• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Headgear

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
Someone approached me said this.
Why do you wrap your head? The bible says men are not suppose to cover their head.

What is this suppose to mean?

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Why do you wrap your head? The bible says men are not suppose to cover their head.

Incorrect, allow me to cite some biblical passages:

"And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty. And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office. And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto Me in the priest's office." (Exodus 28:1-4 KJV)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] In his letters to the church at Corinth, Paul responded to a number of questions the Corinthian Christians had asked him (1 Corinthians 7:1). One of those questions involved proper headwear during worship services. No one knows what the exact question was or what situation prompted it, but Paul gave this reply:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 11:4-7)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Also have them see:[/FONT]

Job 29:14
I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban.

Ezekiel 24:17
Groan quietly; do not mourn for the dead. Keep your turban fastened and your sandals on your feet; do not cover the lower part of your face or eat the customary food of mourners ."

Zechariah 3:5
Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by.

There are many more, too.

WGJKK, WGJKF

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
just out of curiosity how many different bibles are there. What bible does the Vatican use. What causes christens to think the bible is the ultimate truth.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
One bible, with many different translations.

I guess the vatican uses their standard. No idea.

And again, no idea why they think that.
just out of curiosity how many different bibles are there. What bible does the Vatican use. What causes christens to think the bible is the ultimate truth.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
What causes christens to think the bible is the ultimate truth.

It is believed to be all saying /utterance of Prophet Jesus as recorded by his 12 disciples and then later pooled together to give final shape to Bible

So I think this is enough reason for them to believe in Bible

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada

Actually, the bible doest not directly say "you cannot cover your head". i know of christians who do wear head coverings, and in some parts of the world, head coverings resembling turbans. Most religions in the world, have people wearing head coverings, it is in most too that is a sign of respect and being humble.

The actual bible, is dereved from the many prophets and followers, who wittnessed the events in the bible, or where told by "devine means". The dead sea scrolls and alike are the real "bible" Sects and time have twisted most of the truth sadly.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM