• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Have A Facebook? Show Your Support!

sukhmen

SPNer
Oct 28, 2009
I have created a new Facebook group regarding the caste system subject that was discussed in the thread entitled, A Faith Ahead of its Time; The Hypocrisy of Sikhism,and would like to thank all of you for showing your support.
If there are any moderators / admin that can possibly send mass emails or pm's to all the people on here, that would be awesome.

This groups focus: We stand here as a new generation plagued by old institutions that've proven failure. The caste system has no place in our era of egalitarianism where anyone can take the pursuit of happiness without encountering injustice. So, let's break the barrier.
Breaking the Caste Barrier

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
BUT FIRST change your title...it MALIGNS SIKHISM/GURMATT because there is no such thing as "caste" either in Gurbani of SGGS or in our Gurus personal lives.

Its some "Sikhs" that PRACTISE Caste, alcoholism, wife beating, drug dealing, foeticide of female unborn and brides,daaj dowry system, deras, fake dehdharee Gurus, jyots and lamps, rituals as paaths and bathing at teeraths, pilgrimages etc etc etc..ALL of which are NOT ALLOWED IN GURMATT/GURBANI/SIKHISM.

First things first..and we must get it RIGHT the First time...is my motto. Then I support YOU.:happysingh::welcome::happy:

sukhmen

SPNer
Oct 28, 2009
With all do respect,
I'm not saying that all "Sikhs" practice and exercise the use of the caste system, sir, but only focusing on the ones that do.
You agree that some do practice the caste system, but then order me to change my title because "caste" isn't in Gurbani of SGGS - the perfect example of a contradiction.
I believe if labeling the action that some "Sikhs" do when they place people into hierarchical castes where the low remain low, and the high remain high into the word CASTE...then so be it.
I'm not here to ruin the history and character of a religion - i'm here to help throw away a useless system that has spoiled and plagued societies for centuries.
I apologize if some of what was said is not understandable, I'm known for being...well, not understandable.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sukhmen. Why don't you use the title that Dalbirk suggested," the title should be ' Sikhism : A faith ahead of its time , the hypocricy of Sikhs" ?

As I also mentioned in my post to you that your hypocricy is misplaced and gave you the reasons why and how it is misplaced. Gyani ji is right about it.

You can make a difference but adapting to what the Truth of SGGS demands from us, not what we think it is.Good Luck!

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sukhmen ji,

I am totally, 100% on your side when it comes to purging the practice of Sikhi of all signs of castism. Castism was one of the first issues that our beloved Guru jis took up. It is completely antithetical to Sikhi.

That said, the name of your group is off base. I'd be happy to help if you will please get a name that is less offensive and more accurate.

:happykaur:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sukhmen ji

You know I am having a hard time putting the goal, your goal, which is good and noble, together with the name and mission of the group. The confusion can be mine only. But one way to open this up to re-thinking is to make a numbered list of what you are opposing and want to do about it. Write as many things as you can think of. Just post that. And then some of the members could propose titles closer to what you have written.

Not trying to be the nose of the camel in the tent. But maybe that would help. A forum can be a place where good brainstorming can occur.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM