• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Guribadat Singh is a 17-year-old mountaineer who successfully climbed Mount Everest on May 21, 2013. He was a part of the seven-member Sanawar Everest Expedition 2013.

Singh has scaled two other peaks, during his short but eventful mountaineering career namely the BC Roy Peak and Frey Peak – both situated in the eastern Indian Himalayas. He achieved these feats while training at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) in Darjeeling, in 2012, while just 16.

Born to Delhi based Punjabi Sikh parents on 23rd February 1996, Singh credits his family’s military roots with having shaped his adventurous outlook to life, at a young age. He was fascinated by the life-histories of famous Punjabi Sikh athletes and sports’ stars like Milkha Singh. By age 13, having read several autobiographies on such personalities, Singh realized no one from his ethnic community had ever surmounted the Everest. This fact motivated him to persevere towards being the first Gursikh to scale the world’s tallest mountain – a dream he subsequently realized.

In August 2012, Guribadat Singh was handpicked by Colonel Rana, the former principal of the HMI, to participate in an intensive 45-day training module at the Darjeeling based institute. At the time Singh weighed more than 90-kilos, suffered from vertigo and had no prior fitness training aside from weight-lifting occasionally.

Sharing his experience he said, "I was told to cut my hair due to heavy snow. I was cautioned with chances of paralysis attack. But being a Sikh, I refused to cut down my hair. It was all by god's grace that I manage to clear the aim. At one point of time, I had to sit for about one and a half hour because my sherpa fell asleep and in that particular hour, I was short of oxygen. Later, I asked an official to help me and I continued with the journey".

(Source: http://ambassadors.woodlandworldwide.com/ambassadors-elite/guribadat-singh-49.html#.UjSe4tLryuo , http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130610/cth2.htm)

Attachments

• x5001.jpg
    x5001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Reads: 383

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Guribadat Singh is a 17-year-old mountaineer who successfully climbed Mount Everest on May 21, 2013. He was a part of the seven-member Sanawar Everest Expedition 2013.

Singh has scaled two other peaks, during his short but eventful mountaineering career namely the BC Roy Peak and Frey Peak – both situated in the eastern Indian Himalayas. He achieved these feats while training at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) in Darjeeling, in 2012, while just 16.

Born to Delhi based Punjabi Sikh parents on 23rd February 1996, Singh credits his family’s military roots with having shaped his adventurous outlook to life, at a young age. He was fascinated by the life-histories of famous Punjabi Sikh athletes and sports’ stars like Milkha Singh. By age 13, having read several autobiographies on such personalities, Singh realized no one from his ethnic community had ever surmounted the Everest. This fact motivated him to persevere towards being the first Gursikh to scale the world’s tallest mountain – a dream he subsequently realized.

In August 2012, Guribadat Singh was handpicked by Colonel Rana, the former principal of the HMI, to participate in an intensive 45-day training module at the Darjeeling based institute. At the time Singh weighed more than 90-kilos, suffered from vertigo and had no prior fitness training aside from weight-lifting occasionally.

(Source: http://ambassadors.woodlandworldwide.com/ambassadors-elite/guribadat-singh-49.html#.UjSe4tLryuo , http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130610/cth2.htm)

Guribadat Singh,

Guru Fateh.

All I can say is, Bravo!!!

With this endeavour at the tender age of 17, you are able to jump any hurdles that life offers you.

Congratulations at this great feat of yours!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: