• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Gurmukhi

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
do you have any writing of Farid or Nanak that you can prove it.
I dont understand why there is so much hatred toward hindi. You buy books in HIndi and you can but newspaper in hindi. And you are reading it in hindi.In your shcool diploma there is subject called hindi that you write exjam in hindi and the marks in hindi. Yet every one here saying hindi do not exisit. I have never seen that much hatered toeard language. Show me the profe of gurmuki before the time of Angad Dev then you can say gurmukhi was there before Angad.

Strong words..HATE ??? what proof is there that anyone HATES hindi or anything else ??
are you sure you are not imagining things ??

I confess I cant read or write Hindi/Devnagree script as I am Malaysian and never felt the need to learn it....BUT since GURMUKHI/Punjabi is my mother tongue and script of my Guru...I took the trouble to learn it and learn it good to the point of a University Degree.......BUT that doesnt mean i "hate" other languages !! sheesh. If had been in Punjab..I would have learnt hindi as best as I learnt Gurmukhi and English..Malay..Tamil etc...imho only "shallow" people "hate" KNOWLEDGE/or associate a language with "hate"

Btw I do know for a Fact that many PUNJABI HINDUS/Artya Samajists did write "HINDI" as their Mother tongue when they are Punjabi and speak Punjabi..BUT chose to DENY their MOTHER. Funny ?? they dont speak a word of Hindi...but insist they DO !!
This screwed up the Census in 1971 and earlier. I still wonder..did those people really HATE their mother tongue so much...? Still there have been NO Riots agaisnt Hindi in Punjab....like they have so regularly in the SOUTH. I went to Chennai...and never saw any HINDI on any Public signboards...this link is revealing..Why Hindi People Insist and Tamil Oppose Hindi Signs in Tamil Nadu?

Sorry If I went overboard a little bit....On my each visit to India.I feel the "loss" of not knowing Hindi.....so much "knowledge" avalable FREE of charge..BUT i cant avail myself of it..simply because i dont know Hindi....sheesh..i "HATE" myself..NOT Hindi ? why for heavens sake would anyone do that.....same feeling when i go t Calcutta......so many free Bengali Newspapers..TV Stations..and i cant understand a word....in Bombay..no Martathee language skills drive me up the wall..Recently I spent about 10 hours in a Transit Lounge at Dhaka International Airport....staring at the TV set and not understanding a word of whats being said....anything ?? Did I hate "Bengali" or MYSELF !! for not learning Bengali !!! ?? I KNOW. No offense taken or intended....a Language is just a Language..a TOOL to increase ones knolwedge...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM