• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hair = Antenna Theory

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I have recently been hearing stuff about how our hair are antennas. The first time I heard it was on sikhnet. The second, I heard from a friend who I quoted below.

The hair on top of the head are like antenna’s that pick up on signals and we can use these hairs to get a higher frequency when they are kept long and uncut. When these hairs are tied on top of the head in a round ball they can pick up even higher frequency’s. Then the reason why we wear a pagg is because to keep this frequency on one channel. Also the reason why Buddhists shave their head bald is because then they don’t pick up on so many frequency which will make it difficult for them to meditate on nothing. This helps the Buddhist monks concentrate easier on what they are meditating on.

Now I don't know much, about this "theory", so let's hear everyone's views.

Few questions immediately came to mind when I heard of it.
1. Is this even supported by science in ANY way? If so how? If not, why not?
2. How do hair pick up frequencies? and what are these frequencies?
3. Why do Buddhist monks pick up less frequencies than everyone else ?(referring to the lines in italics and bold)

So ya, let's hear what everyone has to say and if you are going to attempt to answer the questions above, please number them.

Is this even supported by science in ANY way? If so how? If not, why not?

As i thought you are a person that only goes with fact and spirituality only exist for you when proven with fact and for you this will never be true and there is no need for you to go on with this discussion. also there is no science way of proving that God exist and yet you are a Sikh.

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm not sure if hair really responds this way. But, I will say this much: there's a practical and spiritual reason for everything that Maharajji taught us.

Have you heard that even reciting Bani without properly understanding its meaning causes an increase in your vibrational frequency?
From MrSikhNet.com: The Science of Naad and Gurbani by Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji

"There are eighty-four meridian points on the upper palate of a human's mouth. One can feel that upper palate with the tongue and experience its different surfaces. There are two rows of meridian points on the upper palate and on the gum behind the upper teeth. The tongue stimulates those meridian points, and they in turn stimulate the hypothalamus which makes the pineal gland radiate. When the pineal gland radiates, it creates an impulsation in the pituitary gland. When the pituitary gland gives impulsation, the entire glandular system secretes and a human being obtains bliss. This is the science. Gurbani is the combination of the tongue with the meridian points. When you read and recite Gurbani, it stimulates your hypothalamus. It is totally different than any scriptures because Gurbani is made in a scientific way."

If there is such a science behind the Bani that we read, I wouldn't necessarily argue against the hair antenna theory.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
It may be a hypothesis based upon the legend of Samson. This tale alleges the power and might of the great Warlord Samson lay in his long tresses. Upon the engineered cutting of the same, Samson lost his force and fortitude and became subjugated in capture by his enemies. The hair was cut by an evil queen or consort of the then presiding king.

The tale is told metaphorically for interpretation to arise according to the wisdom and learning aptitude of each who relates it.

Some maintain hair and nail matter are both dead, yet we know increase in blood supply and circulation to hand and scalp nourish and augment both hair and nail fibre and quality. Science has yet to disclose any conclusive reasoning for the functioning of any matter than cannot be to a degree falsifiable.

Scientist accomplished and proficient in spirituality yield greater results and advances than those who know not the quantum mass and matter of self. The imagination is required to hold a belief for it to be proved. Flat earther’s refusal to concede the earth is round, or to travel to such parts as to verify validity of supposition cannot be moved, likened to atheists a rallying group of anti God heathens endeavouring to disprove a God they cannot and are unable to define. Complete nonsense.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
It may be a hypothesis based upon the legend of Samson. This tale alleges the power and might of the great Warlord Samson lay in his long tresses. Upon the engineered cutting of the same, Samson lost his force and fortitude and became subjugated in capture by his enemies. The hair was cut by an evil queen or consort of the then presiding king.

The tale is told metaphorically for interpretation to arise according to the wisdom and learning aptitude of each who relates it.

Some maintain hair and nail matter are both dead, yet we know increase in blood supply and circulation to hand and scalp nourish and augment both hair and nail fibre and quality. Science has yet to disclose any conclusive reasoning for the functioning of any matter than cannot be to a degree falsifiable.

Scientist accomplished and proficient in spirituality yield greater results and advances than those who know not the quantum mass and matter of self. The imagination is required to hold a belief for it to be proved. Flat earther’s refusal to concede the earth is round, or to travel to such parts as to verify validity of supposition cannot be moved, likened to atheists a rallying group of anti God heathens endeavouring to disprove a God they cannot and are unable to define. Complete nonsense.
You lost me with the 4th paragraph. I would love a clarification.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
"There are eighty-four meridian points on the upper palate of a human's mouth. One can feel that upper palate with the tongue and experience its different surfaces. There are two rows of meridian points on the upper palate and on the gum behind the upper teeth. The tongue stimulates those meridian points, and they in turn stimulate the hypothalamus which makes the pineal gland radiate. When the pineal gland radiates, it creates an impulsation in the pituitary gland. When the pituitary gland gives impulsation, the entire glandular system secretes and a human being obtains bliss. This is the science. Gurbani is the combination of the tongue with the meridian points. When you read and recite Gurbani, it stimulates your hypothalamus. It is totally different than any scriptures because Gurbani is made in a scientific way."
quote]
Totally off topic, but interesting nonetheless. Please make a new thread. I would love to discuss this there. I have a few quesitons as well.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
in other thread i asked a few qns

You mentioned that Bddhist monks don't want and frequency vibration and that's why they shave

well i have seen buddhist monks wear caps and also cover their head while meditating.

Also
it was mentioned that pagg helps channelise only one frequency, so does the type of pagg being tied changes the frequency?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
quote]
Totally off topic, but interesting nonetheless. Please make a new thread. I would love to discuss this there. I have a few quesitons as well.

BhagatSingh ji -- much appreciated comment. Yes, please everyone stay on topic because this topic is going to get complicated on its own. :roll:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
in other thread i asked a few qns

You mentioned that Bddhist monks don't want and frequency vibration and that's why they shave

well i have seen buddhist monks wear caps and also cover their head while meditating.

Also
it was mentioned that pagg helps channelise only one frequency, so does the type of pagg being tied changes the frequency?

If one wore a pagg or head cover
without the antenna channels inside,
it's like a wire coating without the copper in it.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If one wore a pagg or head cover
it's like a wire coating without the copper in it.

You know -- you are right! :idea:

I am wondering if anyone is permitted to make the case that almost anything can be an antenna. That some antennas are better than others. And that hair is not a better antenna than other organic or inorganic composites in nature, and hair is not even a good antenna.

Did the Gurus subscribe to the antenna theory? or (pardon the semi-pun) did they have something else on their minds when they promoted the value of kesh?

Just asking.....:whisling:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jios - Another problem. What kind of antennas are we talking about? In the animal kingdom or in relation to sending/receiving vibrations from the universe? Or both?

In the animal kingdom

"Antennae." 22 April 2008. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/antennae-info.htm> 03 September 2008.

"Antennae, or Feelers, jointed sense organs located on the heads of centipedes, millipedes, crustaceans, and certain insects. Crustaceans typically have two pairs of antennae; insects have one pair.

'Antennae serve many functions. In most insects they are organs of touch, taste, smell, and hearing. In some water beetles they act as respiratory organs; in certain crustaceans they are used for locomotion. In many social insects antennae serve as organs of communication.

'Insect antennae vary in length and shape from species to species, and sometimes according to sex. The antennae of some insects are longer than the body, those of others are short bristles. Insect antennae may be threadlike, beadlike, elbowed, saw-toothed, feathery, or club-shaped."

When sending/receiving vibrations

Brain, Marshall. "How Radio Works." 07 December 2000. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/radio.htm> 03 September 2008.

Antenna Basics

" You have probably noticed that almost every radio you see (like your cell phone, the radio in your car, etc.) has an antenna. Antennas come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the frequency the antenna is trying to receive. The antenna can be anything from a long, stiff wire (as in the AM/FM radio antennas on most cars) to something as bizarre as a satellite dish. Radio transmitters also use extremely tall antenna towers to transmit their signals.

'The idea behind an antenna in a radio transmitter is to launch the radio waves into space. In a receiver, the idea is to pick up as much of the transmitter's power as possible and supply it to the tuner. For satellites that are millions of miles away, NASA uses huge dish antennas up to 200 feet (60 meters ) in diameter!

'The size of an optimum radio antenna is related to the frequency of the signal that the antenna is trying to transmit or receive. The reason for this relationship has to do with the speed of light, and the distance electrons can travel as a result. The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second (300,000 kilometers per second). On the next page, we'll use this number to calculate a real-life antenna size. "

More questions: So does hair act like a sense organ receiving sensory information? Does hair contribute to breathing or respiration? Does it help with locomotion? Do we use hair to communicate? Does hair launch vibrations into space?

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<If one wore a pagg or head cover
it's like a wire coating without the copper in it.>>

namjapji

what about people with hair and wearing different type of paggs ?

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
aadji

you have a point. Antenna need not be something people make it to be,

head hair as antenna sounds like a science fiction based on popular childhood images people have of aliens or robots

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
<<If one wore a pagg or head cover
it's like a wire coating without the copper in it.>>

namjapji

what about people with hair and wearing different type of paggs ?

Yes NamJap ji -- Would it be more like a fibre optic cable or more like a telephone wire? Amarsanghera ji has asked an intriguing question. :yes:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM