• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Am A Pig!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
For all the talk of wolves, dolphins and elephants, quite simply, I am a pig!

How would I define a pig? A pig is someone who has an agenda, khalsa have no agenda, khalsa help, assist, encourage, nurture. Pigs help, if there is something in it for themselves, assist, provided a record is kept, and the assistance returned, encourage, provided the path of encouragement is relevent to them, and nurture, only of the end result is of advantage.

Khalsa give themselves freely, without expectation, without keeping a record, without doing detailed analysis about whether incoming deeds are balancing outgoing deeds, Khalsa are reliable, strong, focused on the truth.

I am a pig, but I guess that has to be better than a pig that thinks he is Khalsa.

Do I want to be a pig all my life? no, I do not, I want to be Khalsa, to be true, its hard, I fall, and I fall hard, its easier to roll around in the mud, to get a taste for eating poo, to be nothing more than the most base, than it is to be true, really true, it is when the aspiration for truth vanishes, and the acceptance of piggery becomes ingrained that you then lose all hope, all optimism,

all animals are equal but some are more equal than others

all people deserve empathy, love and assistance, but only when it suits me, and I get something out of it.

A. Pig

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Actually pigs are as smart as dogs, can be house-trained, smile a lot, and have a sense of humor. They are also loyal. I am certain they can be helpful if taught specific skills. They just aren't as cute as dogs. They do have a temper.

Now a problematic animal is a goat! They make for good company but have many unmet needs. They bite.

If I wanted to discuss philosophy, I would choose a goat. If I wanted to snack and watch a sunset in a park, I would choose a pig. If I needed a land, air or water rescue I would choose a Khalsa, and then we could have a snack and talk philosophy. It is always a good thing to have options.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Smart Pigs...think i read that somewhere too...

Don't underestimate yourself Harry Ji
orangeturban.png

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM