• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India India Launches Ballistic Missile

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
India launches ballistic missile

India's Agni missiles increase military reach

India has test-fired its intermediate-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile, Agni-II.

The surface-to-surface missile was test-fired off an island in Orissa state in eastern India, officials say.

With a range of more than 2,000km (1,250 miles), the missile can carry a nuclear payload of 1,000kg.

The Agni series are among India's most sophisticated missiles. A long range version was successfully test-fired last year.

The Agni-III missile, tested last year, has a range of more than 3,000km (1,865 miles) and could hit targets as far off as Beijing and Shanghai, analysts say.

The Agni-I has a range of 750km (470 miles).

The Agni (literally "fire" in Hindi and Sanskrit) missile family is believed to be the mainstay of the Indian missile-based strategic nuclear deterrence.

Attachments

• _44632427_agni3a_ap226.jpg
    _44632427_agni3a_ap226.jpg
    14.8 KB · Reads: 265

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
India badly needs missiles that can target entire china .India is way far behind because
China has missiles that can hit Cities Of USA

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
China is unlikely to nuclear target any country in the first instance and neither is India or US.

But what do you do with Pakistan where nuclear warheads are lying around like loose change for anybody to pick up and use? That is where there is real danger. Not for nothing Pakistan is called as the most dangerous place in the world.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
China is unlikely to nuclear target any country in the first instance and neither is India or US.

But what do you do with Pakistan where nuclear warheads are lying around like loose change for anybody to pick up and use? That is where there is real danger. Not for nothing Pakistan is called as the most dangerous place in the world.

Targeting nuclear missiles at each other is a mental game.Russia still have missiles pointed towards USA China too points its missiles towards USA

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
DRDO admits N-capable Agni-II failed night testing
New Delhi: The first-ever night firing of the Agni-II Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) on Monday failed, admitted Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

DRDO is investigating the cause of the failure.

The nuclear capable missile was test-fired on Monday night from the Wheeler Island off Orissa coast.

Agni-II was test-fired from a mobile launcher intended to train the end-user, the Strategic Force Command of the Indian Army, to operate the missile in adverse conditions.

Even though the missile took-off smoothly and reported no glitch in the first stage separation, the missile appeared to have failed to meet the desired results mid-way at the second stage separation, DRDO sources said.

Strategic Forces Command conducted the test with necessary logistic support by various ITR laboratories and DRDO scientists.

The purpose of the test was to validate procedures for night firing.

The indigenous weapon is a two-stage solid propelled ballistic missile and has a weight of 17 tonnes and length of 20 metres. It can carry a payload of one tonne over a distance of 2,000 km.

Agni-II was developed by Advanced Systems Laboratory along with other DRDO laboratories and integrated with Bharat Dynamics Ltd, Hyderabad with the private sector participating in a big way in its production.The missile is part of the Agni series which included Agni-I (700 km range) and Agni-III (3,500 km range). Agni-I was already inducted and Agni-III is in the process of induction, the officials added.

DRDO admits N-capable Agni-II failed night testing

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I think the these nuclear tests will soon be held on the moon. Not a lunatic thought I suppose.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
If any war happens it will happen in Ladakh, Arunanchal and Assam
Things might go sour in Assam, but Laddakh can see a conflict which might start
due to blocking the spice trade. I don't foresee any conflict in Arunachal.:happysingh:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM