• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Intolerance, Religious Unfamiliarity Lead To Severe Bullying Of Local Student (includes TV Video Of

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
They came to this country for better opportunities but found it inhospitable instead. It came in the form of severe bullying.

In fact, a local Sikh family thought about going back to India as their son was mercilessly bullied.

Sikhism is something unfamiliar to many in the West. A tradition dating back 400 years in India, its followers wear head coverings and long beards. It’s a tradition that made one boy a target for bullies.

On any given day, you can hear prayers coming from the Sikh Temple of Las Vegas. For many men of this faith, covering the head is always the custom.

“The reason for my turban is respect to the God… and I have long hair,” explains Amar Chaddha. “By religion, we have to have long hair under the turban. I have a long beard, which I tie up. You can see a pin here; I roll [the beard] up and tie it.”

Chaddha wants to share the story of the Sikhs because, he says, ignorance in this country is leading to hatred and racism.

“You face those challenges everywhere. Doesn’t matter if it’s the airport, law enforcement; people look at you differently. It’s so hard to tell people [that] first of all, we are not Muslim, we are Sikhs and we [come from] Punjab, the northern part of India. There is a lack of involvement and education out there.”

That lack of education may have led to the severe bullying of the Gurdwara priest’s son, Raman Deep, who is now 14.

Sue Manteris: How long has this been happening to you?

“They used to call me terrorist, Osama, stuff like that,” says Raman. “They said oh, you want to blow up the school at the end of the year and stuff like that. When I would walk in the hallways they would slap me. In class they made fun of me they threw papers at me.”

Raman didn’t tell his father for a long time what was happening at school for fear of reprisals.

After learning the truth, the priest told his son never to be hostile to his bullies, but to tell his teachers and counselors about the situation instead.

Raman did, and each incident was to be handled on a case by case basis. However, the problem of consistent bullying was never addressed by the school.

It was then that Amar Chadha knew he and others in the Sikh community had to spring into action. They contacted a national Sikh organization which had been helping other Sikhs in similar situations throughout the country.

After 911, Sikhs in this country were targeted, called Arabs and Muslims in a pejorative sense, harassed and killed.

Now, the Sikh community here wants to conduct seminars on Sikhism for the school district and individual schools so that what happened to Raman won’t be repeated.

Just last month, the New York school system agreed to settle a lawsuit that alleged it failed to protect a Sikh student from violent bullies. The settlement also includes education about bias and discrimination in the New York school system and specific issues that face Sikh students.

Parents, the sooner you know your child is being bullied, the better you can respond. News 3, in conjunction with the Anti-Defamation League, is holding a cyber-bullying seminar Wednesday, November 10th at the Paseo Verde Library in Henderson. It’s across from The District shopping center.

http://www.mynews3.com/story.php?id=30966&n=5037

Attachments

• bullied.jpg
    bullied.jpg
    21.8 KB · Reads: 246

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I wonder if any of the Sikh organisations have created school education presentations? I know that here in Australia, when I was at high school (10 years ago), we had different groups come to the school and give presentations. We had a Christian group come to a school assembly, preach and hand out Bibles. Perhaps if there was some similar kind of Sikh education group, which would go from school to school giving short presentations about Sikhism and Punjab, it would help?

I got really angry a couple of years ago in an Australian city called Perth when I was walking along a footpath right in the heart of the city with some young men (early 20s) behind me, and a Singh was walking towards us, and after he'd walked past one of the young men turned around and yelled Muslim slurs at him. I was so full of rage I wanted to turn around and take them both on (yeah, me and my 5'4" army!!). But the Singh didn't even turn around or visibly flinch. I'm guessing he gets it a lot. And good for him to keep wearing his turban and beard!!

But if those two "men" had been educated at some point, perhaps that wouldn't have happened.

Right. That's it. I'm going to do some research!

Ishna

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This would be one example of such an organization in the US is Sikh Research Institute of San Antonio. They play an active role globally. Not just in the US. Part of their specific mission is to address bullying on the Internet.

Here is their involvement in Global Awareness through Collaboration

http://www.sikhri.org/global-awareness.html#Section15614816 Use this link to go to the Click on links to find out more about individual projects.

Will You Strengthen SikhRI's Global Awareness Work Today?

A key component of SikhRI's mission is to raise global awareness of Sikhi. Much of the world is still largely ignorant of Sikhs, our history, our beliefs, our presence and contributions in communities around the world. Through our Global Awareness work, SikhRI partners with educational institutes, government offices and law enforcement agencies, interfaith and intercultural groups, and other Sikh organizations, in collaborative efforts to preserve history, protect human and civil rights and disseminate accurate information about Sikhi everywhere.

The problems caused by ignorance and prejudice are very real, and when one person in our community is affected, it ripples outward. Conversely, when we educate an area of the adult population, or make an educational impression on a group of young children, those effects will be felt on a larger scale as well, and on into the next generation.

Events like " Infinite Wisdom Day" and our program on "Sikh Americans" which is designed as an introduction to the basics of Sikhi, as well as our participation in Martin Luther King Junior day activities, Cesar Chavez celebrations and September 11th interfaith memorials, show the range of SikhRI's activity on the Global Awareness front, activities which we believe are making a difference for Sikhs everywhere.

As with any work done by a nonprofit though, we need your support to ensure we have the means to plan for more Global Awareness work in 2011. Please spend some time with our website, to see in more detail what the Global Awareness aspect of our mission means to us. For the good of Sikhs everywhere and the dispelling of ignorance around the world, consider a donation today!

Creating Global Awareness

In the wake of the global reality shift that occurred after the terrorist attacks
in the United States on 11 September 2001, the obvious lack of public
awareness and dearth of educational forums regarding the Sikh faith became
an issue of growing concern.

Global Awareness, one of the three main areas of focus to which SikhRI
devotes its efforts, is dedicated to countering this ignorance and the instances
of injustice and intolerance that too often accompanies lack of understanding.

Through lectures, discussions and seminars, SikhRI makes it a priority to
design and host programs which are intended to facilitate interaction and
dialogue among participants.

SikhRI is strongly committed to open educational forums that further “Harmony
in a world of difference.”

SikhRI has delivered at events in over 60 cities across 5 continents. The
venues include:
• Educational Institutions
• Government Agencies
• Interfaith and Inter-cultural Forums
• Sikh and Panjabi Organizations
• Radio and TV programs

SikhRI also undertakes regular efforts to reach out to the global community
through print, television, radio and Internet appearances.

Program Lead
Shraddha Nembang
info@sikhri.org

Invite a Speaker
Click here to register!
Creating Global Events

Interfaith/Intercultural Dialogue
SikhRI strives to further understanding through dialogue.

Some events SikhRI has previously participated in include:

• Inseparable Creator-Creation: A Sikh Eco-Theological Perspective,
Evening of World Faith, Oblate School of Theology, San Antonio, TX, USA

• Sikh Americans: Life & Lifestyle, 2nd “United Communities”, United
Communities of San Antonio, Institute of Texan Cultures Auditorium,
San Antonio, TX, USA

• Remembrance, 9/11 Keeping Faith Keeping Freedom, City Hall,
San Antonio, TX, USA

Radio/TV Shows
SikhRI undertakes regular efforts to reach out to the global community through print, television, radio and Internet appearances.

Some appearances SikhRI has previously made include:
• The Third Sikh Ghallūghārā, Nirvair Radio - AM 1320,
Toronto, ON, Canada
• Interview, Omni TV, Channel 8, Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Sharing Our Bounty of Goodness: Light for the World to See, CTSA Channel, Time Warner Cable
Channel 15.

Sikh Institutions

Through lectures, discussions and seminars, SikhRI makes it a priority to design and host programs which are intended to facilitate interaction and dialogue among participants.

• Nurturing Your Sikh Child - Beyond Camps & Schools, Guru Nanak Foundation of America, Silver
Spring, MD, USA
• The Partition, Sikh Youth Convention, 2009 University of Alberta Sikh Conference, Edmonton,
AB, Canada
• Sing the Glorious Praises, Gurduārā Sāhib, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa

Educational Institutions

Through lectures, discussions and seminars, SikhRI makes it a priority to design and host programs which are intended to facilitate interaction and dialogue among participants.

• Turbans & Dhols in South Texas, A.T.L.A.S, United Communities of San Antonio, Genesis Ranch,
Canyon Lake, TX, USA
• Guru Nanak Sahib: Purpose & Persona, Sikh Jeevan Jach te Guru Nanak, Falconridge Castleridge
Community Center, NE Calgary, AB, Canada
• Sikhi - Culture of Oneness, 263 Dwindelle Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA

SikhRI has the skills and the resources to research and deliver a lecture, workshop, or presentation on various facets of the Sikhs, the Panjab, and the South Asia. It may include religion, culture, politics, linguistics, leadership, and development.

If we can serve you or your organization on a specific topic, please contact us at 210.757.4555, or email to info@sikhri.org.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In the UK, Roop Singh, the storyteller is in great demand by schools to teach children about Sikhism

http://roop-singh.tripod.com/

Roop Singh is often discribed as a charasmatic and entertaining Sikh raconteur by many teachers and pupils. His distinct appearance complements his unique style that exudes a charisma which rivets audiences of all ages to his stories and descriptions of Sikh life and customs. In fact his storytelling is so compelling that he's capable of telling stories in Punjabi to a non-Punjabi audience and not only do they enjoy it - they understand it!!

Roop Singh discovered his talent for storytelling over 15 years ago. He recalls, "As a school boy I was often bullied and victimised for wearing a Turban. Even today I still believe it was mainly due to ignorance. In those days there wasn't alot of multicultural education or resources and certainly wasn't apart of the National Curriculam. It has always been my aim to help others understand my beliefs and my way of life. So when I was invited into a school to help promote a 'cultural celebration day' I grasped it with both hands. I soon found myself relating stories from the Sikh world to captivated audiences. There was no hard sell no admonishment - just stories."

The teachers were so thrilled they asked Roop Singh back and told him that his brand of storytelling should happen in all schools. It wasn't long before his name was passed around and it basically snowballed from there. Now, Roop Singh spend his time visiting schools all over the country and has been visiting schools in Europe, New Zealand and America.

Roop Singh's workshops help pupils of all ages to understand other cultures and transform their own experiences into lively exciting stories. He also provides sessions in Sikh Awareness, Dance and Drama and INSET.

" He's a brilliant very amusing raconteur. He captivated the children with stories about honesty and humility " Sheila Queen, Deputy Head, Pollockshields Primary School, Glasgow.

" He had the children absolutely enthralled. He proved to be a natural showman and entertainer and a natural teacher.

" Ian Rothery, Deputy Head, Selby High School.

" Roop Singh is cheerful with happiness and filled with joy. " Y5 pupil, North Yorkshire School.

He has also created this set of tools:

Sikh Awareness Workshop

Introduction
Sometimes Religious Eduation is overlooked and isn't given the same status as other subjects. Quite often comments such as 'It's not important to learn about other religions and cultures' are made. Comments like these couldn't be further from the truth, especially as we live in a growing multi-cultural society. From our experience we believe a lack of information and understanding can lead to prejudices that could later develop into uncontrollable racism. It is therefore our aim to inform and educate to prevent such unsociable behaviour. Thus building a better society!

Presentation
Roop Singh is our charasmatic and entertaining workshop leader who certainly puts the fun back into learning with his lively, interactive presentatons. He will start with a 90 minute presentation in which he will bringing the theory to religion to life. To do this he will ask pupils to help him demonstrate aspects of the Sikh religion, therefore curriculam targets are surpassed! Aspects of the Sikh religion that are covered include The Gurus', Gurdwara, Amrit ceremony, 5K's and Wedding ceremony. After the presentation the group will be split into 3 or 4 workshop groups and each group will embark on a different workshop.

Workshops
Group one - Newspaper- Make a newspaper, covering the exciting event that has taken place in school today. Pupils, teachers and Mr. Singh may be interviewed to make it more realistic.
Resources Required: computers or free hand.
Group two - Golden Temple - Make a replica model of the Golden Temple using templates.
Resources Required: Card, glue, coloured paper, paint, gold marker pens, craft knives and scissors.
Group three - Artefacts - Make replica models of the Artefacts that were on show and describe how they are used.
Resources Required: Card, wood, wool, foil, cloth, clay, junk materials, glue, paint and gold spray paint.
Group four - Poster Making - Make a poster covering one aspect of the Sikh religion.
Resources Required: Sugar paper, glue, coloured foil paper.
Optional group five - Role Play - Dramatise one aspect of the presentation, demonstrating the theory into practice.
Resources Required: Drama teacher.

Workshop Presentation
Near the end of the school day the whole school will be invited to a presentation in which the groups involved will be able to display their work.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is another project I just found. By Sikh Coalition, for NY City.

This March 8th-12th is the first ever “Respect For All Week” in New York City public schools. During this week, schools are being encouraged to hold awareness-raising programs to combat bullying based on race, religion, gender and more.

The Sikh Coalition is partnering with the Department of Education (DOE) to make the first ever Respect For All Week a success. But we need your help. We are offering schools free Sikh Awareness Presentations where Sikh Coalition-trained educators will come into schools and conduct presentations and trainings for students and teachers about Sikhism. Raising awareness about Sikhi is necessary to reduce the bullying and harassment that youth in our community face. We are also working with the DOE to make lesson plans about Sikh awareness available to all teachers in New York City so they can teach accurate information about Sikhi in their classes during Respect For All Week and beyond.

What we’re asking parents AND Sikh students in NYC public schools to do:

* Talk to your child’s teacher, school Respect For All Coordinator, principal, or other staff member and tell him/her you want the school to do something for Respect For All Week. Ask them if anything is already being planned. (and let us know what they say!)
* Tell the teacher or staff member that you you would like to see a Sikh awareness presentation in your school for Respect For All Week because it will help address bullying of Sikh students like your son/daughter. Tell them the Sikh Coalition is offering these presentations to schools for Respect For All Week for free and also has lesson plans that schools can use to teach students about Sikhism and diversity.
* You can have them contact the Sikh Coalition’s Education Director, Manbeena Kaur, to set up a presentation. Her contact information is: manbeena@sikhcoalition.org, 212-655-3095 x88.

Let’s make a difference in our schools and raise awareness about Sikhi!

For any general questions about Respect For All Week, contact Sonny at sonny@sikhcoalition.org or 212-655-3095 x86.

Attachments

• rfa-week-flyer-compressed.jpg
    rfa-week-flyer-compressed.jpg
    36.4 KB · Reads: 258

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
There are many such initiatives. However, I do not think they are collected together in any one place. Usually they turn up randomly when I surf the net.

Perhaps we should create a section just for this purpose. A forum where educational efforts to raise awareness about Sikhi in schools internationally would be very helpful.a\

Actually I just found out -November is Sikh Awareness Month - What are we doing about it?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I wonder if any of the Sikh organisations have created school education presentations? I know that here in Australia, when I was at high school (10 years ago), we had different groups come to the school and give presentations. We had a Christian group come to a school assembly, preach and hand out Bibles. Perhaps if there was some similar kind of Sikh education group, which would go from school to school giving short presentations about Sikhism and Punjab, it would help?

I got really angry a couple of years ago in an Australian city called Perth when I was walking along a footpath right in the heart of the city with some young men (early 20s) behind me, and a Singh was walking towards us, and after he'd walked past one of the young men turned around and yelled Muslim slurs at him. I was so full of rage I wanted to turn around and take them both on (yeah, me and my 5'4" army!!). But the Singh didn't even turn around or visibly flinch. I'm guessing he gets it a lot. And good for him to keep wearing his turban and beard!!

But if those two "men" had been educated at some point, perhaps that wouldn't have happened.

Right. That's it. I'm going to do some research!

Ishna

Dear Ishna

What makes you think that if those men were educated they would not had yelled at the singh.May be then the slur not be muslim one but Sikh boys and men are constantly face some kind of words which they don't like irrespective of the education of the person who is using them.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I just read the comments to that news article:

Here are the two most extreme:

The easy cure is go back where you came from.we need to get rid of problems by letting less people in this country . kids will be kids . the storng survive

They want to hold seminars in the schools to educate everyone about their Religion? Keep your religion to yourself ! We are a country of religious people and we don't hold seminars in schools to educate our different religions! Maybe the Sicks should stop dressing like every day is Holloween.Keep you 400 year traditions at home and blend into OUR traditional society !!!!

There are other, less nasty comments, but just imagine you are a boy or girl dealing with this attitude every day in school. Just imagine...

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Some of those comments are shocking -- I didn't go to the site to read the comments until you mentioned it Mai ji.

To balance it out, I did like this one:

The Sikhs are wonderful people. Our communities and our schools are better for the inclusion of such people. I hope the Sikh community can overcome the ignorance and prejudice of my fellow Americans who seek to advance themselves while belittling others.

Teasing and bullying happens no matter who you are, I think. I got teased a lot, for being chubby, for being a nerd, and for being a Pagan (by the Muslim in fact, who was teased for his traditional style of clothing!!).

When I was on Sikh camp, the Sikh kids were teasing each other!!! There was something very nasty written on the white board about one of the other campers. :(

Perhaps that is just the way kids are (who said they were sweet and innocent?!?!) and we need to be focusing on coping strategies?

Kanwardeep ji: I guess people are always suspicious of something which is strange to them, and which they don't really understand. Time, multi-culturalism and interfaith dialogue are the only things which will gradually diminish the divide. It will be interesting to see the racial landscape in a couple more generations.

Ishna

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
There are many such initiatives. However, I do not think they are collected together in any one place. Usually they turn up randomly when I surf the net.

Perhaps we should create a section just for this purpose. A forum where educational efforts to raise awareness about Sikhi in schools internationally would be very helpful.a\

Actually I just found out -November is Sikh Awareness Month - What are we doing about it?

I love it! I wonder who declared November Sikh Awareness Month?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh Coalition.

We ought to be able to launch something really classy and visible in a short period of time. It will pop into my head when I don't try to think about it. LOL

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kanwardeep ji: I guess people are always suspicious of something which is strange to them, and which they don't really understand. Time, multi-culturalism and interfaith dialogue are the only things which will gradually diminish the divide. It will be interesting to see the racial landscape in a couple more generations.

It is the nature of Humans to make fun of people Which look different from them .That is why people laugh at persons Which are few inches shorter or fatter than them

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
That would be me, Kanwardeep Ji, so laugh away! cheeringkudi
But on a serious note, it's a bit different when you're short or fat or have a funny nose or a limp or a stutter... they're things you can't "fix". But if just by taking off your patka or cutting your hair will make the teasing go away (until they decide your ears are too big or your hair is too curly!), you can see how it would be complicated for traditional Sikh kids.

I can't imagine how, if I was a Sikh kid and knew in my teens what I know now, I would get so mad being teased by ignorant kids when I think about the sacrifices made by Sikhs in history. It would just burn you up. I don't know how any of them get through it, and can understand why some of them buckle under the strain. As long as they come back to it when they're through school.

Ishna

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I can't imagine how, if I was a Sikh kid and knew in my teens what I know now, I would get so mad being teased by ignorant kids when I think about the sacrifices made by Sikhs in history. It would just burn you up. I don't know how any of them get through it, and can understand why some of them buckle under the strain. As long as they come back to it when they're through school.

Ishna

Well there are fields where uncouth ,abusive language is used against each other.
Let me Give you example When Me and my brothers used to play cricket at very ground level,slurs against like ( judi) Means a boy with knot was quite common.Also if a sikh boy drops a catch then first thing other boys used to say is it 12 o clock? There is no way you could have escaped this.Once the level of cricket gets higher the use of Language also gets more abusive
mainly by players who used to dominate the cricket.In these type of case's there is only one way to tackle it and that is just play very good cricket.No amount of preaching or fighting is going to work,and BTW if you cannot play good cricket then don't play it or just accept what others boys say

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
There are other, less nasty comments, but just imagine you are a boy or girl dealing with this attitude every day in school. Just imagine...

Unfortunately I don't need to imagine Mai Ji as that is what I dealt with for many years from age 4 when I started proper school (half my school life motherlylove). I hope never to repeat the experience but it is much easier to deal with rascism now having been through that. Its also made it much easier for me to deal with peer pressure.

United Sikhs also runs an education programme:
http://www.unitedsikhs.org/sap/

What is the Sikh Awareness Project (SAP)? The Sikh Awareness Project is a series of specially-designed, age-appropriate presentations to educate school children, faculty, college-age students, law enforcement, governmental and non-governmental professionals, and the general public about the Sikh faith, the distinct appearance of Sikhs, and discrimination and other problems that Sikhs face. The main aim of the project is to increase awareness about Sikhs in the society that we interact with everyday, and promote understanding about who Sikhs are.

Why is there a need?
Sikhs have a distinct physical appearance as initiated by the tenth Guru of the Sikh religion. Post 9/11, Sikhs have been targets of hate crimes and increased racial discrimination at school and work. There also have been incidents of police brutality in many states. These problems have increased the need for spreading awareness about Sikhs and ensuring that the innocent Sikhs are not wrongly labeled or discriminated against.

How will SAP help?
Education is a limitless tool that can reach out to children and adults alike, working to eliminate discrimination and bullying where it occurs and prevent it from happening. Only in recent years have governmental offices and private enterprises provided resources and training for staff on issues of discrimination and diversity. Furthermore, few school curriculums cover world religions, and even fewer have detailed, accurate explanations of the Sikh faith and why Sikhs have a distinct appearance. SAP not only explains the tenets of Sikhism, but also explains why Sikhs have a distinct appearance, particularly addressing the dastaar (the Sikh turban, worn as an article of faith). Children are the future, so to educate and breed understanding in them is a way to foster awareness of the Sikh identity in the entire community.

SAP at School
Sikh children are often bullied and taunted as a result of their unique appearance, and have faced an increase of bullying in the years following the 9/11 attacks and the recent conflicts in the Middle East. Studies have shown that bullying is incredibly destructive for both the bully and those being bullied; bullies often later resort to more major offenses and displays of violence, including vandalism, assault, and even murder, whereas those being bullied suffer from a lack of self-esteem and confidence for many years, sometimes to a crippling degree.

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="right">
img7.jpg
</td> <td width="20px">
</td><td colspan="2" align="left">
imgF.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td width="221px">
UNITED SIKHS volunteers discussing the importance of the Dastaar (Sikh turban) at a middle school​
</td> <td>
</td> <td width="221px">
UNITED SIKHS volunteers conducting the SAP presentations with students​
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
UNITED SIKHS has been working with schools where incidents of bullying were reported in the past. UNITED SIKHS approaches the schools and arranges Sikh Awareness Presentations to introduce the Sikh religion to the students and faculty. The presentations geared toward schools include bullying as a specific topic, paired with a separate presentation for faculty and staff regarding the issue of why Sikh students are particularly at risk for bullying, including some suggestions for preventing and resolving bullying in schools.

SAP at Work
The number of reported cases of racial profiling discrimination against Sikhs increased drastically post 9/11. Hence, there is a specific need to educate governmental authorities as well as employers about the Sikh religion.

<table align="center" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="" rowspan="2">
</td> <td align="center">
img33.jpg
</td> <td rowspan="2">
</td> </tr><tr> <td align="center">
UNITED SIKHS Team with the Employer’s representatives while conducting a SAP presentation
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
UNITED SIKHS has joined hands with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to reach out to employers and government investigators and sensitize them to the needs of the Sikh work force. UNITED SIKHS is also designing training programs for employers and many organizations so as to help their employees understand the Sikh religion better.

<table align="center" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>How can you help? You can volunteer and learn how to bring SAP into schools, governmental offices, and private companies in your area. UNITED SIKHS is currently looking for volunteers with the ability to talk to children or adults effectively to train as presenters. If you are interesting in volunteering, please email volunteer@unitedsikhs.org or call 1-888-243- 1690.

If you would like UNITED SIKHS to visit your child’s school or your office, please email sap@unitedsikhs.org.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM