• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News In Memory Of A Special Sikh Saint

Sep 20, 2004
THE Gurdwara Sahib Petaling Jaya is holding a barsi (death anniversary) prayers tomorrow from 9am to noon to mark the death of Sikh ‘saint’ Sant Giani Naranjan Singh who died in 1994.

The celebration is being held for the first time in Malaysia and will be an annual affair for the PJ Gurudwara.

About 500 devotees from Penang, Malacca, Seremban and Johor are expected for the event.

“The celebration will also feature two prominent sermon singers (Ragis), Baldev Singh Leo and Mahinder Singh Khalsa,’’ event co-ordinator Jasbir Kaur Dhillon said.

“There will also be free flow of vegetarian food with the recital of holy scriptures from the holy book, Guru Granth Sahib,’’ Jasbir said.

According to Jasbir, Sant Giani Naranjan Singh first came to Malaysia in 1987.
He was on his way for a world peace conference in Canada.

He paid a courtesy call to the country’s first Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman and blessed him.

Sant Giani Naranjan was based in Guru Nanak Ashram, Punjab, India.

He was a man of great learning and humanity.

Thousands from all over the world used to converge to his ashram to listen to his sermons.

sharan

SPNer
Aug 29, 2007
klang,selangor,malaysia
gurfathe ji,
sorry but i beg to defer ...
The sangat of Malaysia have been paying tribute to SANT MAHARAJ JI
every year since HE let go of HIS physical body on 25th MAY....
The BHRAM VIDYA NIKETAN , THE SIKH Nwjn SABHA N THE SANGAT WHO Have immense love n respect for SANT JI , have been remembering him every year since ..
with a minimum of 3 programs in various Gurdwaras in KL alone ..
Sardar Malkit Singh ji ,Jathedar of SABHA , jzz had a Divan in Titiwangsa Gurdwara on the 26th of MAY ...
The BV NIKETAN are organizing one on the 6thof MAY , according to CHARANBIR SINGH .. but still to b reconfirmed becoz thy r in the midst of an AGM .
Memorial progms have and r still been held yearly in IPOH, SERAMBAN n various places were there r sangat who love n respect SANT JI ...
In those days when my husband DR HARCHARANJIT SINGH JI was alive , v used to b privileged to organise AKHAND PARTH SAHIB JI,s in memory of SANT JI....
for any of you dear friends out there who need a little help in understanding the teachings of our great religion please visit www.sikhnation.com
Just a few weeks ago these books were discussed on CANADIAN prime time television
thank you n my deep apologies
founding member BHRAM VIDYA NIKETAM MALAYSIA
sharan

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sharan ji

You have a big contribution to make at SPN and I hope you do that. You can share a lot of information about the Sikhs in Malaysia from the point of view of history, culture, and its people, and tell that story from a personal and very convincing point of view. Your post is much appreciated. Please don't post just this one time and then disappear from the forum. :)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
YES Bhenji Sharan Jio...Bhen Ji aad Ji is RIGHT.
I had the good fortune to have met and interact with the Most dear and Most respected Dr Harcharanjit Singh ji ( btw my home town is also KLANG)....a truly magnificent personality and a perfect GURSIKH. All in His HUKM..Guur Ji took him away from us a bit too early...otherwise maybe..the Brahm Vidya Niketan may have become much stronger..sooner...but as i said its hIS HUKM..
Please remain on SPN and share with us...
Keep in Chardeekalla Ji always...
BTW Santokh Singh ji from Seremban is sharing the Niketan's SGGS classes on line at SPN..we have the Bahgats Thread and the Bhagat kabir Jis sloks Threads based on that....BOTh threads doing very well and much appreciated:yes::up:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: