad that I think represent what the shabad is saying (rather the whole shabad).
Now here is the issue as flagged by spnadmin ji and others. What makes anyone think that bits of a shabad represent the shabad and not the whole shabad? Let alone the shabad itself being linked to rest of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

First and foremost guidance from Professor Sahib Singh ji if nothing else is learnt and I paraphrase, " Don't read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji with a motive to support a point of view or looking for something. Rather study it and find something. He goes into great detail about Shabad structures to help interpret and understand including reference to the shabad before Rahao and after as one of many nuggets for the layman."

Don't sell yourself short as in general your posts have good information for me to learn aside from some differences.

Sat Sri Akal.lolmundahug

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
In many regards this discussion is not fruitful. When we focus on the end result then it distracts from the journey. When we go into something focussed on the end result it can be counterproductive as if that outcome isn't achieved then it leads to disappointment and depression. An element of ego can also be introduced which stops us making the grade. All is governed by Waheguru's will so we can never know how things will work out. We can try our hardest to achieve what we desire but whether this will happen is determined by only Hukam whether we are black or white, Sikh or not, male or female etc

I don't believe can we achieve samadhi is the best question. I think a more appropriate question is how can I live to be the best person I can be.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM