• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Historical Relic Being Auctioned In UK

WOuld you like the SGPC to display relics and artifacts in a museum?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Furthermore, I would appoint Amandep Madra, and Parmjit Singh to head this museum. They would be paid head curators. This museum would gather all the artifact of Sikhism and house hem in one building.

The building would be secure. It would not be connected to the religious institutions of Sikhism, but be interested in looking at Sikhism in purely a historical context.

labhdig

SPNer
Sep 19, 2007
Very well said. Any artifact related to gurus and other Singhs/Singhnias should be kept in a fire proof, safe, monitored museum that would be open to all public. Its not only of religious importance but of utmost historical value too.
I will soon start a petition to take the message to the SGPC.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ANYBODY knows where ALL the LOOTED artifacts, ancient handwritten birs, manuscripts, hukmnamas, books valuable gifts etc taken away in 1984 from the Sikh reference Libraray and Central Sikh museum in Amritsar are NOW ?? 25 Years later..NO ONE KNOWS..not the Prime Minister..NOT the defence minister...NO BODY !!! Can you beleive THAT ?? in a DEMOCRACY called INDIA !!!
SGPC and ALL the others cannot be TRUSTED..they havent raised a SQUEAK about this LOOTED TREASURE !!! a few half hearted "letters to the PM..defence minister..home minister.." are ALL they can do when pressed.

2. This armour is NOT Guru related at all - mere hype to up the price. The actual guru armour is SAFE in the Royal House of Patiala. The Auctioneer Sotheby has declared this umpteen times..BUT we NEVER HEAR ????? but keep on shouting our own demands, blah blah blah ....And the SGPC types are even sending a "team of experts " to UK to verify !!! VERIFY WHAT ?? just a pleasure TRIP like Vedanti had to Canada looking for Guru gobind Singh jis Kalgi !!!some time back...these people never seem to learn....
3. THE MOST SHAMEFUL thing is that the SGPC and Takhats actively DESTROYED hundreds of HISTORICAL BUILDINGS, HOUSES of Guurs, Bebe nanki, etc,, Forts, Wells, bungas, trees, etc etc and REPLACED these with KAR SEWA BABA BUILT Marble Gurdwars EXACTLY ALIKE....and they are STILL DESTROYING....in Hazoor Sahib, Anandpur sahib, Amrtisar..and also moving outwards to PAKISTAN to bulldoze Sikh HISTORY into the GROUND - paid for with SIKH MONEY and LABOUR. Nishanian of the Khalsa Raaj, Baba banda Singh bahdurs fort in Chnadigarh etc etc are alll under destruction even as i write...NOT a SQUEAK from ANYONE ???? WHY ???
4. Buying FAKE and spurious/unproven/unverified "artifacts" is a TRICK on US..taking us for a RIDE - more and more people are turning up with Gangasagrs and utensils thalian glasses etc allegedly used by the GURUS..to have "exhibitions" and MILK the SIKHS of Bheta.....and SIKHS are falling over each other to MATHA TEK to these artifacts in the Hazooree of SGGS !!!..Wonder of Wonders..to most Ordinary SIKHS..the Living GURU..SGGS..seems INSIGNIFICANT..compared to say a "Thalee used by Guur Arjun Ji to have His daily breakfast in .....or Mata Ganga jis Peehree...or Guur Jis Clogs ???..is that WHY the SGGS paraksh is ignored by a rushing pushing throng to have a glimpse of the THALEE or the Gangasagar with Holes ??? after all they see (darshan) of SGGS day ina nd day out ???? while the gangasagar is on TOUR ??? only for a limited time ??? ONLY SIKHS can do this..shame shame shame WAKE UP SIKHS..Virsa SAMBHALO
EKAS KE BARAK...

Gyani jarnail Singh

labhdig

SPNer
Sep 19, 2007
The first thought that comes to my mind is that if SGPC is responsible for this then what is the whole sikh community doing watching it in silence. Why are there no protests by the sikh community? Why the sikhs are not signing up petitions against it? why people are not writing letters to the SGPC president, prime minister or the Punjab cheif minister. If SGPC is not handling these matters properly, isn't sikh community on whole responsible for this?

I wrote a letter to the Jathedar of Shri Akaal Takht Sahib ji and I am not even sure if it got to him or if he paid attention but from my side I tried to take a small initiative(Hopefully he gets a lot of letters emphasizing the same things and the point would get to him).

As far as the looting and setting the sikh reference library in the Golden Temple on fire is concerned; From what I understand all the material from the library was put in bags and taken some place. The CBI later returned some material(SGPC says it was about 2% of the original material) and the rest is still not returned(The defence minister says some of the material was destroyed since it has some objectionable material). Why the SGPC is not playing more active role in getting the material is beyond me.
For the relics, SGPC claims that they got some relics from the British government in 1966 and all the relics(Ashtat, Shastar and Bastar) with SGPC are displayed everyday in the gurudwaras of five takhts and their history is also told at that time.
From the letter updated everyday at sgpc.net, it seems that they have taken an initiative to list and photograph each and every relic kept in personal collection or exhibitions. I think it is a good initiative and hope it is not a wash out.

Feb 21, 2007
Gur fathe parwaan karnee ji
when are we going to understand that the SGPC might be our religious representer,but it is a puppet of the MASANDS OF AKALI DAL,i am not going to repeat that we need a new faction or we should creat a new religious body, no, what we need to do, is to make the heads of akali dal,sgpc,or any other sikh related party see that gathring the relics which are related to our GURUS AND THE SIKHS
should be on there must do list,today if we look at the western world they not only invent new things, but also look after the past, you only have to look at the preislamic history of india,other than few hindu temples in the south there is nothing there.
AAJ PANTHE DE AAGE ARDAAS HAI JI
NRI,S AND THE SIKHS OF INDIA PLEASE DON'T START BUILDING NEW GURUDAWARS IF THERE IS ALREADY ONE STANDING. WE SHOULD PERSERVE THAT FIRST, RATHER THAN BUILD A MORDERN MARBLE SHOW PIECE.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: