• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Identity And Survival: Sikh Militancy In India 1978-1993

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

Identity and Survival: Sikh Militancy in India 1978-1993. Pa By Dhillon; Kirpal

(BUY at SPN Store)

Product Description

Excellent reviews, major ne work on Sikhs in Punjab, insurgency, combines personal account and scholarly analysis.

<script type="text/javascript"> function registerNamespace(ns) { var parts = ns.split("."); var root = window; for(var i = 0; i < parts.length; i++) { if(!root[parts]) { root[parts] = new Object(); } root = root[parts]; } } registerNamespace('Associates.Util'); Associates.Util.getElementsByTagAndClass = function(tag, class_name, parent_element) { if(!parent_element){ parent_element = document; } var tags = parent_element.getElementsByTagName(tag); var class_tags = new Array(); var class_regex = new RegExp("\\b" + class_name + "\\b"); for (var i = 0; i < tags.length; i++) { if(tags.className.match(class_regex)) { class_tags.push(tags); } } return class_tags; } Associates.Util.findAncestor = function(child, test) { var test_func; if(typeof test == 'object') { test_func = function(obj){ return obj == test }; } else if (typeof test == 'string') { test_func = function(obj){ return obj.nodeName == test }; } else { test_func = test; } while(child && !test_func(child)) { child = child.parentNode; } return child; } Associates.Util.getSelectedRadio = function(form, radioName) { if (typeof form == 'string') { form = document.forms[form]; } for (var i = 0; i < form[radioName].length; i++) { if (form[radioName].checked) { return form[radioName].value; } } return undefined; } function AttachEventListener(object, event, handler, useCapture) { if( !useCapture ) { useCapture = false; } if( object.addEventListener ) { object.addEventListener(event, handler, useCapture); } else { object.attachEvent('on' + event, handler); } } registerNamespace('Assoc.DOMEvent'); Assoc.DOMEvent.AddHandler = function(object, event, handler, context) { var event_handler; if(context) event_handler = function(event){ handler.call(context, event) }; else event_handler = handler; AttachEventListener(object, event, event_handler); } function GetEventTarget(event) { return (event.target)? event.target : event.srcElement; } //borrowed from quirksmode. Stops event bubbling. function StopEventPropagation(event) { if(!event) { event = window.event; } //MSIE event.cancelBubble = true; //w3c if(event.stopPropagation) { event.stopPropagation(); } } function StopEventDefault(event) { if(!event) { event = window.event; } //MSIE event.returnValue = false; //w3c if(event.preventDefault) { event.preventDefault() }; } //does both StopEventPropogation and StopEventDefault function StopEvent(event) { StopEventDefault(event); StopEventPropagation(event); } function mouseOverFromElement(event) { return (event.relatedTarget)? event.relatedTarget : event.fromTarget; } function mouseOutToElement(event) { return (event.relatedTarget)? event.relatedTarget : event.toTarget; } var wImages; var link = document.getElementById('imageViewerLink'); function openImageViewer(event) { if (wImages == null || wImages.closed) { wImages = window.open(link.href, 'ImageView', 'width=625,height=700,scrollbars,resizable'); } else { wImages.location = link.href; } wImages.focus(); return false; } AttachEventListener(link, 'click', openImageViewer); </script> <hr> Product Details

• Amazon Sales Rank: #1712629 in Books
  • Published on: 2006-04-04
  • Released on: 2006-04-04
  • Original language: English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Binding: Paperback
  • 394 pages

Customer Reviews

Could have been better
star20_tpng.png

Author Kirpal Dhillon maintains the proper momentum till he talks about the history of Sikhs and the events that lead to Operation Blue Star. But the book fails to add any factual details about the events that followed Blue Star. There are so many angles in the Sikh Militancy that could have been talked about in detail. All events of great importance are just mentioned at a high level. Most of the pages are dedicated towards "lectures" with hardly any emphasis on facts. But the book does give a good description about the history of Sikh religion.http://astore.amazon.com/all-gadgets-20/detail/014310036X

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Indra Dhillon ji

Two of your posts are now offensive. You are officially warned. Please go back and read terms of service. Thank you (aad0002)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Indira Dhillon hasnt brought anything of value to SPN..just odour of something rotten..is it just me and my sensitive nose or what ?? Sad because I am Dhillon too....and Dhillons go a long way back....still IF..as the Punajbi saying..bhulla na janneah jekar shamman nu ghar a jayeh...Hes not regarded as "lost" if he returns by nightfall....perhaps Aad jis timely but friendly reminder will do its magic...
SPN is a garden of various frangrances and exotic flowers....but once in a while something rotten does fall from the sky...sigh...sigh...with our target of sawa lakh..we may be seeing more such stuff ?? Guur Ji Kirpa Karan...:welcome:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

Indra Dhillon is using the screen name Indra Dhillon -- How do we know he/she is a Dhillon? This could be a teenager or someone in late teens early twenties who thinks this is cool to do. :cool:

There are people who surf from forum to forum posting offensive material for the sole purpose of stirring up emotions. They jump from thread to thread like a stink beetle in the first days of spring. I don't know if there are stink-beetles in Malaysia -- maybe just here in NA.

I cannot find the moderation menu for this thread -- or the post would be gone by now. When we changed the software platform some features got lost and we are still catching up. Aman will take care of it. :thumbup:

P/S As I thought -- Aman ji informs me that this was someone in the age group I described with a multiple identity and a taste for panga.

Indira Dhillon hasnt brought anything of value to SPN..just odour of something rotten..is it just me and my sensitive nose or what ?? Sad because I am Dhillon too....and Dhillons go a long way back....still IF..as the Punajbi saying..bhulla na janneah jekar shamman nu ghar a jayeh...Hes not regarded as "lost" if he returns by nightfall....perhaps Aad jis timely but friendly reminder will do its magic...
SPN is a garden of various frangrances and exotic flowers....but once in a while something rotten does fall from the sky...sigh...sigh...with our target of sawa lakh..we may be seeing more such stuff ?? Guur Ji Kirpa Karan...:welcome:

Mar 26, 2006
Hindus and Sikhs have the concept of Dharam Yudh . This concept however is no where near a Crusade or Jihad. The muslims and christians could launch a crusade/jihad in a offensive way. However Dharam Yudh is purely for defense. Defense of Dharam and people.

Crusades and Jihad was launched to spread their religious beliefs also and innocent people were massacred. Dharam Yudh cannot be launched for such purposes.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf Karni

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM