• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Got My Patka! (pics)

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
PB072082.jpg

the patk is a bit small and i have had some issues tying it, but here is a pic.. first day. might be able to post a pic once every week to shoe you how i am progressing, if anyone is interested..

Thank You all for the info, encouragement, and help, especially to Arvind-ji & Aad-ji!

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Good going friend !!

Try 'Dastar' after you start feeling comfortable...it will compliment your personality more !!
I have double patti dastaar thanks to the kind donation of Arvind-ji and waheguru di kirpa hai.

i'm having trouble tying it so i will wait a few more years and ask someone at Gurdwara to help, if they have time, or take a "turban tying ceremony", etc.

Apr 4, 2007
also check out the videos on sikhnet: How to Tie a Turban (Sikh/Sikhism Styles). this is how i learned to tie my dastaar. :) it just takes a little practice, you should be doing great in no time.

also, if you want to try different lenghths and styles you can buy turban fabric at any fabric store in the US, it's called "cotton voile". experiment and practice until you find your perfect fit! :)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Hai Rabba, enna sohna munda,
Mein varri java, mein sadkey java.
Dhan teri sikhi, dhan teri kamaye.

Congrats to you, Sherab.
Waheguru is great.

Santokh

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Kelly_Kaur, thank you very much for the advice!

Arvind-ji, once my kesh gets longer, why not. in the pic of day two i posted, i have ur kanga in my joora, many thanks!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM