• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurmat Sangeet Network - Gurmat Sangeet Video Archive

Feb 20, 2008
Hello Veer ji

Is there recent" Anand Sahib" CD available in the store sung by him?

Veerji there isnt a specific cd made just for Anand Sahib, however on the net there are two recordings available by the gang (raj wale) of Anand Sahib in title Raag Raamkali which they did live at a sikh musical heritage seminar.

heres a link scroll down and look out for the two recordings labeled ANAND SAHIB (SIKH MUSICAL HERITAGE)

raj.maan

or go to
Gurmat Sangeet Project

and you will find the recording there and you will be able to see pictures of the event and get access to some more of the kirtan that they did on that day prior to preforming Anand Sahib

Another thing i would highly recomend is, that you buy Anhad and Mere Munn box set. These two items possess all 60 Raags of Satguru Granth Sahib Ji a worthwhile treasure indeed.

its available from their website
Raj Academy Of Asian Music. - Home
CDs

Feb 20, 2008
Well, I teach small kids mainly and I've given them some raags plus simple tunes. The older students get ghazal tunes and raags too. I write all the notations for them. I also teach tabla to youngsters and adults. Lately I've started Bhajans and Gurbani Vocal for South Indian Adult Hindu students.

wow thats really good what your doing :wah:, may i ask where abouts you are based and what instruments you teach? Then maybe we can take this too pm and discuss some opportunites and proposals?:thumbup:

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
Veerji there isnt a specific cd made just for Anand Sahib, however on the net there are two recordings available by the gang (raj wale) of Anand Sahib in title Raag Raamkali which they did live at a sikh musical heritage seminar.

heres a link scroll down and look out for the two recordings labeled ANAND SAHIB (SIKH MUSICAL HERITAGE)

raj.maan

or go to
Gurmat Sangeet Project

and you will find the recording there and you will be able to see pictures of the event and get access to some more of the kirtan that they did on that day prior to preforming Anand Sahib

Another thing i would highly recomend is, that you buy Anhad and Mere Munn box set. These two items possess all 60 Raags of Satguru Granth Sahib Ji a worthwhile treasure indeed.

its available from their website
Raj Academy Of Asian Music. - Home
CDs

Veer ji

Thanks so much for this information.
Just for information, I am Kaur not Singh. But how can you guess?:)

Feb 20, 2008
Partaal ~ Dedicated To The Life And Work Of Satguru Ram Das
a sneak promo of the latest release by the Academy
YouTube - Partaal ~ Dedicated To The Life And Work Of Satguru Ram Das

Prof. Surinder Singh ~ Raag Dhanasri ~ Gopal Tera Aarta
YouTube - Prof. Surinder Singh ~ Raag Dhanasri ~ Gopal Tera Aarta

Prof. Surinder Singh Ji ~ Saranda ~ Raag Sarang
YouTube - Prof. Surinder Singh Ji ~ Saranda ~ Raag Sarang

Raag Majh Magalacharan and Shaan
YouTube - Prof. Surinder Singh ~ Raag Majh Shaan & Mangalacharan

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:

When I saw this, Wah!

Finally, Professor Surinder Singh -- finally! As regularly as possible the Raj Academy performances are posted on the SPN Calendar. Unfortunately for the rest of the world beyond UK we have to wait for the professor to go on tour to hear his jatha perform.

Professor Surinder Singh has an unbelievable rapport with the other performers. AND his own teacher teaches at the Academy. You can tell I cannot be objective about Raj Academy.

These are kirtaan performances for bhagti. But so much praise is deserved for cultivating the talent of a diverse group of amazing students, the preservation of classical raag as it was heard and sung by our Gurus, and the use of the classical instruments that have a sound that is beyond bliss.

Thankx!

Feb 20, 2008
by the way we are on facebook too, so dont forget to add us.

ID Gurmat Sangeet

ive naughtily made it my name so my forename is gurmat and my surname is sangeet. Dont forget to search and add!

ik-jivan

SPNer
May 3, 2010
In my opinion, Traditional Gurmat Sangeet isn’t only an art, it is a science of communication technology. I strongly feel it should be preserved and promoted and I thank you for your efforts in doing so.

Here's a Wiki on the Gurmat Sangeet and another on the Ragas in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

This heritage is truly a blessing from Guru Nanak Dev ji!

Sat Sri Akal,
t

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM