• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

inequality in marriage

Aug 23, 2022
Hello all,

I am looking for help as in the next few years I am looking to get married. I would like to know how common is inequality in sikh marriage and how to deal with it?

Firstly, when I talk about inequality; i am talking about a mismatch between the partners. For example, one partner may be highly-educated with a well-respected family and high-paying job whilst the spouse comes from low level of education with low salary and broken family.

So, how would one deal with issues such as these? I have been told that if a potential spouse is not looking past mine or my families flaws and is superficial then it is not a good match? Is it as simple as this?
Thanks

Mike20222022

SPNer
Apr 12, 2022
What do you consider flaws? Do you want to ignore a person that their spouse or spouse’s families are habitual drunkards and make fools of themselves?
Or are you referring to finding true love regardless of socio-economic status?

Aug 23, 2022
What do you consider flaws? Do you want to ignore a person that their spouse or spouse’s families are habitual drunkards and make fools of themselves?
Or are you referring to finding true love regardless of socio-economic status?
No definitely shouldn't ignore a flaw such as alcoholism, but the part about true love regardless of socio-economic status is exactly the point I am trying to make and unfortunately it is still rare in our community.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
Sheikh Freed writes in sggs.What is that word, what is that virtue, and what is that magic mantra. How I decorate myself so that I can entice my husband Lord ||126|| Humility is the word, forgiveness is the virtue, and sweet words are the magic mantra. Make those three disguises O sister, and you will entice your
Husband Lord.. nothing counts above these qualities, whether educated or uneducated. try this if you get caught in misery

Jul 31, 2023
Sar Sri Akal Ji,
I agree with what you posted. If they are superficial then it is not a good match. Sometimes the woman is made miserable in Sikh marriages if the family is like that. Make sure you have a good feeling when you are around both the family and the future husband and you will be okay. If you do not have a good feeling, do not marry him. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: