• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Do I Convert To Sikhism?

Gregappin

SPNer
Mar 29, 2011
The Sikh philosophy has always appealed to me as a punjabi. I was born a Hindu and i've kept talking to Hindus about real Dharma but they are not at all responsive. Now Hindu is just a label for me.

I'm sick of the hypocrisy. They keep blaming conversions to other religions but never accept their own faults. They have Zero understanding of Dharma despite having recieved a beautiful scripture like the Bhagavada Gita that calls them to fight for Dharma against injustice.

The Hindu cowards found a way around that too. They created a superstition that having the Bhagavada Gita in the home will create fights in the house. Instead of accepting justice and choosing to fight for it they dumped the scripture itself. Krishna's birth and message itself was wasted on the Hindus

Gandhi the submissive ***, has corrupted Dharma for them further apart from the superstitions they are lost in.

India is facing massive problems with Islam and i see India adopting Sikhism as the only way to establish truth and retain it's humanity which would be lost if we were Islamised.

We have to become pure or "Khalsa" in Dharma if we want to revive Indian Dharma instead of that backward Arab claptrap called Islam.

Any Sikh brothers out there who can guide me to becoming a good Sikh? I've given up on reviving true Dharma in Hinduism. The followers are beyond a cure. I realise it after years of trying to instill true Dharma in them. Sikhism's teachings are very true to Dharma, although under Hindu influence it has been corrupted a lot in India.

I'm sick of Hindus who talk big but are not willing to walk the talk. Infact, i'm more sick of cowardly all talk, no action Hindus, than the muslim terrorists.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here is the threaded question SPN forum members piaare
Any Sikh brothers out there who can guide me to becoming a good Sikh? I've given up on reviving true Dharma in Hinduism. The followers are beyond a cure. I realise it after years of trying to instill true Dharma in them. Sikhism's teachings are very true to Dharma, although under Hindu influence it has been corrupted a lot in India.

Gregappin ji I am moved when I read your comments because your frustration and yearning come through very clearly. Please do not tar all Hindus with the hypocrisy refuses to be responsive to the world's crying out. Your frustrations are shared by others, members of many different religions bring similar concerns to the table for discussion.

They seek answers and do not get them. Because Sikhi takes a path that stands out with clear and positive outlines, it does not mean that all Sikhs walk that path. It does mean that a pure vision is always there for us to tap into. The mool mantar paves the way as the road to erasing egotism. But it takes a life time of effort to stay on the path.

My answer to your question of course is only partial. Read and stay focused on the mool mantar to begin. How does it set the stage for changes in your own life. I am including down to Hai Bhee Sach Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach ||1||. Know that some do not. :)

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
Ikoankaar Sathnaam Karathaa Purakh Nirabho Niravair Akaal Moorath Ajoonee Saibhan Gurprasaadh||
One Universal Creator God, TheName Is Truth Creative Being Personified No Fear No Hatred Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace~

॥ ਜਪੁ ॥
|| Jap ||
Chant And Meditate:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ ॥
Aadh Sach Jugaadh Sach ||
True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
Hai Bhee Sach Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach ||1||
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The Sikh philosophy has always appealed to me as a punjabi. I was born a Hindu and i've kept talking to Hindus about real Dharma but they are not at all responsive. Now Hindu is just a label for me.

I'm sick of the hypocrisy. They keep blaming conversions to other religions but never accept their own faults. They have Zero understanding of Dharma despite having recieved a beautiful scripture like the Bhagavada Gita that calls them to fight for Dharma against injustice.

The Hindu cowards found a way around that too. They created a superstition that having the Bhagavada Gita in the home will create fights in the house. Instead of accepting justice and choosing to fight for it they dumped the scripture itself. Krishna's birth and message itself was wasted on the Hindus

Gandhi the submissive ***, has corrupted Dharma for them further apart from the superstitions they are lost in.

India is facing massive problems with Islam and i see India adopting Sikhism as the only way to establish truth and retain it's humanity which would be lost if we were Islamised.

We have to become pure or "Khalsa" in Dharma if we want to revive Indian Dharma instead of that backward Arab claptrap called Islam.

I'm sick of Hindus who talk big but are not willing to walk the talk. Infact, i'm more sick of cowardly all talk, no action Hindus, than the muslim terrorists.

Although I welcome your wanting to covert to Sikhism, one thing I would say is, do not do this because you are against something in Hiduism or Islam. A true Sikh accepts other faiths for what they are and carry's on on his/her own path.

If you want to accept the path of the Saint Soldier then by all means become a Sikh, but do it because you wish to pursue Truth!!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I would say every human is a SIKH....born SIKH and dies a SIKH....What we have to do is LIVE a SIKH....and the SGGS is the recipe Book on how to do that. "External" religion/rituals/gabb/place to worship etc etc are all man made. Mnay so called "Sikhs" today are no different from those others who are so-called hindus, muslims, christians etc etc....they are OUTWARD "SIKHS"..meaning they look like sikhs, speak like sikhs, behave like sikhs,...BUT are NOT"SIKHS" because their LIVES are NOT SIKH. The LIGHT..the GYAAN of Sikhi..Gurmukhtaa..the INNER LIGHT doesnt shine through.
IF one reads the SGGS one will find examples of How to LIVE....those that follow that Formula are SIKHS in reality....they might look like and dress like and even have names like..SHEIKH FARID....or Bhagat Kabir...Bhagat namdev...Ravidass.. bhatt Kallh.....Mardana...Rai Bulaar....sunder..or Bhai Dya Singh..Banda Singh..Baba Deep Singh..Bhai Mani Singh...
Gurmatt...SIKHI is a tough line to follow..thinner than the sharpest blade of the Khanda...thinner than the human hair...a Pir Budhu Shah may turn out to be a Better SIKH than a KPS Gill - although going purely on "appearances" most will pick KPSGill as a "sikh" and Buddhu Shah as a Non-Sikh !!....or Babbu Mann may be a better "sikh" than T{censored}m Moranwali singer..mere appearances cna fool soem of the people soem of the time..but never fool all the people all the time..especially not HIM as He is the Ultimate Judge !!

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Khalsa....the first step to LIVING SIKH...winkingmunda:happysingh::interestedsingh:japposatnamwaheguru:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
My Brother,I hope the information given here by fellow brothers and sisters would be useful to you. If you want any further help regarding understanding the gospel of Sikhism or its beliefs and practices, just drop me a personal message.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: