• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Help Translating 3 Words?

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
I need to translate this phrase from English into Punjabi, in Punjabi characters: Collection of Waheguru Simran

I'm making a graphic for my iPod for my simran folder, just wanted to put the punjabi text on the front with this phrase.

Thanks in advance :redturban:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Step 1, download Gurmukhi fonts.

Step 2, wait for someone with more knowledge of Punjabi than me to translate!!! I can give you 'waheguru' and 'simran' in Gurmukhi but I'm not sure how to write it to mean 'collection of waheguru simran'. It's not as easy as translating word-for-word.

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
I didn't think it would be Ishna-ji :( Thank you though
I have a Gurmukhi font, just a matter of waiting now :p

Even if you know Waheguru and Simran, that would be helpful as well :)

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
waheguru-jaap.jpg

You don't need 'jaap' at the end. The first word is Waheguru.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
But those words might change a little (letters/signs may be added) when put into the sentence 'collection of Waheguru Simran).

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
ਵਾਹੇਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ
Rory said:
Correction: ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਮਰਨ
Thanks Ishnaji!

Thank you very much Ishna-ji
I also found this http://www.tamilcube.com/translate/punjabi.aspx
Which might help for anyone who wants to do something similar to me

What I have will do, the "collection of" part isn't so important :)

Thanks again Ishnaji :grinningsingh:

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Rory ji

In the text you provided, I think Waheguru is written incorrectly. But perhaps there is no standard way of spelling it. I've only seen it spelled per the picture provided.

Thanks for the link!

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Oops, thanks for pointing that out. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise :p
I got the text I posted from that translator, so I'll change it to use the translation you gave me on that picture. It's probably more likely the correct one.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Word Jaap (u) doesnt need the aunkadd at the end...Jaap is NOT a Proper Noun..its just a WORD..so no need for the aunkadd as per Gurbani grammar.

2. Collection is called SANGREH....just type in Sassa, Tippi, Gaggah, SIHAREE, Rara and Hahha .

3. Most important..Last BUT not Least but definitley MOSTEST !! SIMRAN in Gurbani is ACTION..NO TALK..NO EMPTY MUTTERINGS..etc etc..as is usually practised...GENUINE SIMRAN OF WAHEGURU is not music/lyrics/...BUT the PRACTICE OF HIS GUNNS IN OUR DAILY 24 hours LIFE so as TO BRING ABOUT CHANGE....example SATNAAM..TRUTH..means begin DESTROYING the LIES, the Falsehood, the Fake in ones Daily LIFE bit by bit UNTIL ONLY and ONLY the TRUTH PREVAILS....and That my friends is a FULL TIME LIFE TIME JOB/TASK..a Herculean task of washing the Stables...walking about and I-pod pokes in ones ears isnt going to do much....( I suppose IF they ahd I-pods in Hercules Time He could have plugged in his ears..and walked about..listening to.."I MUST clean the stables..I must clean the stables..I must clean the stables...in an endless LOOP....BUT without physically getting off his butt and doing the hard work..the stables would remain just as they were before he started listening to his Ipod..he he..LETS NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE with our HEARTS...the Mann is Kaala Siah Black with eons of SOOT..VIGOROUS ACTION is needed to wash it....

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Thank you very much Gyaniji, and I really do understand the point you are making about actually doing simran as opposed to just muttering it for the sake of it, I have started rising at the proper hour (usually before 4.30am) to do my simran and when I am chanting my Waheguru I put as much meaning as I can into every uttering.
I know Sikhi is against blind rituals and if I did simran without putting meaning into it then that would be as bad as a blind ritual. I'm doing nothing without putting meaning into it.

Gurfateh, thanks again Gyaniji and Ishnaji

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Rory ji, good on you for observing amrit vela! I'm usually too lazy and read my banis on the train. Not good. :(

What you're describing, chanting waheguru, is actually 'jaap'. I understand it to be a meditation technique with the aim of making you aware of the creative force for at least the rest of the day.

Simran is maintaining that awareness. We should strive to be in simran every moment. As Guru Nanak says, our mind should always be tuned to Naam like the child's mind is aware of the kite string in his hand while he talks with his friend's.

This continual awareness is simran. The act of repetition itself is not, although it is often presented that way.

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Thanks Ishnaji. Seems I still have a long way to go yet, I do my best to get everything clear but sometimes websites have contradicting or unclear information and it leaves me jumbled up :(

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
It seems I really didn't understand Bani as much as I thought.
Sorry to anyone if I'm a burden, I'm taking in a lot of new information every day since joining this forum and I sometimes rush through things without understanding them fully!

Thanks to anyone who corrects me, I'm surprised and thankful to everyone here because it's really pointing me in the right direction as regards to what I should be learning.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Rory ji, you're fine. :motherlylove: There's lots to learn and I suppose different schools of thought even within Sikhi. You need to fossick through it all looking for Truth and experience Truth for yourself. I figure, 10 human Gurus, 1430 pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - if it was easy to grasp it would have taken just 1.

Keep up the good work. icecreamkaur

hpannu

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
I need to translate this phrase from English into Punjabi, in Punjabi characters: Collection of Waheguru Simran

I'm making a graphic for my iPod for my simran folder, just wanted to put the punjabi text on the front with this phrase.

Thanks in advance :redturban:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ॥

Dear Rori Ji -

As Requested by you - Collection of Waheguru Simran in Punjabi / Gurmukhi is

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

Collection = ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

of = ਦਾ

Waheguru = ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ (personally i prefer Vaheguru ( V = ਵ ) not with a W )

Simran = ਸਿਮਰਨ

I am using Giani Ji's interpretation for the Collection as ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

Giani Ji - what is your opinion on Collection = ਭੰਡਾਰ ?

I am trying to find an easier word for Rory Ji.

I apologize in advance if i am wrong.

ਭੁੱਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬਖਸ਼ ਦੇਣਾ ਜੀ

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ॥

Dear Rori Ji -

As Requested by you - Collection of Waheguru Simran in Punjabi / Gurmukhi is

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਦਾ ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

Collection = ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

of = ਦਾ

Waheguru = ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ (personally i prefer Vaheguru ( V = ਵ ) not with a W )

Simran = ਸਿਮਰਨ

I am using Giani Ji's interpretation for the Collection as ਸੰਗਰਿਹ

Giani Ji - what is your opinion on Collection = ਭੰਡਾਰ ?

I am trying to find an easier word for Rory Ji.

I apologize in advance if i am wrong.

ਭੁੱਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬਖਸ਼ ਦੇਣਾ ਜੀ

Gurfateh Pannu Ji.
The words sangreh and bhandaar are similar...while Sangreh gives an "impression/perception" of "Collection" (small ).... Bhandaar gives an impression of a mountain/load ...huge collection !! Snagreh is usually used in ACADEMIC CIRCLES..as for collection of poems in a book - Anthology, collection of essays, words. , sayings, proverbs, etc...whereas Bhandaar is more general and may be used for a huge collection of gold (Ambaar is another similar word), minerals, coal, even rasad of langgar food etc. What we call Guru Ka Langgar - usually LIMITLESS FREE FOOD for ALL...
The DERAS esp the Radha Soamis..and Various Hindu Mandirs etc make do with a word of their own..BHANDAARA...meaning Food in "abundance"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM