• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Am Scared Of The Future

Jasdeep118

Writer
SPNer
Dec 4, 2015
I don't know, if its Summer time and I don't have nothing to do, but I am seriously scared of the future. I always hear on the news about the future and how climate change is going to change the planet or how technology is going to change mankind, or how most cultures will die. It scares me man, and sometimes it just makes me afraid of living in a futuristic society, I was born in the early 2000's and I just hear a lot of negative things about the future such as Punjab losing its culture and Sikhi, or they are going to run out of water and such. Its just scary and I don't know how to overcome it. Also with the rise of technology it also scares me such as AI and Robots, it scares me too. I don't know what to do at all, and I just wished I was born a couple decades earlier so I won't have to face the future.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I don't know, if its Summer time and I don't have nothing to do, but I am seriously scared of the future. I always hear on the news about the future and how climate change is going to change the planet or how technology is going to change mankind, or how most cultures will die. It scares me man, and sometimes it just makes me afraid of living in a futuristic society, I was born in the early 2000's and I just hear a lot of negative things about the future such as Punjab losing its culture and Sikhi, or they are going to run out of water and such. Its just scary and I don't know how to overcome it. Also with the rise of technology it also scares me such as AI and Robots, it scares me too. I don't know what to do at all, and I just wished I was born a couple decades earlier so I won't have to face the future.

Don't be scared, being scared is very unhealthy, but then I guess if you love things, then you fear those things being taken away from you, life is an adventure my friend, like when you were young, and you had long summer days to go exploring and find new things to do and find new things to give you that feeling of excitement in your stomach, your young, you should be looking for adventure and for challenges, {censored} the future, what people keep saying is going to happen, rarely happens, the trouble is we are surrounded by people of doom and gloom, go back 300 years when Sikh heads were carried on spikes by Muslims to swap for cash, or when Sikh babies were massacred in thousands, go back 34 years to 1984 when thousands and thousands of Sikhs were murdered and raped, go back to both world wars, to a time when you could not travel or communicate as we do now, or even back to the age of T Rex, when you could not even go down to the river without someone trying to eat you, life has always been dangerous, always been hard, but has also always been exciting and has always had potential, I will give you my usefull meditation tool to combat this, next time you feel scared or uneasy, find a quiet spot, sit down, cross your legs, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then, as loudly as you can, shout out '{censored} em' you can improvise on this too, '{censored} em all' '{censored} all of them' or even '{censored} the {censored} {censored}ing {censored} {censored} {censored}'

then, stand up, and go and live.

Jasdeep118

Writer
SPNer
Dec 4, 2015
Don't be scared, being scared is very unhealthy, but then I guess if you love things, then you fear those things being taken away from you, life is an adventure my friend, like when you were young, and you had long summer days to go exploring and find new things to do and find new things to give you that feeling of excitement in your stomach, your young, you should be looking for adventure and for challenges, {censored} the future, what people keep saying is going to happen, rarely happens, the trouble is we are surrounded by people of doom and gloom, go back 300 years when Sikh heads were carried on spikes by Muslims to swap for cash, or when Sikh babies were massacred in thousands, go back 34 years to 1984 when thousands and thousands of Sikhs were murdered and raped, go back to both world wars, to a time when you could not travel or communicate as we do now, or even back to the age of T Rex, when you could not even go down to the river without someone trying to eat you, life has always been dangerous, always been hard, but has also always been exciting and has always had potential, I will give you my usefull meditation tool to combat this, next time you feel scared or uneasy, find a quiet spot, sit down, cross your legs, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then, as loudly as you can, shout out '{censored} em' you can improvise on this too, '{censored} em all' '{censored} all of them' or even '{censored} the {censored} {censored}ing {censored} {censored} {censored}'

then, stand up, and go and live.
You are right, but I just missed the cultural past and such you know. I know technology has advanced, but so what? I understand that us Sikhs suffered pogroms from the Afghan Durranis, Muguals, the British trying to destroy Sikhi, but I just I remember that Sikhism was united. That during the Khalsa Ji days there was no caste and it was united, and I might be some kid who is suffering nostalgia and is afraid of the future, but I just wished I had a chance to live in the times were Sikhi was at its prime. Where Sikhism wasn't about greed or ego and everyone wasn't living in their own maya. Every Gurdwara is a bunch of greedy committee members who forgotten the Guru's teachings about Ego and Greed and are living in their own Maya, and steal the donations of our fellow hard earned Sikhs. Even the Hazoori Ragi's now care about paycheck going to Gurdwara to Gurdwara getting money as a band of barbarians trying to get mercenary work. Before the Ragis cared about filling the Darbar sahib with music, the Punjabi music in the past was about ancient poems and old sufi saints now its about songs about caste, degrading women and promotion of drugs and alcohol. I missed the old Sikhism, and I know that its a better place, but at what cost? Everyone is now living in their Maya with their technology, money and greed. I see so many of our fellow apne giving technology to their young children in order to shut them up. Harry Ji, you were luckier than me as a child. You lived around the 70' and 80's in the UK where Sikhi was at it's prime. Everyone was much happier and jolly enjoying their time at Southall, wearing their Kenyan style Paghs. Where everyone was united and working together as a society follow Guru Ji's words, but now we are living in fear with these damn priests scaring us. Guru Ji never taught us to follow the Mullah's, Granthis, Priests, and such they told us to fellow the soul and find the truth ourselves. Even Guru Nanak said he was a simple servant of God and listened to all of these priests, but realised that we can understand God through our knowledge by us. I understand my mother even told me that this was better, but at what cost. Honestly, I am just a confused poor soul who doesn't know what to do. Hell, due to my human nature of being flawed I am a hypocrite myself. I am living in my own Maya, trying to stay in the past. I am living in my own moh (attachment) and making my life even more sufferable. I honestly don't know what to do Harry Ji. You have more knowledge and wisdom then a young chap like me.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
You are right, but I just missed the cultural past and such you know. I know technology has advanced, but so what? I understand that us Sikhs suffered pogroms from the Afghan Durranis, Muguals, the British trying to destroy Sikhi, but I just I remember that Sikhism was united.
Sikhism has never been united, we have been selling each other out from day dot, the Sikh empire collapsed because of our lack of being united, we did not get our own homeland because Sikhism was not united, the rule of Banda Singh Bahadur was shortlived because we were not united, if anything we are more united today, because people like you are asking questions, and demanding answers.

That during the Khalsa Ji days there was no caste and it was united, and I might be some kid who is suffering nostalgia and is afraid of the future, but I just wished I had a chance to live in the times were Sikhi was at its prime.
Sikhism is in its prime right now, at this very moment, and its all down to questions, the time that you cherish was a time when there were no questions, people just took whatever the whitebeards said and accepted it, without fail, without question, for to do anything else showed a lack of respect, but now, we question the whitbeards, we ask them to explain their stories and their sakhis, more and more people are asking questions and demanding answers that make sense, that add up, it is actually a golden time for Sikhism.

Every Gurdwara is a bunch of greedy committee members who forgotten the Guru's teachings about Ego and Greed and are living in their own Maya, and steal the donations of our fellow hard earned Sikhs.

yes to varying degrees, but that is human nature for you, and its always been like that, right back to the day dot, right back to when the masands were doing exactly the same thing.

Even the Hazoori Ragi's now care about paycheck going to Gurdwara to Gurdwara getting money as a band of barbarians trying to get mercenary work.
just as its always been

Harry Ji, you were luckier than me as a child.
not really, as well as being different in my mind, I was different in my look too, so I spent most of my childhood in solitude, I just could not understand other people, and that never really changed as I got older, and now I spend most of my adult life in solitude too, you are the lucky one, you have your whole life ahead of you, you can do with it, whatever you wish, be whoever you want.

You lived around the 70' and 80's in the UK where Sikhi was at it's prime.
as I said, it was not in its prime at all, it was in its infancy, it was closed, it was difficult to understand.

Everyone was much happier and jolly enjoying their time at Southall, wearing their Kenyan style Paghs.
yes, I remember watching the video of them all at Southall Gurdwara in the carpark doing Bhangra when Ghandhi was killed, we were a happy jolly lot.

Where everyone was united and working together as a society follow Guru Ji's words

we maybe moving towards that now, but that was never the case then, the only difference is, then you did not know, now you do. I would rather know than not know.

but now we are living in fear with these damn priests scaring us.
well they don't scare me, they amuse me, they make me laugh, what is there to be in fear of?

Guru Ji never taught us to follow the Mullah's, Granthis, Priests, and such they told us to fellow the soul and find the truth ourselves.

then do that, follow the advice of the Guru!

Even Guru Nanak said he was a simple servant of God and listened to all of these priests, but realised that we can understand God through our knowledge by us. I understand my mother even told me that this was better, but at what cost.

at what cost, well, as my various scars and mental ticks will prove, at huge cost, but to live intensely is to really live, it depends whether you wish to be another zombie, another animal dressed in ridiculous finery, or a man, if you wish to live as a man, yes, there will be costs, and they will have to be paid, but at least you will be free.

Honestly, I am just a confused poor soul who doesn't know what to do.
yeah, join the club, so am I, so just do the best you can, follow your gut, listen to your heart, and then tomorrow, try again, but use what today taught you,

Hell, due to my human nature of being flawed I am a hypocrite myself. I am living in my own Maya, trying to stay in the past.

such beautiful words in a world where everyone thinks they are perfect and unflawed, we are all hypocrites, its just that most find it hard to admit, as for the past, I have a brain full of ghosts from the past, I don't stay there, but I visit often

I am living in my own moh (attachment) and making my life even more sufferable

just before she died, the administrator of this site, whom I loved and had a lot of time for, wrote to me, she simply said, 'Harry, if you wish to live life with your left hand tied to your left leg, that is your choice and your decision, but I hope one day you untie yourself, its a lot easier to live untied.

and now, time for a song, listen to the words, and watch the screenplay, this is how I perceive life and society, brilliant video.

I honestly don't know what to do Harry Ji. You have more knowledge and wisdom then a young chap like me.

no, I have suffered more than a young chap like you, I am not wise, and my knowledge is limited, all I have is a thousand scars that make me understand why not to do, or do certain things, I am no better than a lab rat, trained using pain and pleasure, you could skip all that and just use your brain, don't worry about knowing what to do, just live, please, just go out there, out of the door, and live, and smile, and laugh, because really, its just a big joke a big bad joke that you cannot take too seriously, you must learn to laugh at it, and not worry about it, because whats the worst that could happen?

Jasdeep118

Writer
SPNer
Dec 4, 2015
Sikhism has never been united, we have been selling each other out from day dot, the Sikh empire collapsed because of our lack of being united, we did not get our own homeland because Sikhism was not united, the rule of Banda Singh Bahadur was shortlived because we were not united, if anything we are more united today, because people like you are asking questions, and demanding answers.

Sikhism is in its prime right now, at this very moment, and its all down to questions, the time that you cherish was a time when there were no questions, people just took whatever the whitebeards said and accepted it, without fail, without question, for to do anything else showed a lack of respect, but now, we question the whitbeards, we ask them to explain their stories and their sakhis, more and more people are asking questions and demanding answers that make sense, that add up, it is actually a golden time for Sikhism.

yes to varying degrees, but that is human nature for you, and its always been like that, right back to the day dot, right back to when the masands were doing exactly the same thing.

just as its always been

not really, as well as being different in my mind, I was different in my look too, so I spent most of my childhood in solitude, I just could not understand other people, and that never really changed as I got older, and now I spend most of my adult life in solitude too, you are the lucky one, you have your whole life ahead of you, you can do with it, whatever you wish, be whoever you want.

as I said, it was not in its prime at all, it was in its infancy, it was closed, it was difficult to understand.

yes, I remember watching the video of them all at Southall Gurdwara in the carpark doing Bhangra when Ghandhi was killed, we were a happy jolly lot.

we maybe moving towards that now, but that was never the case then, the only difference is, then you did not know, now you do. I would rather know than not know.

well they don't scare me, they amuse me, they make me laugh, what is there to be in fear of?

then do that, follow the advice of the Guru!

at what cost, well, as my various scars and mental ticks will prove, at huge cost, but to live intensely is to really live, it depends whether you wish to be another zombie, another animal dressed in ridiculous finery, or a man, if you wish to live as a man, yes, there will be costs, and they will have to be paid, but at least you will be free.

yeah, join the club, so am I, so just do the best you can, follow your gut, listen to your heart, and then tomorrow, try again, but use what today taught you,

such beautiful words in a world where everyone thinks they are perfect and unflawed, we are all hypocrites, its just that most find it hard to admit, as for the past, I have a brain full of ghosts from the past, I don't stay there, but I visit often

just before she died, the administrator of this site, whom I loved and had a lot of time for, wrote to me, she simply said, 'Harry, if you wish to live life with your left hand tied to your left leg, that is your choice and your decision, but I hope one day you untie yourself, its a lot easier to live untied.

and now, time for a song, listen to the words, and watch the screenplay, this is how I perceive life and society, brilliant video.

no, I have suffered more than a young chap like you, I am not wise, and my knowledge is limited, all I have is a thousand scars that make me understand why not to do, or do certain things, I am no better than a lab rat, trained using pain and pleasure, you could skip all that and just use your brain, don't worry about knowing what to do, just live, please, just go out there, out of the door, and live, and smile, and laugh, because really, its just a big joke a big bad joke that you cannot take too seriously, you must learn to laugh at it, and not worry about it, because whats the worst that could happen?

Thank you Harry Ji for the advice, God Bless You

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
God is busy headbanging to Metallica with me at the moment, but I will ask him to do so as soon as the song finishes

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016

Live and enjoy your life with faith in Truth.

God created the entire universe and every being in it. He IS the universe, when u remember, Him, you have nothing and noone to fear because everything and everyone runs according to His will, to the power of Truth.

Without Truth/Him, the whole khel would shut down. He runs it. So don't be afraid. Speak to him, recognise Him staring you in the face.

Discover peace in your heart and mind, focus on your own life, your own spirituality and get to a point where you can go out and serve others if you want to.

Take whatever work he's given you to do whether its your studies or a job seriously, do well for yourself, meditate and be happy with what he's given you, everyones living according to their own karma. If you feel as if things are going sour in your community etc, then get to a point where you're able to do something about it. But get yourself right and your fears in check first. First lessons are

- don't lie (not even white lies)

- Nirboah and Nirvair....Fear nothing and noone because it's All Him. Love and Recognise Him as and in everyone, everything, every event. Everythings perfect and as He's willed it.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
next time you feel scared or uneasy, find a quiet spot, sit down, cross your legs, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then, as loudly as you can, shout out '{censored} em' you can improvise on this too, '{censored} em all' '{censored} all of them' or even '{censored} the {censored} {censored}ing {censored} {censored} {censored}'

Saying {censored} has been shown to reduce pain, so you're onto something here! lol
{censored} it all!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Saying {censored} has been shown to reduce pain, so you're onto something here! lol
{censored} it all!

and saying 'no' sometimes stops the pain from even being present, but then saying no can be quite hard, I find that people that are averse to swearing are quite good at saying no!

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Have you watched the movie Interstellar? That is as bleak as it gets. Maybe i will make my children astronauts.

At one point in time, sun will give up, engulf earth, blaze out and die.

Honi nu hunn kaun taal sakda ae

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM