• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam (Hajj) Mecca . (Hajj) Medina

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
we in the days blessed the first of the month of Dhul Hijjah, which is held by the rites of the obligatory fifth of Islam and God willing I will explain you all about that duty detail Allah blessed me and you pilgrimage home Grand in Mecca and visit the grave of Mstafah Habib Muhammad peace be upon him in Medina

Hajj is the fifth pillar of Islam, Allah has imposed on the Muslims in the sixth year Hijri, one of the best works, was asked the Messenger of Allah :) Any business better?

He said: (faith in Allah and His Messenger).

It was said: Then what? He said: (Jihad in the way of Allah).

It was said: Then what? He said: (accepted Hajj (the pilgrimage which was mixed with sin.) _ [Agreed]

And Aisha - may Allah be pleased - said: O Messenger of Allah Jihad see the best work do you not strive? He said: (No, but the best Jihad accepted Hajj) _ [Agreed].

The Hajj is an expiation for sins, he said :) (of Hajj and does not and does not immoral act, he returned the day his mother bore him) _ [Agreed]. He also said: ('umrah to an expiation for them , and accepted Hajj brings no less a reward than Paradise) _ [Agreed] said :) (Amar delegation of pilgrims and God, who goes, and they asked him to them gave He) _ [Bazaar].

Hajj and cleanses the soul and restores clarity and fidelity, and that it would be human to be patient and endure, and Hajj implanted in the soul the spirit of bondage full of God, and submission true to the law of God, and the pilgrimage leads a person to God grateful for the blessing of money and blessing of wellness.

Hajj and lead to long relationship with the Muslims, including different colors, languages ​​and home, and feel more strongly the Association of Islamic brotherhood, and helps to spread the call of Islam, as it is a popular conference to address the Muslims and to identify the conditions, and discuss their problems.

The conditions of Hajj being obligatory:

1 - Islam, Hajj is not obligatory on the infidel.

2 - puberty, there must be a boy, even pilgrimage boy before puberty, is not acceptable for duty after puberty, but to perform Hajj once again, for saying :) (Any boy Ag then reached Perjury (age of reference), he should do Hajj again) _ [Tabarani].

3 - the mind, not on the pilgrimage crazy, but do not correct it.

4 - freedom, there must be not a slave.

5 - Being, so that it is able to withstand the hardship of travel, and that he has enough is enough of having to beg until he returns.
And women, like men in the conditions of Hajj being obligatory but it is essential that accompanied a husband or a mahram, or be with her trustworthy women

‫شاب امريكي يسلم Ùˆ يبكي عند ذاهبه للحج‬‎ - YouTube

[/FONT]

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Re: (Hajj)Mecca......(Hajj)Medina

Sat Nam _/|\_

Last year there were some livestreams on Youtube of Mecca during Hajj. Are there any on Youtube this year or somewhere else like Livestream perhaps?

Here is my favorite Native Deen song on Hajj:

Native Deen - Labbayk (Here I am, Oh Lord) - YouTube

Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik. Labbaik, La Shareek Laka, Labbaik. Innal Hamdah, Wan Nematah, Laka wal Mulk, La Shareek Laka Labbaik.
Here I am at Thy service O Lord, here I am. Here I am at Thy service and Thou hast no partners. Thine alone is All Praise and All Bounty, and Thine alone is The Sovereignty. Thou hast no partners, here I am.

Oh, our Protector! May we come to You gratefully, bringing our hearts to pour out praise and love. May the Light enter our hearts, Your Radiance, known by so many Names, filling us with desire for You alone. Oh, Guardian of all creation, please lift the love in our hearts toward You, our hearts pulsing with life given by the One Source, the Supreme One, the One Divine Being. Ya Hayy! (O Life!) Ya Ahad! (O One!) Ya Nur (O Light!)

Source of every Word, of every Holy Book, of all wisdom and knowledge!

Make us one in the One!

Sat Nam!

Last edited:

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
namji{censored}aur

Thank you

-----

The pilgrims begin arriving by air, sea, and land during the weeks prior to the pilgrimage period. They usually arrive into Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the major port city nearest to Mecca (45 miles distance). From there they travel with their Hajj group to Mecca. As they approach Mecca, they stop at one of the designated areas to shower and change clothing, entering into a state of devotion and purity for the pilgrimage.

In this type, one is to perform 'Umrah during the Hajj months (i.e. Shawwal, Thul-Qe'dah and the first ten nights of Thul-Hijjah) and to perform the Hajj in the same year with a sacrifice slaughtered in Mina on the day of Eid AlAdh'ha (The 10th day of Thul-Hijjah) or during the days of Tashreeq (i.e. the 11th, 12th and 13th day of Thul-Hijjah). The pilgrim may remove his Ihram garments and resume his normal activities between 'Umrah and Hajj. It is necessary to make the Tawaf and the Sa'i twice, the first time for 'Umrah and the second time for Hajj. We describe in the following the sequence of the Hajj journey.

Ihram

Ihram is the intention of the person willing to perform all rites of 'Umrah, Hajj or both when he arrives at the Miqat. Each direction coming into Makkah has its own Miqat. It is recommended that the one who intends to perform Hajj makes Ghusl (a shower with the intention to purify one's self), perfumes his body, but not his garments, and puts on a two piece garment with no headgear. The garments should be of seamless cloth. One piece to cover the upper part of the body, and the second to cover the lower part. For a woman the Ihram is the same except that she should not use perfumes at all and her dress should cover the whole body decently, leaving the hands and the face uncovered. The pilgrim should say the intention according to the type of Hajj. For Hajj Al-Tamatt'u one should say: "Labbayka Allahumma 'Umrah" which means "O Allah I answered Your call to perform 'Umrah". It is recommended to repeat the well known supplication of Hajj, called Talbeyah, as frequently as possible from the time of Ihram till the time of the first stoning of Jamrat Al-Aqabah in Mina. Men are recommended to utter the Talbeyah aloud while women are to say it quietly. This Talbeyah is of the form:

"Labbayka Allahumma Labbayk. Labbayka La Shareeka Laka Labbayk. Inna-alhamda Wan-ntimata Laka Walmulk. La Shareek Lak." (Here I am at your service. O my Lord, here I am. Here I am. No partner do You have. Here I am. Truly, the praise and the provisions are Yours, and so is the dominion. No partner do You have.)

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
"Labbayka Allahumma Labbayk. Labbayka La Shareeka Laka Labbayk. Inna-alhamda Wan-ntimata Laka Walmulk. La Shareek Lak." (Here I am at your service. O my Lord, here I am. Here I am. No partner do You have. Here I am. Truly, the praise and the provisions are Yours, and so is the dominion. No partner do You have.)

This prayer fills my heart with purpose. I realize it is most sacred amongst Muslims and mostly probably to the Hajji. Yet, in English, it is clearly a prayer suitable for all monotheists.

The Language of God knows no barriers! Ya Allah! Jai Ma! Sat Nam!

Nam Jiwan

bairaagi

SPNer
Dec 25, 2011
gurgaon
Please forgive my ignorance : I am very much interested in the rituals performed during Haj . Can you please explain the reasons behind following rituals:
1. Shaving hairs
2. Wearing loose clothes
3. Circling around a building (Parikrama)

All these rituals appear very confusing to me and more like Hindu rituals during Shiva parikrama . What is inside that building ? Why it is covered ?

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Good questions Sukhmeet ji

What Exactly it has inside it......??

I hav heard Muslim Dont Pray to any kind of stone .......???

I don't think Muslims consider they are praying to stone when they make the hajj journey or pray to it during salat. It is part of a ritual Muhammad, may great peace be his, performed. Its more like a compass that helps the global ummah come together in their prayers.

Muslims believe the kaaba was originally built by Adam. The black stone that is part of the kaaba is believed to have fallen from the sky. It was white when it fell and turned black because of the peoples' sins.

Muslims also believe Abraham and his son, may God's peace be theirs, rebuilt it. Abraham also left Hagar, may God's peace be hers, and their son in this area when his Sarah didn't want Hagar and Abraham's son around her.

Muhammad took the kaaba from the pagans and removed all the idols in it. Supposedly he left an image of Abraham and one of Mary and Jesus, may God's peace be theirs. I don't know if it is actually there or not at this point. If I remember right, the kaaba also contains the grave of Hagar, but I'm not sure.

I found some info at About.com, I think you'll like:
(Steps of Hajj): http://islam.about.com/od/hajj/ss/hajj_steps.htm

When someone goes on the hajj, they are to take care of their affairs and make their will, etc, as if they going to die. Part of the hajj's lesson is that we should "die before we die" (die before we die). Muslims die to this world and all the ways it is a barrier to God. The men wear the shrouds they would wear were they dead.

Nam Jiwan :)

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Satnam

Bairaagi ji

Please forgive my ignorance : I am very much interested in the rituals performed during Haj . Can you please explain the reasons behind following rituals:

1. Shaving hairs
2. Wearing loose clothes

All these rituals appear very confusing to me and more like Hindu rituals during Shiva parikrama . What is inside that building ? Why it is covered ?

I'm not sure about why men shave their head. I think it is to create equality. One amazing thing about Hajj is all kinds of Muslims worship together. There is no difference between rich or poor, old or young, American or Middle Eastern, learned or not learned, black or white, Shia, Sunni or Sufi. Malcolm X was profoundly moved by this experience.

Parts of the ritual go back to pagan days. Circling the kaaba was part of their ritual. I found a good link that explains about the questions you have asked.

Steps of the Hajj: http://islam.about.com/od/hajj/ss/hajj_steps.htm

I'm sure Naben ji or other Muslims will have more to offer.

Nam Jiwan :)

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Insha'Allah by Maher Zain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXIF2Mm2Kc

Every time
You feel like you cannot go on
You feel so lost and that you're so alone
All you see is night
And darkness all around
You feel so helpless you can't see which way to go
Don't despair
And never lose hope
'Cause Allah is always by your side

Chorus:
Insha Allah
Insha Allah
Insha Allah
You'll find your way

Every time
You commit one more mistake
You feel you can't repent and that it's way too late
You're so confused
Wrong decisions you have made
Haunt your mind and your heart is full shame
But don't despair
And never lose hope
Coz Allah is always by your side

Chorus

Turn to Allah
He's never far away
Put your trust in Him
Raise your hands and pray
Ya Allah
Guide my steps, don't let me go astray
You're the only one who can show me the way
Show me the way
Show me the way
Show me the way

InshaAllah
InshaAllah
InshaAllah
We'll find the way

bairaagi

SPNer
Dec 25, 2011
gurgaon
Here I may sound blasphemous to Hindus and Muslims brothers but Hindus also say that they don't pray to stones , they are just using stones as reference to God or they just respect the stone but worship God.

Using stone as symbol of shaitan or another stone as gift from God is similar act as per my view.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam

Bairaagi ji

Good point. I think a lot of ppl misunderstand other ppl's ways of worship. You bring up one excellent example of this.

I want to say something that will sound blasphemous to someone like Naben ji so I say it not from the perspective of his Islam...rather I say it from the perspective of Sikhi, pagans, etc..

In a sense, isn't Nirankar hiding inside all existence? Isn't a rock as Divine as a bird? Aren't both filled with the Divine essence?

In Sufism, it is believed there is nothing else but God. All of it is God, even what we consider maya because maya is in a sense filled with the Formless. And it is also filled with the Great Spirit/World Soul. A rock may not have breath or heart beat, but it has the sound current (vibration/naam) and reveals itself through Vibration.

That being said, there is the ALL that is God and the rock is a drop of Sound in an Infinite Ocean of Sound. So one misses the whole point by praying to stone vs. the Infinite Ocean the stone and the Sikh are contained in.

Nam Jiwan

Here I may sound blasphemous to Hindus and Muslims brothers but Hindus also say that they don't pray to stones , they are just using stones as reference to God or they just respect the stone but worship God.

Using stone as symbol of shaitan or another stone as gift from God is similar act as per my view.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Namji{censored}aur ji you more or less paraphrased a sakhi/recollection of Guru Nanak Dev ji's visit to Mecca. wahmundawahkaur

There he laid with his feet towards the Kabbah. People were objected and were angry at his show of disrespect. He asked people to move his feet in the direction where there was no God. No one could find such direction as God was so sublimely seen by these people through this discourse to be everywhere and in all.

Regards.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
:) _/|\_ Sat Nam

I wouldn't have connected it like that, but yes. I'm not feeling so blasphemous now. :)

Nam Jiwan

Namji{censored}aur ji you more or less paraphrased a sakhi/recollection of Guru Nanak Dev ji's visit to Mecca. wahmundawahkaur

There he laid with his feet towards the Kabbah. People were objected and were angry at his show of disrespect. He asked people to move his feet in the direction where there was no God. No one could find such direction as God was so sublimely seen by these people through this discourse to be everywhere and in all.

Regards.

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
1. Shaving hairs
2. Wearing loose clothes

yes my dear brother

Interest are----1:

a - obeying the command of God which the hair is cut in Hajj

Read the verse: (27. Indeed Allah shall fulfil the true vision which He showed to His Messenger () [ie the Prophet saw a dream that he has entered Makkah along with his companions, having their (head) hair shaved and cut short] in very truth. Certainly, you shall enter Al-Masjid-al-Haram; if Allah wills, secure, (some) having your heads shaved, and (some) having your head hair cut short, having no fear. He knew what you knew not, and He granted besides that a near victory.

Surah Al-Fath

b - to follow

Messenger of Allah peace be upon him

Says in the pilgrimage "" Take your rituals from me. ""

Shaving the hair is one of the restrictions of the state of Ihraam, and the restrictions of Ihraam are only bound to a person who wore Ihraam clothes to perform Hajj or ‘Umrah or to perform both.

he will have to shave his head without which he cannot come out of Ihram.

be remembered that shaving the head is more preferable and carries more thawab. It is reported by a number of authorities that the Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihai Wasallam) has prayed to Allah thrice for bestowing his mercy on those who shave their hands after performing Hajj, while he prayed only once for those who cut their hair.

2-

This indicates to repent and return to God with the mind and the body

We do not have anything

allah alone have everything

3-

29. Then let them complete the prescribed duties (Manasik of Hajj) for them, and perform their vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House (the Ka'bah at Makkah).

The Kaaba

"And now verily We shall make you turn (in prayer) toward a Qibla which is dear to you. So turn your face toward the Inviolable Place of Worship (the Kaaba of Makkah)." (Al Baqarah 2:144)

The Quran commands the Muslims to face the sacred precincts in Makkah during prayer which is a fundamental tenet in slam. The legend of this purely Islamic development of a sacred stone structure dates back to the fall of Hadhrat Adam (alayhis salaam) from Paradise onto earth at Makkah. It has been reported by Al-tabari that Hadhrat Jibraeel (alayhis salaam) flapped his wings to uncover a foundation laid in the seventh fold of the earth. Angels paved this foundation with stones and Hazrat Adam went round this structure following the example of the Angels. Therefore it stands to reason that Allah Ta'ala contemplated and designated the Ka'aba before the creation of the earth. It is said that the Kaaba is a prototype of Baitul Mamoor, a house in the seventh Heaven situated immediately over the Kaaba.

The Kaaba with respect to the inhabited parts of the world is like the centre of a circle with respect to the circle itself. All regions face the Kaaba, surrounding it as a circle surrounds its centre; and each region faces a particular part of the Kaaba. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) adopted the Kaaba as a physical focus in prayer as well for other acts of worship such as burial of the dead, recitation of the Qur'an, announcing the call of prayer, the ritual slaughter of animals, etc. Thus, Muslims have been spiritually and physically oriented towards the Kaaba and the holy city of Makkah in their daily lives.

Circumbulation of The Kaaba
'Tawaf' or cicumbulation (the ritual encircling of the Kaaba) starts from the Hajar Aswad - the Black Stone. The circumambulator, if possible, may kiss the stone or may direct his hand towards it saying, "In the name of Allah, Allah is great." He must circle the Kaaba seven times with the Kaaba to his left (in anti-clockwise direction).

On examination, it will be found that the entire universe which is in constant circular or elliptical rotation, is in actual fact moving in the pattern as the Tawaf. The electrons of an atom revolve around its nucleus in the same manner as making Tawaf, in an anti-clockwise direction. The ovum, prior to fertilisation actually taking place, surrounded by sperms, turns remarkably in anti-clockwise direction, thereby resembling the Tawaf. Considering the globe as a whole, it could be found that the earth has two movements. It rotates on its own axis in 24 hours causing day and night. The various seasons of the year are due to the earth's simultaneous revolution around the sun in 365 days. It is really astonishing to note that the earth, in both these movements, rotates anti-clockwise. The entire universe from the atom to the galaxies is in constant circular rotation like a circumambulator who encircles the Kaaba in the anti-clockwise direction. All objects in the universe, atoms, moon, stars, electrical current, galaxies, etc. are rotating in the same way. Moreover, the angles encircle the heavenly Baitul Ma'mur in an ever-lasting Tawaf. In the same way,

"Do Muslims Really Worship the Kaaba?"
This was one question, among others, propounded by certain non-Muslim student groups at a university rally not very long ago.

. It is a known fact to Muslims that we don't worship the Kaaba but only worship Allah Ta'ala and Him alone. The Kaaba is only a direction of worship.

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
There are a number of ahaadeeth etc. about the Black Stone which we will write for our brother so that he may learn from them.

1. The Black Stone was sent down by Allaah to this earth from Paradise.

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The Black Stone came down from Paradise."

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 877; al-Nasaa'i, 2935. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi).

2. The Stone was whiter than milk, but the sins of the sons of Adam made it black.

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When the Black Stone came down from Paradise, it was whiter than milk, but the sins of the sons of Adam made it black. "

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 877; Ahmad, 2792. Classed as saheeh by Ibn Khuzaymah, 4/219. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar classed it as qawiy (strong) in Fath al-Baari, 3/462).

(A) Al-Mubaarakfoori said in al-Marqaah: This means, the sins of the sons of Adam who touched the stone, caused it to turn black. The hadeeth should be taken at face value, because there is no reason not to, either narrated in a report or by virtue of common sense.

(Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 3/525)

(B) Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said: Some heretics tried to criticize this hadeeth by saying: How come the sins of the mushrikeen turned it black and the worship of the people of Tawheed did not make it white?

I answer by quoting what Ibn Qutaybah said: If Allaah had willed, that would have happened. But Allaah has caused it to be the case that black usually changes other colours and its not itself changed, which is the opposite to what happens with white.

(C) Al-Muhibb al-Tabari said: The fact that it is black is a lesson for those who have insight. If sins can have this effect on an inanimate rock, then the effect they have on the heart is greater.

See Fath al-Baari, 3/463

3. The Black Stone will come forth on the Day of Resurrection and will testify in favour of those who touched it in truth.

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning the Stone: "By Allaah, Allaah will bring it forth on the Day of Resurrection, and it will have two eyes with which it will see and a tongue with which it will speak, and it will testify in favour of those who touched it in sincerity. "

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 961; Ibn Maajah, 2944

This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, and as qawiy by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 3/462

(4) Touching, kissing or pointing to the Black Stone - this is the first thing to be done when starting Tawaaf, whether it is for Hajj or 'Umrah, or voluntary Tawaaf.

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn 'Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Makkaah, he came to the Black Stone and touched it, then he walked to the right of it and ran three times and walked three times [around the Ka'bah].

(Narrated by Muslim, 1218).

(5) The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kissed the Black Stone, and his ummah followed his lead in doing so.

It was narrated that 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) came to the Black Stone and kissed it, then he said: "I know that you are only a stone which can neither bring benefit nor cause harm. Were it not that I had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kiss you, I would not have kissed you. "

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1520; Muslim, 1720)

(6) If a person is unable to kiss the Stone, he should touch it with his hand or something else, then he can kiss the thing with which he touched it.

(A) It was narrated that Naafi 'said: I saw Ibn' Umar touch the Stone with his hand then he kissed his hand. I said, I have never ceased to do this since I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) do it.

(Narrated by Muslim, 1268)

(B) It was narrated that Abu Tufayl (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) performing Tawaaf around the House, touching the corner [where the Stone is] with a crooked staff which he had with him, then kissing the staff.

(Narrated by Muslim, 1275).

(7) If a person is unable to do the above, then he can point to it with his hand and say "Allaahu akbar".

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) performed Tawaaf on his camel, and every time he came to the corner [where the Stone is] he would point to it and say "Allaahu akbar."

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4987).

(8) Touching the Stone is one of the things by means of which Allaah expiates for sins

It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: "Touching them both [the Black Stone and al-Rukn al-Yamani] is an expiation for sins."

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 959. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi and as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/664). Al-Dhahabi agreed with him).

It is not permissible for a Muslim to annoy other Muslims at the Stone by hitting or fighting. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the Stone will testify in favour of those who touched it in sincerity, which is not the case when a person touches it by disturbing the slaves of Allaah.

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Day 1 of the Pilgrimage (8th of Dhul-Hijjah)

On the first official day of the pilgrimage, the millions of pilgrims that have now gathered travel from Mecca to Mina, a small village east of the city. There they spend the day and night in enormous tent cities, praying, reading the Qur’an, and resting for the next day.

Going out to Mina on the day of Tarwiah

A pilgrim performing Hajj AlTamatt'u should intend Ihram, from the place where he is staying, on the 8th day of Thul-Hijjah, which is the Tarwiah Day, and leave to Mina in the morning. In Mina, the pilgrims pray Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha of the 8th day of ThulHijjah and Fajr of the 9th day of ThulHijjah. Dhuhr, Asr and Isha are each shortened to two Rak'ah only, but are not combined. The pilgrim remains in Mina until sunrise of the 9th day of ThulHijjah and then leaves to Arafat.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam

Ambarsaria ji

I just came across this ayat which says something very similar to what Guru Nanak ji showed the Muslims, when asking them to show him where God was not.

The East and the West belong to God. Whichever way you turn, there is the Face of God. God is all pervading and all knowing. (Quran 2:115)

peacesign Nam Jiwan

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM