• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Got My Patka! (pics)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mai ji

I don't know. Sherab has not been on the threads here at SPN for a long time, maybe a year. Let's hope that he has and will return soon enough to let us know.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JoeyClarke ji is alive and well and engaged to be married. He has moved to Belize. correction made. All evidence is that he is situated in a happy and wholesome space in life. I do not believe that he has given up on Sikhism. He still communicates with me on that level with gusto. But he is not keeping kesh by looking at his pictures. But them I could be wrong.

JoeyClarke is writing frequently on facebook. That is where I caught up with him. Before he joined SPN we had been friends on the social network Universal Mind where periodically he still does post.

Great to have the good fortune to be able to contemplate such good people in the past, present and with His blessing the future.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
My bad. He is also my facebook friend and also on my Gmail chatlist. I have kind of lost touch, though.

I have been busy and ...I know, my bad.

Last I heard from him, he was having trouble with both kesh and tobacco. I hope he hasn't given up. He's good people and an interesting guy.

Hey, Joey!!!!!!!!!

:rofl!!:

:ice:

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
wjkk - wjkf!

No i'm not completely off the map... it means so much that you still remember me. No, i'm not keeping kesh, but i still pray the way i've been learning. I have been thru some changes... in Belize, and will be married next wednesday to someone i've known for 20-odd years... with whom i reconnected on facebook! exciting times! I will be a better communicator.

God's love

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Joey! Delighted to hear from you. I see your green ball now and then in my G-chat list. You are definitely an unforgettable character!

Congratulations on getting married. My love to your bride. If I had a few (thousand) extra bucks I'd hop on me Lear jet and get myself to Belize. Alas!

As for keeping kesh, I would encourage you to do it if that is where you are on your path. I keep mine because my Guru asked me to. Or rather told me to. And I said, "Yes." That is where I am. Only Joey Clarke knows where Joey Clarke is.

I will always have a sisterly affection for you wherever life takes you.

Chardi kala, brother!

:ice:

Mai

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Congratulations Joey ji! :happy::happy::happy: But also thank you for staying in touch. I was wrong about Panama, but Belize is close enough. Made the correction. :rofl!!: It is wonderful that you have posted here after so long. Do not continue as a stranger. So many people remember you with great affection.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ok, if you can twist your hair into a juda, then you don't need a rubber band, can't do much about the shape, but Kesh is not what shape your juda is, as long as its a juda. If you have achieved Juda-ism (not Judaism), (I know its just semantics), then your there.

I am afraid I cannot assist you with the look as such, but its still Juda, be proud of it!

Jul 8, 2013
Seattle, WA
ok, if you can twist your hair into a juda, then you don't need a rubber band, can't do much about the shape, but Kesh is not what shape your juda is, as long as its a juda. If you have achieved Juda-ism (not Judaism), (I know its just semantics), then your there.

I am afraid I cannot assist you with the look as such, but its still Juda, be proud of it!

well after i twist my hair and put into juda, it instantly falls apart.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sometimes you need something to hold your joora together; sometimes you don't

Do not use a rubber band as they cause your hair to split and break, and over time the pull on your scalp causes baldness.

If you need something to hold your joora together:

Get a fabric wrapped/elastic coated hair tie to be found at any all purpose drug store/chemist or department store. They come in different diameters to adapt to the thickness of your hair. See the picture. That is what they look like.

Never pull your joora so tight you can feel your scalp pull ... that is why you hear so many people complain of a constantly sore scalp.

This video takes you through the sequence without a hair tie, but the young Singh has hair that is long enough that it holds together.

How to arrange hair(kes) for Tying Turban- HD 2012 Sukhvir Singh - YouTube

If your hair is long (may be very thick or heavy) and your joora still falls apart after you wind it up, use some inexpensive hair gel so that the strands will hold together.

Attachments

• hair tie.png
    hair tie.png
    116 KB · Reads: 428
Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
If your hair is long (may be very thick or heavy) and your joora still falls apart after you wind it up, use some inexpensive hair gel so that the strands will hold together.

Or use several, the ones shown in the picture. My son uses the first one to put all his hair together before even making a joora. Use one at the end after twisting your hair and use 4 or 5 to keep it all together. Trimaan's hair is below his knees and quite thick.

Gel is only a good idea if you wash your hair daily.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM