• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
I checked first with your Admin :) and was told I could repost this because the previous one fell victim to the forum upgrade.. LOL. I apologize in advance if anyone disapproves.

I am the admin over at Islam Factor forum. I would like to extend an invitation to you to participate in the threads on our forum.

We have a diverse member based from many faiths (and non-faith ppl). I hope to explore and promote diversity on our forum. We have Christians, Muslims, Atheists, etc. The one thing we dont have is Sikh representation.

Our site is dedicated to freedom of expression and diversity with a focus on confronting Islamic extremism and promoting tolerance. We hope to promote a mutual understanding of cooperation and working together on the forum.

I don't want our forum to go without at least some people from the Sikh community to offer challenging discussion on ANY issue that concerns them or to act as a counterbalance on issues related to them.

More particularly, I am interested in people who can tell us about the Sikh faith as well as your perspectives.

My main goal in inviting you all is for the sole purpose of helping our members learn about Sikhism as I have worked with Sikhs in the past to help educate the public. It was something that I originally did for Muslims but then included Sikhs as I found that they ha become mistaken for Muslims unfairly in hate crimes and saw the need for public education on the topic.

If you are interested, please feel free to join and participate. I look forward to seeing you there.

The link is: Islam Factor

Please also read our Purpose of Forum post to find out more.

Islam Factor

Have a great day! :)

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Well its good thing sikhs are not there. Coz all sikhs are busy in Meditating on the God as our Guru ji says

ਅਗਿਆਨਮਤੀ ਸਦਾ ਅੰਧਿਆਰਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੨॥
अगिआनमती सदा अंधिआरा गुरमुखि बूझि हरि गावणिआ ॥२॥
Agi*ānmaṯī saḏā anḏẖi*ārā gurmukẖ būjẖ har gāvaṇi*ā. ||2||
The foolish intellectuals are forever in spiritual darkness. The Gurmukhs understand, and sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||2||

So I discourage Sikhs going there and Arguing with muslims/christians on foolish matter. WE all know what is true. Nobody gonna listen to us anyways, coz truth is bitter always.

If you guys could find god, that will be great. we pray for you as well.. Be strong in your faith and forgive us

thanks
stupidjassi

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
I think you didnt really read anything of what I wrote in this invite nor did you take the time to check out the forum purpose. Of all the Sikhs I have worked with (in real life) I never met one who was opposed to the idea of dialogue, mutual understanding and cooperation. Guess there is a first time for everything :(

This is not a site devoted to converting people. Re-read my invite and it tells you the purpose. No one asked you to argue or convert. Your post is unfair.

Also, I checked with your admin. If they thought this was a bad invite, they wouldnt have let me post it on the forum here.

Again, re-read my invite.

I am equally open to opening a special Sikh section where sikhs can pin-up their beliefs for everyone to read.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2006
This is not a site devoted to converting people. Re-read my invite and it tells you the purpose. No one asked you to argue or convert. Your post is unfair.
With all due respect, Islam, like Christianity as missionary religions whose teachings are biased in favor of encouraging debate and even seemingly innocent discussion for the sole purpose of undermining religion and inviting conversions. I'm sorry but history of Islam and Christianity, are no friend of the Sikhs.

You will likely only meet with skepticism and caution. I agree with Jassi and urge Sikh sangat to boycott discussions with missionary religions due to the history of ulterior agenda. I have yet to see a Muslim website which presented an unbiased view of Sikh religion and was not engineered to do all it can to undermine the faith. And the presentations where Sikh reverts to Islam stand up and publically denounce and insult Sikhism are spectacles worthy of national apology.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
It is ironical, I think you have misunderstood my post. Probably you need to re-read my reply despite of perusing me to read yours.

As you yourself said , ' This is not a site devoted to converting people.'. I have never thought in that way, even i have not blamed you for inventing a new way to trap people with innocent discussion.

The reason why i discourage dialogue because I except the discussion to be more in the way argument specific and less about singing the praise of God. I have hardly heard about any time, or any place where muslims/ christians ever sing Psalm of the Almighty one. in fact they always waste their time in meaningless discussion, So what do i expect if sikhs/ hindu also evolve .

No body gonna listen to anyone because Muslim and christians are professional Missionary ( forgive me if it hurts) as Harjas Kaur Khalsa also meant.

On the other hand there are still tons of innocent sikh/hindu/bhudist who probably are waiting for a time to get convert.

What type of discussion do you expect anyways? If you want to read about Sikhism ,come here , we`ll happy to teach you. But if you want to invite us for pointless discussion i am sorry.

I don't think Sikhism does beilve in meaningless conversation. If you want to discuss with somebody why you don't discuss your issues with God himself?

See ,even right now i am wasting my time in arguing you . i could better use my time in having simran etc.

I apologize for harsh response but truth is always bitter :p
thanks
stupidjassi

I think you didnt really read anything of what I wrote in this invite nor did you take the time to check out the forum purpose. Of all the Sikhs I have worked with (in real life) I never met one who was opposed to the idea of dialogue, mutual understanding and cooperation. Guess there is a first time for everything :(

Also, I checked with your admin. If they thought this was a bad invite, they wouldnt have let me post it on the forum here.

Again, re-read my invite.

I am equally open to opening a special Sikh section where sikhs can pin-up their beliefs for everyone to read.

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
It is ironical, I think you have misunderstood my post. Probably you need to re-read my reply despite of perusing me to read yours.

As you yourself said , ' This is not a site devoted to converting people.'. I have never thought in that way, even i have not blamed you for inventing a new way to trap people with innocent discussion.

The reason why i discourage dialogue because I except the discussion to be more in the way argument specific and less about singing the praise of God. I have hardly heard about any time, or any place where muslims/ christians ever sing Psalm of the Almighty one. in fact they always waste their time in meaningless discussion, So what do i expect if sikhs/ hindu also evolve .

No body gonna listen to anyone because Muslim and christians are professional Missionary ( forgive me if it hurts) as Harjas Kaur Khalsa also meant.

On the other hand there are still tons of innocent sikh/hindu/bhudist who probably are waiting for a time to get convert.

What type of discussion do you expect anyways? If you want to read about Sikhism ,come here , we`ll happy to teach you. But if you want to invite us for pointless discussion i am sorry.

I don't think Sikhism does beilve in meaningless conversation. If you want to discuss with somebody why you don't discuss your issues with God himself?

See ,even right now i am wasting my time in arguing you . i could better use my time in having simran etc.

I apologize for harsh response but truth is always bitter :p
thanks
stupidjassi

Singing the praises of God is commendable. I wouldn't know why you wouldnt want to share that with the world.

Second, we are not a missionary forum (said for the second time). Read our forum Purpose (again, for the second time). Seems the only missionary is the one telling me about truth hurting ;) Interesting comment since I havent done or said anything but invite you.

You dont know my relationship with God to say that I dont already discuss things with him. that is not the purpose of my invite. My invite is to improve awareness about Sikhism (among other faiths and ideas on our forum).

Again, this isnt only about my learning, but the learning of many others who wouldnt ordinarily come to a Sikh forum, who are still willing to learn about Sikhism. Come to the forum and find out.

We are more than happy to host Sikhs on our forum. I dont know why you would turn down a hand of friendship. :confused:

Have a nice day :)

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
With all due respect, Islam, like Christianity as missionary religions whose teachings are biased in favor of encouraging debate and even seemingly innocent discussion for the sole purpose of undermining religion and inviting conversions. I'm sorry but history of Islam and Christianity, are no friend of the Sikhs.

You will likely only meet with skepticism and caution. I agree with Jassi and urge Sikh sangat to boycott discussions with missionary religions due to the history of ulterior agenda. I have yet to see a Muslim website which presented an unbiased view of Sikh religion and was not engineered to do all it can to undermine the faith. And the presentations where Sikh reverts to Islam stand up and publically denounce and insult Sikhism are spectacles worthy of national apology.

So, your saying that you cannot establish friendship with a Christian or Muslim because you are scared of their innate intentions of converting you?

Sounds silly to me. Especially, since my invite was for you all to tell us about Sikhism, not to discuss conversion or anything leading to conversion.

Im not interested in converting Christians, Jews, Sikhs or anyone. Just to hear opinions, learn, and offer the same for our members.

I even offered to start a special Sikh section if need be, but no one seems to read that part of my invite. Nor is there any reading of the part where I have worked with Sikhs to increase awareness and tolerance when wrongfully identified and targetted in backlashes against Muslims.

If you are not interested, ignore the invite, but dont prejudge my intentions, relationship with God, and our forum when you have not been a part of establishing relationships with the many good people (from all faiths) on our forum.

If the history of Christianity and Islam is no friend to Sikhs, then tell us it. I think you will find that maybe we dont agree with some of the things people have done in the name of our religions. If you read the purpose of our forum thread, you would see that clearly. Furthermore, just because our religions have clashed in the past, doesnt mean we cant forge a new relationship that will benefit us in the future. The world is getting smaller and we need to learn to tolerate and live together in peace, even among difference.

Like I tell the Muslims, dont act like crabs in a barrel. When one tries to get out the others pull him back down into the pit. Lets work towards new friendships.

Kind Regards

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
Islamfac;
I went over and read some of your boards;including the Jewish one (I am) and I applaud your efforts. But right now Sikhi ihas going through a period of aggressive missionizing by Muslims, and you should realize that Sikhs don't have priests or religious qazis who have ready responses at their fingertips. So many are here learning more.
I think that may be a part of it.
all the best

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Islafac ji

First of all my thanks for inviting Sikhs to your site. As a Sikh we believe, if some one is Muslim, it is His Will, if Christian, again as per His Will. None of the religions represented on your site has this approach. Missionaries behavior stuck in quagmire of superiority which according to Sikhism is the main obstacle in pursuit of His bliss. While on your site, while discussing religion, a lot of heat goes up. People start teaching science from the religion. I feel Sikhs should devote more time to understanding their own religion. All people of other faiths are welcome on interfaith thread as freely as they want but even over their same superiority complex ego spoils the whole show quite often. It was not a cool experience. I wish you success on your site!
Thanks again.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Islamfac

Welcome to this forum !

And I would like to appreciate and thank you for the efforts you are puting in bring harmony

I wish and hope your efforts bring the desired results as per the will of God

Jatinder Singh

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
Islamfac;
I went over and read some of your boards;including the Jewish one (I am) and I applaud your efforts. But right now Sikhi ihas going through a period of aggressive missionizing by Muslims
all the best

I did not realize this.

See, I dont know much about what is happening in the Subcontinent. I am not Pakistani, Indian or eastern even. :cool:

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
Thank you guys for the welcome :)

Perhaps I will pop in from time to time to ask a question.

I can see that some things Muslims may be doing in your part of the world is aggressive or extreme and that concerns many of you. I am American and maybe have not realized how this would be effecting you. Sikhs and Muslims in my area have always been open to each other and cooperative on many issues relating to them in politics and society.

If there is anything to do with Islamic aggression or extremism, feel free to post it on our site. Our forum purpose includes dealing with such things.

As for Sikhism, since no one is willing to help with that, I will research and post my own articles on the sikh faith. That seems kind of silly to me to do but I have no real choice. I prefer people get their information from Sikhs about Sikhism, not from a Muslim about Sikhism. See my point?

Best wishes to you all :)

Feb 14, 2006
I looked over your site and registered. While I won't debate religion with you, I am interested in your political forum, since the War on Terror has impacted our community greatly. I have had so much discrimination and all because people think I'm a Muslim, or even if they know I'm not still act in discriminatory ways. I never had this experience before 9/11. And I had Muslims come up to me at work (when I had a job) telling me it was good I was keeping my hair covered. One time I remember being insulted for being a Muslim. I was about to protest that I was a Sikh when I looked over and saw an American doctor who I knew was married to an Iranian Muslim looking sadly at me. And I took that abuse in the name of Muslim religion because it didn't make sense to protest being a Sikh as if that made the hate against Muslims correct. In America at least, we do have common issues. More Sikhs have been assaulted or killed because of the ignorance and prejudice promoted by the political situation which I think is government instigated to begin with to isolate vulnerable communities and create scapegoats. At work I was always saying fateh to Muslims in hijab since we were all in the same boat (I wear a turban). At least... when I still had a job.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Islamfac ji

SPN has the deliberate mission of promoting open dialog about many topics that touch about Sikhi and Sikhism. Inter-faith dialog is an important part of SPN. So are the perspectives of people from other religious paths. Please feel welcome here. I reiterate the comments of drkhalsa in this regard.

I have not registered in your forum but I have read all of your comments here on SPN. You distinguish yourself by your temperate demeanor and words and your clear writing. Your objectives so far as I can tell are important if any kind of inter-faith understanding and dialog are to take place on this planet. And that is the only way to overcome distrust and prejudice -- on any side of the fence. I do see your point: I prefer people get their information from Sikhs about Sikhism, not from a Muslim about Sikhism. See my point? end quote

As you read through the threads on SPN you will discover this pattern. There is a backlog of concern among Sikhs about Islam because of the current distress in many immigrant communities here in the States but also in Europe, Malaysia and other parts of the world, where Sikhs legitimately feel that their religious identity and freedom are seriously compromised, even assaulted by Muslims. This is a very real problem. These events do not of course justify bigotry from the Sikh side. And it does not excuse anyone from taking the more balanced view of Islam. However, in my opinion, it does explain the anger or the suspicion of many Sikhs toward Islam, and much of the negativity.

I wish you luck with your forum, and will myself register. Harboring anger is not the way to overcome misunderstanding. And anger and resentment are not the Sikhi way to God. Please continue posting your very interesting thoughts here on SPN also.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
I think: ...as long as we are open-minded, tolerance and able to listen, we all will be fine.

But, the problem is...too many times...someone usually think that s/he is better than the other.

I say: ...there's only one God. No man be s/he is white, brown, black and etcs. can be apart in this global era. We are all brothers and sisters.

Just be careful, don't step on my toe...because it's ouch!!

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
Thank you all for your welcome. I saw that someone posted an intro on our forum with the Sikhphilosophy link.

I hope you all welcome Jonfan. He has made an appearance here and is one of our moderators :)

Also, I saw this very cool video. I hope you all are not offended by music. The Punjab has a rich culture, so I didnt think you would be.

Check out this link I posted in the Sikh section.

Muslim/Sikh Video

Futurekaur, thank you for your input on the forum. Even if your not knowledgeable, just meeting you can help others know that Sikhs are good people. I learned this as a Muslim that many people have prejudice out of ignorance and when they get to meet and make friends with you, their perception changes!

Peace everyone!

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
I enjoyed it a lot! I was happy to see a Muslim, Suleiman Mirza and a Sikh, Madhu Singh, dancing and making music together. The point is the video was total fusion: an Indian take on a Western song. So creative. That should be our future.
thanks Islamfac, I totally agree.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM