• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

GuruDuarai Hoi Sojhi Paaisee

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ]
iksu hau syvI ikAw jpu krI sqgur pUCau jwie ]
sqgur kw Bwxw mMin leI ivchu Awpu gvwie ]
eyhw syvw cwkrI nwmu vsY min Awie ]
nwmY hI qy suKu pweIAY scY sbid suhwie ]1]
mn myry Anidnu jwgu hir cyiq ]
AwpxI KyqI riK lY kUMj pVYgI Kyiq ]1] rhwau ]
mn kIAw ieCw pUrIAw sbid rihAw BrpUir ]
BY Bwie Bgiq krih idnu rwqI hir jIau vyKY sdw hdUir ]
scY sbid sdw mnu rwqw BRmu gieAw srIrhu dUir ]
inrmlu swihbu pwieAw swcw guxI ghIru ]2]
jo jwgy sy aubry sUqy gey muhwie ]
scw sbdu n pCwixE supnw gieAw ivhwie ]
suM\y Gr kw pwhuxw ijau AwieAw iqau jwie ]
mnmuK jnmu ibrQw gieAw ikAw muhu dysI jwie ]3]
sB ikCu Awpy Awip hY haumY ivic khnu n jwie ]
gur kY sbid pCwxIAY duKu haumY ivchu gvwie ]
sqguru syvin Awpxw hau iqn kY lwgau pwie ]
nwnk dir scY sicAwr hih hau iqn bilhwrY jwau ]4]21]54]

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
Whom shall I serve? What shall I chant? I will go and ask the Guru.
I will accept the Will of the True Guru, and eradicate selfishness from within.
By this work and service, the Naam shall come to dwell within my mind.
Through the Naam, peace is obtained; I am adorned and embellished by the True Word of the Shabad. ||1||
O my mind, remain awake and aware night and day, and think of the Lord.
Protect your crops, or else the birds shall descend on your farm. ||1||Pause||
The desires of the mind are fulfilled, when one is filled to overflowing with the Shabad.
One who fears, loves, and is devoted to the Dear Lord day and night, sees Him always close at hand.
Doubt runs far away from the bodies of those, whose minds remain forever attuned to the True Word of the Shabad.
The Immaculate Lord and Master is found. He is True; He is the Ocean of Excellence. ||2||
Those who remain awake and aware are saved, while those who sleep are plundered.
They do not recognize the True Word of the Shabad, and like a dream, their lives fade away.
Like guests in a deserted house, they leave just exactly as they have come.
The life of the self-willed manmukh passes uselessly. What face will he show when he passes beyond? ||3||
God Himself is everything; those who are in their ego cannot even speak of this.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is realized, and the pain of egotism is eradicated from within.
I fall at the feet of those who serve their True Guru.
O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who are found to be true in the True Court. ||4||21||54||

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Sardara Ji,

If a person is interested in Sikhism and asks the same question, then I suppose we cannot answer it - simply because our blind faith (belief) exceeds our experience.

So what's the reason for them to come into Sikhism - even idol worshippers have blind faith.

naamjap ji,

what question?

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
mwJ mhlw 3 ]
Awpy rMgy shij suBwey ]
gur kY sbid hir rMgu cVwey ]
mnu qnu rqw rsnw rMig clUlI BY Bwie rMgu cVwvixAw ]1]
hau vwrI jIau vwrI inrBau mMin vswvixAw ]
gur ikrpw qy hir inrBau iDAwieAw ibKu Baujlu sbid qrwvixAw ]1] rhwau ]
mnmuK mugD krih cqurweI ]
nwqw Doqw Qwie n pweI ]
jyhw AwieAw qyhw jwsI kir Avgx pCoqwvixAw ]2]
mnmuK AMDy ikCU n sUJY ]
mrxu ilKwie Awey nhI bUJY ]
mnmuK krm kry nhI pwey ibnu nwvY jnmu gvwvixAw ]3]
scu krxI sbdu hY swru ]
pUrY guir pweIAY moK duAwru ]
Anidnu bwxI sbid suxwey sic rwqy rMig rMgwvixAw ]4]
rsnw hir ris rwqI rMgu lwey ]
mnu qnu moihAw shij suBwey ]
shjy pRIqmu ipAwrw pwieAw shjy shij imlwvixAw ]5]
ijsu AMdir rMgu soeI gux gwvY ]
gur kY sbid shjy suiK smwvY ]
hau bilhwrI sdw iqn ivthu gur syvw icqu lwvixAw ]6]
scw sco sic pqIjY ]
gur prswdI AMdru BIjY ]
bYis suQwin hir gux gwvih Awpy kir siq mnwvixAw ]7]
ijs no ndir kry so pwey ]
gur prswdI haumY jwey ]
nwnk nwmu vsY mn AMqir dir scY soBw pwvixAw ]8]8]9]

Maajh, Third Mehl:
He Himself imbues us with His Love, with effortless ease.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, we are dyed in the color of the Lord's Love.
This mind and body are so imbued, and this tongue is dyed in the deep crimson color of the poppy. Through the Love and the Fear of God, we are dyed in this color. ||1||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who enshrine the Fearless Lord within their minds.
By Guru's Grace, I meditate on the Fearless Lord; the Shabad has carried me across the poisonous world-ocean. ||1||Pause||
The idiotic self-willed manmukhs try to be clever,
but in spite of their bathing and washing, they shall not be acceptable.
As they came, so shall they go, regretting the mistakes they made. ||2||
The blind, self-willed manmukhs do not understand anything;
death was pre-ordained for them when they came into the world, but they do not understand.
The self-willed manmukhs may practice religious rituals, but they do not obtain the Name; without the Name, they lose this life in vain. ||3||
The practice of Truth is the essence of the Shabad.
Through the Perfect Guru, the gate of salvation is found.
So, night and day, listen to the Word of the Guru's Bani, and the Shabad. Let yourself be colored by this love. ||4||
The tongue, imbued with the Lord's Essence, delights in His Love.
My mind and body are enticed by the Lord's Sublime Love.
I have easily obtained my Darling Beloved; I am intuitively absorbed in celestial peace. ||5||
Those who have the Lord's Love within, sing His Glorious Praises;
through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they are intuitively absorbed in celestial peace.
I am forever a sacrifice to those who dedicate their consciousness to the Guru's Service. ||6||
The True Lord is pleased with Truth, and only Truth.
By Guru's Grace, one's inner being is deeply imbued with His Love.
Sitting in that blessed place, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, who Himself inspires us to accept His Truth. ||7||
That one, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace, obtains it.
By Guru's Grace, egotism departs.
O Nanak, that one, within whose mind the Name dwells, is honored in the True Court. ||8||8||9||

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar
Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi
SGGS JI
ANG 60
SATGURU PRASAAD

ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨ ਊਪਜੈ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
bin gur preeth n oopajai houmai mail n jaae ||
Without the Guru, love does not well up, and the filth of egotism does not depart.

ਸੋਹੰ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੀਐ ਸਬਦਿ ਭੇਦਿ ਪਤੀਆਇ ॥
sohan aap pashhaaneeai sabadh bhaedh patheeaae ||
One who recognizes within himself that, ""He is me"", and who is pierced through by the Shabad, is satisfied.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੀਐ ਅਵਰ ਕਿ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਇ ॥੯॥
guramukh aap pashhaaneeai avar k karae karaae ||9||
When one becomes Gurmukh and realizes his own self, what more is there left to do or have done? ||9||

ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੇਲੀਐ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲੇ ਪਤੀਆਇ ॥
miliaa kaa kiaa maeleeai sabadh milae patheeaae ||
Why speak of union to those who are already united with the Lord? Receiving the Shabad, they are satisfied.

ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਸੋਝੀ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਵੀਛੁੜਿ ਚੋਟਾ ਖਾਇ ॥
manamukh sojhee naa pavai veeshhurr chottaa khaae ||
The self-willed manmukhs do not understand; separated from Him, they endure beatings.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਰੁ ਘਰੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜੀ ਜਾਇ ॥੧੦॥੧੧॥
naanak dhar ghar eaek hai avar n dhoojee jaae ||10||11||
O Nanak, there is only the one door to His Home; there is no other place at all. ||10||11||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan
Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee
charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Pray for Truth and Say Satsriakaal

Dear All and Sardar Jee,

I was expecting an answer like yes or no for the first question :

Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate

Is this the gurdwara we go to to listen to kirtan and have langgar ?

The Second question is :

What is the True Word of His Bani ?

Definition.

If you're going to give me more gurbani verses, you'll be confusing me because all I would do is read and read without understanding it.

Suneai manneai mann keeta bhaou.......

I need to hear from someone who's got real experience. No need to be shy about it. God won't penalise you for trying to explain your experiences.

There are many who have experienced and explained in their own words their findings about what gurbani explains in poetic form.

THE OBJECTIVE AND SUBJECTIVE ASPECTS OF NAAM
This Principle has two aspects, the one objective and the other subjective. The objective refers to the various qualities pertaining to His manifestations. It has its own use which will be dealt with later under the heading of Simran. The subjective is the "quintessential reality" which is at the core of all religious books. Without it there can be no creation, no spiritual advancement. Without it, nothing whatsoever can come into existence. This can be understood by a simple example, say that of water. The word "water" is the name, and not the thing itself which it represents. Just the same, Naam or Word, has its two aspects: one the name and the second the "conscious spirit" it represents--working at the back of all creation. It is very difficult to describe this in words.
The Naam, or the subjective Reality or Word, had been there from the very beginning, and was there before the creation. It was a "Nameless-Something" which was God, from whose Conscious Manifestation a wish projected, accompanied by vibration which expressed itself in Sound and Light Principles. As the conscious current flowed down, it formed spiritual planes. With its further descent, it became the source of creation of the spiritual-material and the material planes. This Current-Consciousness emanated from God and is the Creator and Sustainer of all the universe with various planes and sub-planes. The term Shabd or Word as used by Nanak, signifies that Spiritual Current which expresses itself in Light Principle and resounds in fullness in its subtle spiritual planes. This Naam or Word helps in the elevation and edification of spirit, which being essentially of the same substance as Naam, is attracted by the latter, for "Spirit is the Breath of God"-(Bible). "It is the soul of God" -(Quran). All the saints of the world who came either before or after Guru Nanak, have sung the praises of this creative Life Principle or Word. A few quotations will enable the reader to be convinced of this basic Truth as given in all the religious books.

EVIDENCES FROM THE VARIOUS RELIGIONS
Christianity: Saint John has stated in his Gospel:
  • In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. --St. John I: 1-3 By the Word of the Lord were the heavens made.
Again:
  • He spoke and it was done. --Psalm 33: 6, 9
    Upholding all things by the Word of His Power.--Hebrews 1:3
    The grass withereth, the flower fadeth but the Word of God shall stand forever.--Isaiah 40:8
    Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven.--Psalm 119:89 St. Paul said: For the Word of God is quick (living) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of thoughts and interests of heart. --Hebrews 4:12
Hinduism: According to the Hindu theological books, the whole creation was made through Nad. They also refer to It as Akash Bani (voice coming down from the Heavens). We have references to It even in the Vedas, the ancient scriptures of the world. We read of It in the Upanishads, as for instance, the Nad Bind Upanishads, which deal with the matter in a very lucid manner. The Hatha Toga Pradipaka also speaks of this Sound Principle.
  • He has taken the support of the Word, the melodious Tune.
    -- Chandogya Upanishad
    Let Yogi sit on Sidh Asan and while practising the Vaisnavi mudra,
    he should hear the Sound through his right ear.
    --Nad Bind Upanishad
    By communion with the Word he will become deaf to the external sounds,
    and will attain the Turiya Pad or a state of equipoise within a fortnight.
    --Nad Bind Upanishad First the murmuring sounds resembling those of the waves of oceans,
    the fall of rain and the running rivulets and then Bheri will be heard
    intermingled with the sounds of bell and conch, etc.
Madame Blavatsky, the founder of the THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY, in her book "Voice of the Silence," states that several sounds are heard when holding communion. "The first is like the nightingale's sweet voice, chanting a parting song to its mate. The next, resembles the sound of silver cymbals of the Dhyanis, awakening the twinkling stars. It is followed by plain melodies of the ocean's spirit, imprisoned in the conch shell, which in turn gives place to the chant of Vina. The melodious flute-like symphony is then heard. It changes into a trumpet-blast, vibrating like the dull rumbling of a thunder cloud. The seventh swallows all other sounds. They die and then are heard no more."
Mohammedanism: Among the Muslim Sufis, it is known as Sultan-ul-Azkar, (the king of prayers). Another order of Sufis calls it Saut-i-Sarmadi, (the Divine Song). They also call it Nida-i-Asmani, (the sound coming down from the (Heavens), Kalam-i-Qadim (the ancient sound) and the Kalma or Word. The fourteen regions were made by the Kalma--the Word.
Khawaja Hafiz, a great divine, says:
  • From the turret of the Heaven a call bids thee Home.
    But fallen into the snares thou listeneth not.
    No one knows where the Mansion of the Beloved lies,
    But sure enough the chiming of the bells proceeds therefrom.
Again:
  • Take the stop-{censored} from thy ears, and hear thou the voice of emancipation,
    coming to thee.
    Attach not to the material world.
    The Elixir of life is showering from above.
    The beat of love while sounding in the Heavens,
    Sounds blessings to the souls of the devotees."
Maulana Rumi, in his Masnavi says:
  • Grow not skeptical, but attune thyself to the Sound coming down
    from the Heavens.
    Thy soul shall have revelations from afar.
    What are these but glimpses of the Unrevealed:
    Were I to speak of these sweet melodies
    Even the dead shall rise from their graves.
Again:
  • Rise above the horizon, O brave soul, and hear the melodious song
    coming from the highest heaven.
Prophet Mohammed says:
  • The Voice of God comes unto my ears as any other sounds.
Shah Niaz, another Muslim devotee, says:
Soul is the Will and the Secret of God. Its meditation is carried without the help of tongue and palate. Alas! thou art stuck fast in the physical bondage and do not hear the Holy Sound of God. My Beloved is speaking to thee all the while, but woe to thee for thou heareth not the Voice.
The whole universe is resounding with the Sound, and thou hast only to open the door of thine ear.
For opening the ear, it is sufficient to stop hearing the outer sounds. If you do this, you will hear the perpetual and unending Sound. It is infinite and has no beginning nor end, and on account of that, it it called Anhad (without any limits). Without this Word--the Eternal Sound- an infinite expression of the Infinite, the world could not have come into existence. Hold communion with the Melodious Sound and lose yourself in it, O wise man.
Kabir Sahib says:
Without the Word, Sound or Eternal Song, the soul sees not. Where could she go? As she cannot fathom the mystery of the 'Word,' she is wandering from place to place. --Kabir
Mind hankereth after evils; through the Word, the Master restraineth it.
--Guru Teg Bahadur
Through the medium of Word, soul doth cross the endless ocean of matter. Lowly Nanak, therefore, glorifies His Naam (the Word). --Ram Kali M.1
The Word is both earth and ether. TheSe had their being through the Word. This Word expressed itself in other aspects as well. The whole creation sprang up after the Word. O Nanak, that endless Word is reverberating in each heart.
The all-pervading Word has attracted all my mind. What else have I to think of? Communion of the soul with the Word creates everlasting Bliss. At-one-ment with the Lord procures the Essence of Joy and Peace. --Shri Rag M.1
I am emancipated. The God-Man has un-fettered me. Through the communion of soul with the Word, I have gained the resplendent seat of honour: O Nanak, the all-pervading Naam or the Word dwelleth in the hearts of all. The company of the Gurmukhs procures communion with It. --Malar M.1
Far off, on the other shore, is my Beloved. The God-man's Word, alone, carries the soul across. In the company of saints, man is in clover and never repents.
--Tukhari M.1
How can the ignorant get to the principle of union of soul with the Word ? Without communion with the Word, soul comes and goes. O Nanak, the Gurmukh who is himself emancipated, meets by the merciful Writ of the Lord. --Maru M.1
The creation and the ultimate dissolution of the universe is caused through the Word. Again, through Word, it takes its existence anew. --Magh M.3
By good luck, the Lord consort has become ours. The Endless Song (the Word), resounding everywhere, gives a clue to His Court. --Bilawal M.5
The Word made all the earthly systems. --Gauri M.5

Tulsi Das says:
He is the true saint, who talks about the secret of the Divine Word (the Eternal Song). Having scrutinised the Unknowable and the Unthinkable. He has realised the Bani (the Eternal Song).

Last edited:

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Pray for Truth and Say Satsriakaal

Dear All and Sardar Jee,

I was expecting an answer like yes or no for the first question :

Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate

Is this the gurdwara we go to to listen to kirtan and have langgar ?

The Second question is :

Definition. If you're going to give me more gurbani verses, you'll be confusing me because all I would do is read and read without understanding it.

Suneai manneai mann keeta bhaou.......

I need to hear from someone who's got real experience. No need to be shy about it. God won't penalise you for trying to explain your experiences.

There are many who have experienced and explained in their own words their findings about what gurbani explains in poetic form.

Guru Ramdas Ji goes on to tell of the
greatness of the gurusikh:

I will sacrifice myself for him who
has seen the beloved Satguru.

I will sacrifice myself for those who

serve the Guru,

Hari, Hari, is Your Name;
In the depth of our misery You
appear;
By serving the Guru, the Gurumukh
gains his freedom.

Comments please.

Naamjap Ji,

Guru Ji explained everything- THEIR OWN REAL EXPERIENCE and OTHER GOD REALIZED SOUL'S EXPERIENCES.

If Guru's words dont give you understanding- who am I!

:wah::wah::wah:

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
pauVI ]
siqguru syiv insMgu Brmu cukweIAY ]
siqguru AwKY kwr su kwr kmweIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu q nwmu iDAweIAY ]
lwhw Bgiq su swru gurmuiK pweIAY ]
mnmuiK kUVu gubwru kUVu kmweIAY ]
scy dY dir jwie scu cvWeIAY ]
scY AMdir mhil sic bulweIAY ]
nwnk scu sdw sicAwru sic smweIAY ]15]

Pauree:
Serve the True Guru fearlessly, and your doubt shall be dispelled.
Do that work which the True Guru asks you to do.
When the True Guru becomes merciful, we meditate on the Naam.
The profit of devotional worship is excellent. It is obtained by the Gurmukh.
The self-willed manmukhs are trapped in the darkness of falsehood; they practice nothing but falsehood.
Go to the Gate of Truth, and speak the Truth.
The True Lord calls the true ones to the Mansion of His Presence.
O Nanak, the true ones are forever true; they are absorbed in the True Lord. ||15||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sardara Ji,

I think we posted at the same time. You may want to review the additions made to my post and comment on them also.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
still the same NaamJap Ji,

Guru Ji explained everything- THEIR OWN REAL EXPERIENCE and OTHER GOD REALIZED SOUL'S EXPERIENCES.

If Guru's words dont give you understanding- who am I!

:wah::wah::wah:

Me neech like to share Guru Ji's words: Guru Ji's True Experience-The Eternal Truth.
Whose experience can be greater than Guru Ji's!

pauVI ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu q srDw pUrIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu n kbhUM JUrIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu qw duKu n jwxIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu qw hir rMgu mwxIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu qw jm kw fru kyhw ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu qw sd hI suKu dyhw ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu qw nv iniD pweIAY ]
siqguru hoie dieAwlu q sic smweIAY ]25]

Pauree:
When the True Guru is merciful, then your desires will be fulfilled.
When the True Guru is merciful, you will never grieve.
When the True Guru is merciful, you will know no pain.
When the True Guru is merciful, you will enjoy the Lord's Love.
When the True Guru is merciful, then why should you fear death?
When the True Guru is merciful, the body is always at peace.
When the True Guru is merciful, the nine treasures are obtained.
When the True Guru is merciful, you shall be absorbed in the True Lord. ||25||

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Sardara123 said:
Guru Ji's True Experience-The Eternal Truth.
Whose experience can be greater than Guru Ji's!

Nobody's.

I am always surprised at those people who call themselves Sikhs and they keep on telling that they can't understand Gurbani. There is always an excuse readily available-it is poetry(and they will be the first ones to explain a song otherwise), don't know punjabi(and they will learn French to visit france where they stay just for a week, but can't learn Gurmukhi for their Guru which they want to understand for ever),
English translation is off the context(for everything they dont believe and anything that is according to their thinking, translation is never wrong there).

All excuses to stop and discourage others from reading the Eternal Truth. These are the people who are always on the verge of proving -God is Guru but Guru is NOT God, Gurbani explains it to be true both ways: God is Guru and Guru is God, but for them it can't be beacuse they say so.

In the name of contemplation and Vichaar they want to debate and pose to be confused at any reply you will make- Gurbani or your own understanding.

One who is a Sikh(in reality)- believes in every word of Guru Ji. Sardara Ji keep on guiding us with Gurbani as you have been. Please continue.

For a new Sikh:

If a person is exploring Sikhi, He must read SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI Because the person has to taste the truth before accepting it, AND GURBANI IS THE TRUTH.

Charan Saran Guru Ek Paindaa Jai chal
Satguru Kot Paindaa Aagay Hoi Layte Hai

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Water of Life is also known as Naam.

A connection with this awakens the soul and makes it aware of the God within. It is no good saying, "dollar, dollar," if one wishes to have money; it must be earned in some way.

By uttering the name of the Lord, one may gain some small interest in Him, or get some direction toward Him, which will certainly earn good karma; but it does not give a connection with Him.

It is something quite different to see that Power working in reality, and to thereby know that oneself is not the doer of anything.

A Gurumukh is he who has become the mouthpiece of his Guru, one who truly takes the Guru as the ever-present Lord and keeps his head low before all his Guru's commands.

The best attitude of mind is to sincerely serve in humility, and in more and more humility.
Then the Guru will come by himself. God Himself makes the soul hungry-and then He feeds it.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Those who do the dhyan of the Naam are accepted at God's court;
For them, 0 Nanak, will 1 forever sacrifice myself.

Those who meditate on Naam not only succeed spiritually but in worldly attainment also. They are the lighthouses which give Light to the whole world as long as they are in the world.
Christ also said, As long us I urn in the world, I am the light of the world [John 9:5].

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
So the Gurumukh's life is lived in constant remembrance. The new life starts from initiation, and then he lives on remembrance, remembrance, remembrance which increases that new life-it begins to surge within. As a person thinks, so does he become. It starts as a
remembrance, but eventually the remembrance occurs by itself-that means he
has become that very remembrance.

The True Master never says, "I am the Guru," but rather "God is the Guru."
Guru Gobind Singh says,​
Think of me as the servant-but there is no difjerence between us. He also says, I have come to see the world's play.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar

Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi

SGGS JI

SATGURU PRASAAD

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
aasaa mehalaa 5 ||
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਗਾਵਿ ਲੇਹਿ ਤੂ ਗਾਵਨਹਾਰੇ ॥
gaav laehi thoo gaavanehaarae ||
O singer, sing of the One,

ਜੀਅ ਪਿੰਡ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਅਧਾਰੇ ॥
jeea pindd kae praan adhhaarae ||
who is the Support of the soul, the body and the breath of life.

ਜਾ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਹਿ ॥
jaa kee saevaa sarab sukh paavehi ||
Serving Him, all peace is obtained.

ਅਵਰ ਕਾਹੂ ਪਹਿ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਨ ਜਾਵਹਿ ॥੧॥
avar kaahoo pehi bahurr n jaavehi ||1||
You shall no longer go to any other. ||1||

ਸਦਾ ਅਨੰਦ ਅਨੰਦੀ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਗੁਨ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤ ਜਾਪੀਐ ॥
sadhaa anandh anandhee saahib gun nidhhaan nith nith jaapeeai ||
My Blissful Lord Master is forever in bliss; meditate continually and forever, on the Lord, the treasure of excellence.

ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਾਸੀਐ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
balihaaree this santh piaarae jis prasaadh prabh man vaaseeai || rehaao ||
I am a sacrifice to the Beloved Saints; by their kind favor, God comes to dwell in the mind. ||Pause||

ਜਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਨੁ ਨਿਖੂਟੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
jaa kaa dhaan nikhoottai naahee ||
His gifts are never exhausted.

ਭਲੀ ਭਾਤਿ ਸਭ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਹੀ ॥
bhalee bhaath sabh sehaj samaahee ||
In His subtle way, He easily absorbs all.

ਜਾ ਕੀ ਬਖਸ ਨ ਮੇਟੈ ਕੋਈ ॥
jaa kee bakhas n maettai koee ||
His benevolence cannot be erased.

ਮਨਿ ਵਾਸਾਈਐ ਸਾਚਾ ਸੋਈ ॥੨॥
man vaasaaeeai saachaa soee ||2||
So enshrine that True Lord within your mind. ||2||

ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਪੂਰਨ ॥
sagal samagree grih jaa kai pooran ||
His house is filled with all sorts of articles;

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਦੂਖ ਨ ਝੂਰਨ ॥
prabh kae saevak dhookh n jhooran ||
God's servants never suffer pain.

ਓਟਿ ਗਹੀ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
outt gehee nirabho padh paaeeai ||
Holding to His Support, the state of fearless dignity is obtained.

ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਨ ਨਿਧਿ ਗਾਈਐ ॥੩॥
saas saas so gun nidhh gaaeeai ||3||
With each and every breath, sing of the Lord, the treasure of excellence. ||3||

ਦੂਰਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਕਤਹੂ ਜਾਈਐ ॥
dhoor n hoee kathehoo jaaeeai ||
He is not far from us, wherever we go.

ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
nadhar karae thaa har har paaeeai ||
When He shows His Mercy, we obtain the Lord, Har, Har.

ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਕਰੀ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ ॥
aradhaas karee poorae gur paas ||
I offer this prayer to the Perfect Guru.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮੰਗੈ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੫॥੯੯॥
naanak mangai har dhhan raas ||4||5||99||
Nanak begs for the treasure of the Lord's Name. ||4||5||99||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan

Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
INTOXICATION

The intoxication of Naam, 0 Nanak, inebriates day and night.

Guru Nanak met the famous King Babar and boldly told him, "The intoxication you enjoy in the evening wears off in the morning, but the intoxication I enjoy remains night and day." It is the soul's color--or you can call it the color of Ram. He who meets the Satguru and follows his word, gets this color.

Satguru is the Giver of this blessing,

which he gives out of compassion

Thank You Sardara and Ambar Jios,

I've got my answers in this beautiful satsang. May the force be with you.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
mann re gurmukh agann nivaar
gur ka kahyaa mann vasai haumae trisna maar(please forgive me for my spellings)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Jul 10, 2006
and enshrine love for the True Word of His Bani.
Then, you shall find the Gate of Salvation.

Kaur 1 Ji,

ਭਨਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਰੇ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
bhanath naanak karae veechaar ||
Prays Nanak, practice contemplation,

ਸਾਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਿਉ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
saachee baanee sio dhharae piaar ||
and enshrine love for the True Word of His Bani.

ਤਾ ਕੋ ਪਾਵੈ ਮੋਖ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥
thaa ko paavai mokh dhuaar ||
Then, you shall find the Gate of Salvation.
( Ang 661)

saachee = True

baanee = Gurbani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

As Banee is:

Satigur kee bani satt saroop hai gurbani baneeai

The Word of the True Guru/God 'Bani' is the embodiment of Truth; therefore, realize Gurbani
(Ang 304)

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
I am always surprised at those people who call themselves Sikhs and they keep on telling that they can't understand Gurbani. There is always an excuse readily available-it is poetry(and they will be the first ones to explain a song otherwise), don't know punjabi(and they will learn French to visit france where they stay just for a week, but can't learn Gurmukhi for their Guru which they want to understand for ever),
English translation is off the context(for everything they dont believe and anything that is according to their thinking, translation is never wrong there).

All excuses to stop and discourage others from reading the Eternal Truth. These are the people who are always on the verge of proving -God is Guru but Guru is NOT God, Gurbani explains it to be true both ways: God is Guru and Guru is God, but for them it can't be beacuse they say so.

In the name of contemplation and Vichaar they want to debate and pose to be confused at any reply you will make- Gurbani or your own understanding.

One who is a Sikh(in reality)- believes in every word of Guru Ji. Sardara Ji keep on guiding us with Gurbani as you have been. Please continue.

For a new Sikh:

If a person is exploring Sikhi, He must read SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI Because the person has to taste the truth before accepting it, AND GURBANI IS THE TRUTH.

Charan Saran Guru Ek Paindaa Jai chal
Satguru Kot Paindaa Aagay Hoi Layte Hai

One needs to become Gurmukh, that's it. All doubts can get cleared only this way.

GuruDuarai Hoi Sojhi Paaisee :)

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
All good actions bear the fruit of reward, but unless one sees for one's own self, the I-hood remains, and so we remain chained to the wheel of births and deaths. How can the ego be killed?

Shabd burns the ego and attachment
when the Gurumukh sees the Jyoti [Light] within.

It is then that one begins to see that the Lord is doing everything.

What can the poor Wooden puppet do?
The Puppeteer knows.

Hymn by one such great soul who had this realization:

The true facts and stories of the Lord are told by the Guru,
who is the true friend; Unto Him I joyfully surrender myself in sacrifice.

This is a hymn of Guru Ramdas Ji , who saw his Guru as he truly was: one who spoke to them of his experience with God. There are those who give statements about God from the level of the intellect; but there are the rare few also who speak from actual experience. Many
are just lecturers-we should be grateful to anyone who has taught us even a little. Every Saint has his past, and every sinner a future.

Guru Amar Das says,

From the lowest

I became pure, ever

since I sat at God's feet, in the Guru.
I was like a stone sinking in water; He
lifted me up, praise be to the Lord.

When one is pulled up above the level of the senses, one realizes how low one was. Great is the Guru, who not only pulls us up and gives an experience of the Lord, but remains our true friend always.

What is a true friend?
A True Friend
is one who is ulways with you, and never leaves you; He appears even when one is called upon to account for one's actions. Worldly friendship is plentiful enough - children, relatives, acquaintances - but they last as long as selfish desires are fulfilled.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
mhlw 1 mlwr ]
pr dwrw pr Dnu pr loBw haumY ibKY ibkwr ]
dust Bwau qij inMd prweI kwmu k®oDu cMfwr ]1]
mhl mih bYTy Agm Apwr ]
BIqir AMimRqu soeI jnu pwvY ijsu gur kw sbdu rqnu Awcwr ]1] rhwau ]
duK suK doaU sm kir jwnY burw Blw sMswr ]
suiD buiD suriq nwim hir pweIAY sqsMgiq gur ipAwr ]2]
Aihinis lwhw hir nwmu prwpiq guru dwqw dyvxhwru ]
gurmuiK isK soeI jnu pwey ijs no ndir kry krqwru ]3]
kwieAw mhlu mMdru Gru hir kw iqsu mih rwKI joiq Apwr ]
nwnk gurmuiK mhil bulweIAY hir myly mylxhwr ]4]5]

First Mehl, Malaar:
Others' wives, others' wealth, greed, egotism, corruption and poison;
evil passions, slander of others, sexual desire and anger - give up all these. ||1||
The Inaccessible, Infinite Lord is sitting in His Mansion.
That humble being, whose conduct is in harmony with the jewel of the Guru's Shabad, obtains the Ambrosial Nectar. ||1||Pause||
He sees pleasure and pain as both the same, along with good and bad in the world.
Wisdom, understanding and awareness are found in the Name of the Lord. In the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, embrace love for the Guru. ||2||
Day and night, profit is obtained through the Lord's Name. The Guru, the Giver, has given this gift.
That Sikh who becomes Gurmukh obtains it. The Creator blesses him with His Glance of Grace. ||3||
The body is a mansion, a temple, the home of the Lord; He has infused His Infinite Light into it.
O Nanak, the Gurmukh is invited to the Mansion of the Lord's Presence; the Lord unites him in His Union. ||4||5||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM