• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Sikhs Have Not Appreciated The Legacy Of Bhai Mardana Ji (In Punjabi)

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
I beg to differ...
If the family is so attached to Guru Nanak's message and Gurbani, why didn't they accept Sikhism?
I feel they tend to think about it as a family occupation, not devotion.
:noticemunda:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I beg to differ...
If the family is so attached to Guru Nanak's message and Gurbani, why didn't they accept Sikhism?
I feel they tend to think about it as a family occupation, not devotion.
:noticemunda:

Can also...i also wonder just HOW MANY of our own RAGIS are really attached to or accept "Sikhism" ? 99.9% are in it for the MONEY...( sure I know they LOOK like Sikhs..maybe even more Sikh than me..with their 11 Inch Kirpans compared to mine thats 6 inch only..??) BUT imho "accepting" Sikhism is more than just the outer roop...we have to FOLLOW what the SGGS says too..

I think we sikhs should pose this.."occupation or devotion" question to each Ragi jatha/Kathawachak etc that comes preaching...???? I have yet to see a ragi or kathawachak that doesnt accept MONEY/BHETA...so end game..its for OCCUPATION too...simialr to pathis ardassihs etc all in it for the money..less devotion.. sad

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Can also...i also wonder just HOW MANY of our own RAGIS are really attached to or accept "Sikhism" ? 99.9% are in it for the MONEY...( sure I know they LOOK like Sikhs..maybe even more Sikh than me..with their 11 Inch Kirpans compared to mine thats 6 inch only..??) BUT imho "accepting" Sikhism is more than just the outer roop...we have to FOLLOW what the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says too..

I think we sikhs should pose this.."occupation or devotion" question to each Ragi jatha/Kathawachak etc that comes preaching...???? I have yet to see a ragi or kathawachak that doesnt accept MONEY/BHETA...so end game..its for OCCUPATION too...simialr to pathis ardassihs etc all in it for the money..less devotion.. sad

So, is the Mardana family exempted from following the Rehat?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
So are the mardana descendants exempted form Rehat of SIKHISM ?
Sikh REHAT MAYADA is FOR Sikhs, BY Sikhs OF Sikhs. No one else is required to follow...until and unless the person genuinely gets the CALL form the GURU..

Next question we must ask is.."Is KIRTAN of GURBANI reserved exclusively for REHATVAAN SIKHS ONLY..or its UNIVERSAL. We Sikhs never fail to claim that SGGS..Sikhism..Gurmatt is "UNIVERSAL"..for ALL HUMANITY...and then we cannot fall back and say..SORRY..this seat is RESERVED..please go sit elsewhere...

The SRM does have a clause..LIMITING Kirtan of Gurbani in Sangat to SIKHS only. This clause is also applied to PATIT SIKHS..that is GHONAS/Beard Trimmers, Eye Brow designers (girls) etc...and these are NOT allowed/actively discouraged form performing in Sangat. This has resulted in the Ragi jathas that roam the world in their thousands..ever hungry for a chance to make MONEY...packing up their wajas and jorrees in the middle of ardass to be in time for the enxt session...and now more and more Jorree players never even remove the Tabla form the Zipped Bag..they just open the ZIPPER..and play the saaj...making for speed when its time to RUN...ZIP and go !!

THIS is a double edged sword...it cuts both ways..the GHONA beard trimmer etc who genuinely loves kirtan gurbani is "prevented" until he gets in roop (even IF Inside its still way below ZERO Gurmatt)...and the FAKE ROOP fellow gets all the ice cream..even if INSIDE he is worse than the Ghona mona earlier..so there is no incentive for EITHER !!

We have to work out a better method..thats all...it can be done..not impossible unless we close our minds and hearts...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM