• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Dont Know, Ur Opinion Needed!

simranjit1

SPNer
Apr 5, 2006
Jalandhar,Punjab
Here in my locality... On e amritdhari sikh cut down his hair....I was wondering to know that under what circumstances is it right for a sikh/amritdhari sikh to cut his/her hair?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Re: i dont kNow ,, ur opinion needed...!!!

Gurfateh

If an Amritdhari cuts his here then he/she is Patit of apostate.That person is also refred to sirgum and as per sgpce code we are told to not to stay with such person.

Das can say that if possible we can let him have rebaptised or at least he should be motivated to be converted to other faith and we can respect him/her as God is in him/her but we can NOT consider that person Sikh at all.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

If an Amritdhari cuts his here then he/she is Patit of apostate.That person is also refred to sirgum and as per sgpce code we are told to not to stay with such person.

Das can say that if possible we can let him have rebaptised or at least he should be motivated to be converted to other faith and we can respect him/her as God is in him/her but we can NOT consider that person Sikh at all.

what if he has taken amrit under the pressure from the parents and was never interested in amrit

Gurmeet kaur

SPNer
Oct 17, 2005

True many times children under pressure from parents become amritdaari but later dont follow it n become patit. Well have no idea , the world for our kids is becoming too insecure, now age kids think that what they do is right, n feel parents try to obstruct their privacy or their thinking n thus more n more of our children r going ahead cutting their beards or hair
It is very sad to see this, but is there a way out? pls comment.

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth

is there a way out? pls comment.[/quote said:
yes there is a way out. mutual respect must be developed.

once sikhi is presented in a truly unique and free manner - true to its principles rather than customary rituals, punjabi culture saving self from views of society.

when we portary sikhi in it's true light the youth will naturally guided to what is right (they are actually very clever and good)

if what is right and true is mixed with tradion and customs - this is wrong and the youth will pick the faults very clearly and easily.

we must address this raise our game - put things in context. others we can't blame them for losing their religion - the religon is already lost.
case of the blind leading the blind.

bul chukk maaf

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
simranjit said:
Here in my locality... On e amritdhari sikh cut down his hair....I was wondering to know that under what circumstances is it right for a sikh/amritdhari sikh to cut his/her hair?

well if you get in a accident and there needs to be operation, there could be a possibilty that your hair will be cut - guru ji understands this, but other times than that it looked down upon.

simranjit1

SPNer
Apr 5, 2006
Jalandhar,Punjab
Thanks to all ... For your valuable thoughts n clearing my mind.. actually the person got injury on his head.. thats why he need to cut down his hair... I think as soon as he recover ..he will again come to guru ji 's corridor...
Once again Thanks to all

~~Sat Sri Akal~~

Nov 19, 2004
simranjit said:

Medical circumstances makes totally different situation for an Amritdhari Sikh. Person is not cutting heir for vanity or for convenience. Khalsa has SwaRoop, sikhi is also in the heart. Belief comes from inside, outside appearance supports it. Lot of medications has narcotics and alcohol in it. We do not think twice about it.
Body is gift and abode of Waheguru we need to preserve it. What about surgery? Does one become patit after surgery and they are not Sikhs anymore?

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
Humble_Gursevak said:
Medical circumstances makes totally different situation for an Amritdhari Sikh. Person is not cutting heir for vanity or for convenience. Khalsa has SwaRoop, sikhi is also in the heart. Belief comes from inside, outside appearance supports it. Lot of medications has narcotics and alcohol in it. We do not think twice about it.
Body is gift and abode of Waheguru we need to preserve it. What about surgery? Does one become patit after surgery and they are not Sikhs anymore?

Thanks for pointing that out Gursevak, now that was now the proper answer, here's another situation.

Amrit dhari's cutting other singhs/kuars hair, example: a amritdhari owned hair salon.

I've heard of this before, any opinions????

Nov 19, 2004
Amrit dhari's cutting other singhs/kuars hair, example: a amritdhari owned hair salon.

I've heard of this before, any opinions????

Dear Bindy Bains ji this must be a totally financial decision of an Amritdhari Sikh. To tell you the truth I have never come across any Amritdhari Sikh who owns a Salon. I will call some of my friends from punjab and find out about it and let you know. I attended a beauty School I had hard time cutting hair so I had dropped it.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Dear KDS Ji,

Das worte this thing in past(while arguing with DS ji) also that if child undergoes baptism but finds it unsuited when grow up and cuts his hair ,he may not be patit as He never became Amritdhari due to lack of knowldge of faith in little age.

Das only put one view but needs more commetns from experts.

simranjit1

SPNer
Apr 5, 2006
Jalandhar,Punjab
Vijaydeep Singh ji ,Sat Sri Akal,

I think U r 100% right , we must follow Sikhism from our inner soul... Our body doesnt play any important role...

At this time I am Viewing Our Guru ji's Picture ,Guru Nanak Dev Ji, At the bottom of HIS picture there is very famous quote written....

Gali assi Changiyan,aachariyan Buraaha
Manna Kaasdha Kalliyan, bahr chitwah

what I got from this Quote is :- Its our character not the body through which we can attach with Guru ji's feet

( I am just 21 ..Dont have much knowledge....also not very much Good in translation,, If I had missed something plz correct me... te bul chuk mafh karni )

Sat Sri Akal

Gurmeet kaur

SPNer
Oct 17, 2005

21khalsa13 said:
yes there is a way out. mutual respect must be developed.

once sikhi is presented in a truly unique and free manner - true to its principles rather than customary rituals, punjabi culture saving self from views of society.

when we portary sikhi in it's true light the youth will naturally guided to what is right (they are actually very clever and good)

if what is right and true is mixed with tradion and customs - this is wrong and the youth will pick the faults very clearly and easily.

we must address this raise our game - put things in context. others we can't blame them for losing their religion - the religon is already lost.
case of the blind leading the blind.

bul chukk maaf

Thankyou very much but if I try to argue about this topic with my kids or kids around me they dont seem to understand , or maybe my way of explaining may be wrong . But I know with the oyur giudance I will get through. I am glad I joined SPN. Thankyou once again.

RavirajSingh

SPNer
Apr 11, 2006
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa! Wahguru Jee Kee Fateh!

In my opinion when it comes to for example surgery (where your life is at stake) and it is necessary to remove some parts of hair I think it is plausible to remove your hair. You will be given the chance to live longer and do more naam jap. However, it is not something that should be taken lightly. As an amritdhari sikh or just sikh you should not cut your hair. It is Guru Ji''s gift and it is not yours to alter. If a child is forced to take amrit and does not want to or does not understand it but yet they want to call themselves a Sikh and learn the guru's ways one must still keep their or make it a goal to keep their hair. However, if they wish not be a Sikh at all then they can cut their hair as they do not want to follows the guru's path. In a situation where you are forced to cut your hair I would say put your life before you Sikhi. This is what the many many shaheeds of this great religion did.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: