• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Guru Gobind Singh Shabad

amstro

SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
SSA everyone. I could not figure out an appropriate section to post this thread in. So please accept my apologies.

I need help tracking a audio shabad. I remember this from my childhood days listening to an audio casette. The words were something like this
"Kahoon kya sakhi Dasham Gur ki kahani, jigar tukde tukde mera ho raha hai
kabhi baap wara kabhi bete warey, yeh kishton se karza ada ho raha hai"
I dont remeber the entire sher or the name of the casette, neithere the artist. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I want to buy this CD/Audio Casette and make sure its not misplaced this time :)
Please help.
Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am going to keep looking. But perhaps you have some of the words here spelling differently. I searched using this line from your post above: Yeh kishton se karza ada ho raha hai. Let me know.. I am playing a hunch. There is an outside chance that this may be what you are looking for. I found it on a blog at this site.

quoted from this source

Random Thoughts: Daam To Na De Sakoon

Daam To Na De Sakoon

Sat Sri Akal (Greetings in Punjabi Language) I chose to write the salutation in Punjabi today as I have something to write about Sikh culture. I recently bought a CD by Bhai Sadhu Singh which had a Shabad - "Daam To Na De Sakoon", which I used to listen when I was in my early teens. My father used to play this a lot. I never understood the depth of this Shabad at that time. Now, I DO. If one listens to the sacrifices made by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji as recited beautifully by Sadhu Singh ji, it's very difficult to stop oneself having tears in your eyes and bow down with deep respect to the majestic tenth Guru of sikhs. You may listen here Daam To Na De Sakoon In today's world, I cannot see anyone making those kind of sacrifices. Sacrifice of both parents, sacrifice of 2 elder sons fighting the battle of Chamkaur Sahib, sacrifice of 2 younder sons being buried alive in a wall at Sirhind. Some one said such deep words about Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Qila chorr ghar tak bhi apna lutaya,
bachpan mein apne pita ko kataya,

Akela hi firta raha woh janglon mein,
Woh bharat pe aashiq fida ho raha hai.

When Guruji's 2 sons and mother lost their way and disciples asked to trace them, Guruji said
Bichhar gaye sri mata bache pyare,
The ghabraye sikh aa hazoori pyare;
Kya fikar karte ho ai jaan nisaro,
Yeh un bachon ka imtihan ho raha hai.

Foreseeing battle for day ahead, Guru ji said about two elder sons,

...Katayoonga kal tak yeh baaki ke jaakar,
...Akela reh jayoonga ghar ko lutakar;
...Kabhi bete waare kabhi waara walid,
...Yeh kishton se karza ada ho raha hai.

end quote

To locate and purchase it, we have to get the title and/or artist first. So, let me know.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM