• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ice Cream Is Good For Soul

Nov 19, 2004

IceCream.gif

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good. God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if mom Gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!" [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice-cream! Why, I never!"[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?" As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer." "Really?" my son asked. "Cross my heart." Then in a theatrical whisper he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the rest of my life. He picked up his sundae and without a word walked over and placed it in front of the woman. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes, and my soul is good already." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Did this story touch you? Send it to everyone you know![/FONT]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: