• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Guru Nanak In Mecca (In Punjabi)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
See complete article

Attachments

• guru nanak in mecca.jpg
    guru nanak in mecca.jpg
    289.3 KB · Reads: 318

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
or they should use SPN platform :D

Your are sharp as a tack today and have me chuckling. That would really boost our traffic if Rozanna did that. It would also keep Rozanna out of hot water... where sometimes it comes to a boil.

Aman could do it.

The reason why ... my theory anyway ...that jpeg files are used has to do with the Gurmukhi fonts. They would not pose a problem for many people if pages were typed/written in Unicode. But for others, they might not know how to turn Unicode on. That means they would be looking at gibberish fonts with no way to know the problem was correctable. So I think Rozanna and many other sites that publish in Punjabi just take a picture of each typed page, and the upload the image file. Then everyone is looking at the same thing. I don't know if I am correct...just a guess.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Or maybe they scan. They must be using something to type it on a page maker software like word. Type setting it before printing.

I know Sikhi to the max is written in normal text and formatted in Punjabi using fonts. Does SPN support that?

One thing is for sure, Rozanna has poor SEO..

Heh Heh!

Yes, Siki to the Max is written using one Gurbani Web Thick only, and is not readable unless a person downloads the font to his/her fontbook.

Aman is the genius for enhancing SEO, and could help Rozanna with that too.

SPN supports a lot of fonts. Problems can pop up for individual members when a font is not in their fontbook and the browser he/she is using is unhappy with particular fonts on particular pages. That is on the reader's side, not SPN.

I am pretty certain that SPN supports Gurbani Web Thick; but right now I cannot see the link where you go to download fonts. Most of my fonts I did get from SPN.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Heh Heh!

Yes, Siki to the Max is written using one Gurbani Web Thick only, and is not readable unless a person downloads the font to his/her fontbook.

Aman is the genius for enhancing SEO, and could help Rozanna with that too.

SPN supports a lot of fonts. Problems can pop up for individual members when a font is not in their fontbook and the browser he/she is using is unhappy with particular fonts on particular pages. That is on the reader's side, not SPN.

I am pretty certain that SPN supports Gurbani Web Thick; but right now I cannot see the link where you go to download fonts. Most of my fonts I did get from SPN.

All others who use HTMl have these problems..
1. Font SATLUJ has to be downlaoded and installed...BUT certain BROWSWERS dont support certain fonts...SATLUJ which is univwersally used by all Punjabi Mainstream newspapers and online web sites..is gibberish in Firefox..works off on in Googles Chrome..works well ONLy in IE...

2. IMAGES...dont need fonts..no need to download install anything..any one and everyone can SEE the Image straight away..thats the good part..japposatnamwaheguru:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM