• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Probably very minuscule of the total creator that is resides in all of us. Maybe just enough that we can recognize consonance in creation and live accordingly. So why is there the following saying,
“To find God/Creator you got to see inside of yourself first.”

Does it make sense? I want to find the big God/creator and not little parts and I want to merge in that big God/creator!

Let us look at it practically. If one is not wise enough, makes enough of an effort in wise ways to see what creator has embedded in one, fat chance of understanding or discovering anything bigger. So there lies the reason to look inside so you may understand the creation and the creator that abounds around you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PDoEqR9VsMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rPxkwBzfMxk

By the way, creator’s part in us is the same irrespective of our belief as Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Jews, Atheist, etc. The benevolent creator has plenty to share and does not need to skimp on some or over encumber the whole process.

What you think?

Any comments!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
He is the whole and He is all of its parts. As the ocean of water He contains all the bubbles and all the foam. Ang 102

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
माझ महला ५ ॥
Mājẖ mėhlā 5.
Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

ਤੂੰ ਪੇਡੁ ਸਾਖ ਤੇਰੀ ਫੂਲੀ ॥
तूं पेडु साख तेरी फूली ॥
Ŧūʼn ped sākẖ ṯerī fūlī.
You are the tree; Your branches have blossomed forth.

ਤੂੰ ਸੂਖਮੁ ਹੋਆ ਅਸਥੂਲੀ ॥
तूं सूखमु होआ असथूली ॥
Ŧūʼn sūkẖam ho▫ā asthūlī.
From the very small and subtle, You have become huge and manifest.

ਤੂੰ ਜਲਨਿਧਿ ਤੂੰ ਫੇਨੁ ਬੁਦਬੁਦਾ ਤੁਧੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਭਾਲੀਐ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
तूं जलनिधि तूं फेनु बुदबुदा तुधु बिनु अवरु न भालीऐ जीउ ॥१॥
Ŧūʼn jalniḏẖ ṯūʼn fen buḏbuḏā ṯuḏẖ bin avar na bẖālī▫ai jī▫o. ||1||
You are the Ocean of Water, and You are the foam and the bubbles on its surface. I cannot see any other except You, Lord. ||1||

ਤੂੰ ਸੂਤੁ ਮਣੀਏ ਭੀ ਤੂੰਹੈ ॥
तूं सूतु मणीए भी तूंहै ॥
Ŧūʼn sūṯ maṇī▫e bẖī ṯūʼnhai.
You are the thread, and You are also the beads.

ਤੂੰ ਗੰਠੀ ਮੇਰੁ ਸਿਰਿ ਤੂੰਹੈ ॥
तूं गंठी मेरु सिरि तूंहै ॥
Ŧūʼn ganṯẖī mer sir ṯūʼnhai.
You are the knot, and You are the primary bead of the maalaa.

ਆਦਿ ਮਧਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ਦਿਖਾਲੀਐ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
आदि मधि अंति प्रभु सोई अवरु न कोइ दिखालीऐ जीउ ॥२॥
Āḏ maḏẖ anṯ parabẖ so▫ī avar na ko▫e ḏikẖālī▫ai jī▫o. ||2||
In the beginning, in the middle and in the end, there is God. I cannot see any other except You, Lord. ||2||

ਤੂੰ ਨਿਰਗੁਣੁ ਸਰਗੁਣੁ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ॥
तूं निरगुणु सरगुणु सुखदाता ॥
Ŧūʼn nirguṇ sarguṇ sukẖ▫ḏāṯa.
You transcend all qualities, and You possess the supreme qualities. You are the Giver of peace.

ਤੂੰ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੁ ਰਸੀਆ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥
तूं निरबाणु रसीआ रंगि राता ॥
Ŧūʼn nirbāṇ rasī▫ā rang rāṯā.
You are detached in Nirvaanaa, and You are the Enjoyer, imbued with love.

ਅਪਣੇ ਕਰਤਬ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਆਪੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਮਾਲੀਐ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
अपणे करतब आपे जाणहि आपे तुधु समालीऐ जीउ ॥३॥
Apṇe karṯab āpe jāṇėh āpe ṯuḏẖ samālī▫ai jī▫o. ||3||
You Yourself know Your Own Ways; You dwell upon Yourself. ||3||

ਤੂੰ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਫੁਨਿ ਆਪੇ ॥
तूं ठाकुरु सेवकु फुनि आपे ॥
Ŧūʼn ṯẖākur sevak fun āpe.
You are the Master, and then again, You are the servant.

ਤੂੰ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਪੇ ॥
तूं गुपतु परगटु प्रभ आपे ॥
Ŧūʼn gupaṯ pargat parabẖ āpe.
O God, You Yourself are the Manifest and the Unmanifest.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸੁ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਇਕ ਭੋਰੀ ਨਦਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੀਐ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੨੧॥੨੮॥
नानक दासु सदा गुण गावै इक भोरी नदरि निहालीऐ जीउ ॥४॥२१॥२८॥
Nānak ḏās saḏā guṇ gāvai ik bẖorī naḏar nihālī▫ai jī▫o. ||4||21||28||
Slave Guru Nanak sings Your Glorious Praises forever. Please, just for a moment, bless him with Your Glance of Grace. ||4||21||28||

We can come to encounter Him in the parts, and if blessed in his unknown vastness. The point of the shabad: We see Him everywhere. Knowing Him in his completeness is another story.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
God is indivisible. What is lacking is our understanding. God resides us in full.
Kanwaljit Singh ji we are not "creator", we are part of "creation". What "one creator" wants to instill in each part of creation is creator's decision and not ours. If creator is infinite not in flimsy ways but detail, tell me how you or me are infinite in detail other than flimsy ways. Creator knows infinite and we discover relatively infinitesimal, let us not mix it up. That is what egos are made of and I may be as guilty if not most guilty of all.

In summary, I cannot say it any better in an other way to look at it per spnadmin ji in the following,

We can come to encounter Him in the parts, and if blessed in his unknown vastness. The point of the shabad: We see Him everywhere. Knowing Him in his completeness is another story.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Naam (divine substance) is the support of everything. Without Naam, nothing would exist.

Naam is the force behind every single atom, sub-atom, mystery of dark matter, etc. Nothing can exist without it, not anything at all. Therefore It permeates absolutely in equal measures everywhere. How can there be anything else? Where would it come from, how could it be outside of It?

We are like bubbles or swirls in the Water.

My humble opinion.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Kanwaljit Singh ji we are not "creator", we are part of "creation". What "one creator" wants to instill in each part of creation is creator's decision and not ours. If creator is infinite not in flimsy ways but detail, tell me how you or me are infinite in detail other than flimsy ways. Creator knows infinite and we discover relatively infinitesimal, let us not mix it up. That is what egos are made of and I may be as guilty if not most guilty of all.

All Creation is like pots, where the Creator is the Clay. Depending on the Creator, some pots are dry and perfect, some left with water and crumble.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
All Creation is like pots, where the Creator is the Clay. Depending on the Creator, some pots are dry and perfect, some left with water and crumble.
Kanwaljit Singh ji the creator does not discriminate. Creator does not make good and bad. It is how us without having creator's completeness see it.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: