• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
    Sign up Log in

Guru Nanak’s Visit to Sangrur District

dalvinder45

SPNer
Jul 22, 2023
662
36
79
Kanjhla

1695302763588.png
1695302781454.png

Gurudwara Jhira Sahib Kanjhla, Sangrur
1695302814782.png


1695302843699.png


Gurdwara Jhira Sahib is situated in the village Kanjhla of District Sangrur. It is 18 km from Sangrur and 6 km from Ladda Chowk on Sangrur-Ludhiana road. From Dhuri, the village Kanjhla is 12 km. The villagers of Kanjhla claim that Guru Nanak Ji, Guru Hargobind Ji, and Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji had visited their village successively. A common Gurdwara dedicated to the three Gurus is about a furlong west of the village where a thick growth of shrubs and bushes existed (Jhira in Punjabi language) after which it came to be popularly known as Jhira Sahib. Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place during his First Udasi (preaching tour) while returning fron Sunam and sat at the Hajare Khuh. At this place Guru Ji had discourse with religious head alongwith others and enlightened them. Guru Ji sat at Hajare Khuh and had discussions with local priest and many others. He showed them right path.​

Guru Hargobind Ji also came from village Bhai ki Droli to this place in 1617 ADwhile going to Delhi on the invitation from emperor Jahangir. He stayed for three days and thereafter he moved to Akoi. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji came to this place in 1722 AD during his journey to Malwa region. According to a tradition an old women came to Guru Ji and offered him milk which Guru Ji had. The old women requested Guru Ji to relieve the villagers as most of them were suffering from leprosy. Guru Ji blessed the villagers and slowly the disease disappeared. (1) (7)
Prakash Divas of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Hargobind Ji and Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji are the major annual events. Annual congregations in memory of Baba Bishan Ji and Sant Attar Singh Ji are also held.There is a Sarai in the Gurdwara premises with 12 rooms for pilgrims to stay but facilities available are limited. K{censored}wa of the main building and renovation work of the Sarovar has been completed under the guidance of Baba Harbans Singh Ji. The construction work of Darshani Deodi is in progress. In future K{censored}wa of Langar Hall, Sarai, Diwan Hall is likely to be undertaken.

The foundation of the present building was laid on 18 April 1912 by SantAtar Singh whose disciple, Sant Bishan Singh, completed it in 1937. The sanctum, within a modest sized hall, has marble floor and a canopied seat, also of marble, for the Guru Granth Sahib, with a large dome above. The sarovar is situated at the back of the hall. A separate spacious compound contains the Guru ka Langar and rooms for pilgrims. The Gurdwara owns 35 acres of land and is managed by the Shiromam Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. (6)
References
1. Fauja Sirigh, Guru Teg Bahadur, Yatra Asthan, Prampranvan te yad Chinh. Patiala, 1976
2.Kahn Sirigh, Bhai, Gurshabad Ratnakar, Mahan Kosh. Patiala, 1981
3. Visakha Sirigh Sant, Malwa Itihas. Kishanpuia, 1951
4. Gurudwaras in Punjab 9 To 21 City
5. Gurudwara Sri Jhira Sahib Kanjhla - World Gurudwaras
6. Dhana Singh Chehal, Gur Tirath Cycle Yatra, p. 214
7. Punitinder Kaur Sidhu, Guru Nanak’s Blessed Trail (Punjab), Lonely Planet Global Limited, Punjab October 2019,
 

dalvinder45

SPNer
Jul 22, 2023
662
36
79
Kanjhla

1695521910511.png

Gurudwara Jhira Sahib Kanjhla, Sangrur
Gurdwara Jhira Sahib is situated in the village Kanjhla of District Sangrur. It is 18 km from Sangrur and 6 km from Ladda Chowk on Sangrur-Ludhiana road. From Dhuri, the village Kanjhla is 12 km. The villagers of Kanjhla claim that Guru Nanak Ji, Guru Hargobind Ji, and Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji had visited their village successively. A common Gurdwara dedicated to the three Gurus is about a furlong west of the village where a thick growth of shrubs and bushes existed (Jhira in Punjabi language) after which it came to be popularly known as Jhira Sahib. Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place during his First Udasi (preaching tour) while returning fron Sunam and sat at the Hajare Khuh. At this place Guru Ji had discourse with religious head alongwith others and enlightened them. Guru Ji sat at Hajare Khuh and had discussions with local priest and many others. He showed them right path.
1695521966928.png

Gurudwara Jhira Sahib Kanjhla, Location Map


1695522047814.png

Gurudwara Jhira Sahib Kanjhla, lay out Pln
Guru Hargobind Ji also came from village Bhai ki Droli to this place in 1617 ADwhile going to Delhi on the invitation from emperor Jahangir. He stayed for three days and thereafter he moved to Akoi. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji came to this place in 1722 AD during his journey to Malwa region. According to a tradition an old women came to Guru Ji and offered him milk which Guru Ji had. The old women requested Guru Ji to relieve the villagers as most of them were suffering from leprosy. Guru Ji blessed the villagers and slowly the disease disappeared. (1) (7)



Prakash Divas of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Hargobind Ji and Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji are the major annual events. Annual congregations in memory of Baba Bishan Ji and Sant Attar Singh Ji are also held.There is a Sarai in the Gurdwara premises with 12 rooms for pilgrims to stay but facilities available are limited. K{censored}wa of the main building and renovation work of the Sarovar has been completed under the guidance of Baba Harbans Singh Ji. The construction work of Darshani Deodi is in progress. In future K{censored}wa of Langar Hall, Sarai, Diwan Hall is likely to be undertaken.







The foundation of the present building was laid on 18 April 1912 by SantAtar Singh whose disciple, Sant Bishan Singh, completed it in 1937. The sanctum, within a modest sized hall, has marble floor and a canopied seat, also of marble, for the Guru Granth Sahib, with a large dome above. The sarovar is situated at the back of the hall. A separate spacious compound contains the Guru ka Langar and rooms for pilgrims. The Gurdwara owns 35 acres of land and is managed by the Shiromam Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. (6)
Refernces
1. Fauja Sirigh, Guru Teg Bahadur, Yatra Asthan, Prampranvan te yad Chinh. Patiala, 1976
2. Kahn Sirigh, Bhai, Gurshabad Ratnakar, Mahan Kosh. Patiala, 1981
3. Visakha Sirigh Sant, Malwa Itihas. Kishanpuia, 1951
4. Gurudwaras in Punjab 9 To 21 City
5. Gurudwara Sri Jhira Sahib Kanjhla - World Gurudwaras
6. Dhana Singh Chehal, Gur Tirath Cycle Yatra, p. 214
7. Punitinder Kaur Sidhu, Guru Nanak’s Blessed Trail (Punjab), Lonely Planet Global Limited, Punjab October 2019,
 

Attachments

  • 1695522036092.png
    1695522036092.png
    259.3 KB · Reads: 209
📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel:
Top