How could my sins be forgiven? | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How could my sins be forgiven?

sikhkudi

SPNer
Jan 14, 2021
I'm a 15 year old sikh girl and I've been very very disrespectful to my parents. My dad has always been soft on me and never put restrictions on my while my om loved me with her whole heart. I feel the worst for taking advantage ofd them. I took advantage of almost everyone in our house, especially my sister. I made her do things no teen could've ever done that and my parents found out. I made her do it with "me". They've lost respect and love for me, forever. They always believed in me for being a doctor, but now they just vlost hope on me saying I could never achieve anything in my life with what I've been doing, "ghinone harkatein". My parents have given me a green signal to get lost or to die. I don't know how to face these in front of sache patshah. Please help me as I don't wanna ruin our khandaani izatt. Thanks.

P.S. I'm bipolar and my parents doesn't know about this. Also, I rarely pray too, I feel very bad calling myself a bad sikh. I wanna relive.

Aug 14, 2004
US
Dear Sikhkudi,
Since you have mentioned your diagnosis, it makes me believe that you have been to psychtriatic evaluation. Please follow your doctor's advice with medication and therapy. Allow your family to involve in your treatment. There is no reason that people with Bipolar issues can't live a worthy life.
Guru Raakha!

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
It is a big problem if your parents don't know about a serious health problem you have. They are charged by Waheguru to take care of you until you are 18 years old.If you tell them and they refuse the care you need that is one thing but I think they should know. My two cents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

The complete Shabd as composed by Guru Arjun ji and recorded on page 392 of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) is as follows:

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ Asa Mehla 5 (SGGS Page 392)

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਕਰਿ...

SPN on Facebook