• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Grace Of The God / ਗੁਰੁ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ / ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
what is this SOS type grace? :)

would you define Waheguru making himself known to you as SOS type grace...?
Hey beautiful man - preserve n dwell on beauty, engage the righteous mind with an attitude of understanding and appreciating - everything will begin to make sense. God is one - Grace is one and requires no translation or explanation. It befalls the destined soul when the time, place, circumstance and situation is deserving and accommodating.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
thats all very well, but what about pure Tibetian grace, that's supposed to be the best grace in the world, .

I wonder if Carlsberg make grace...

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
I can understand when the situation is deserving and accommodating
but in gurmat there is provision for time, place and circumstance.
...there is a place where there is no time no space and no circumstance - alone waheguru, disguised as grace. One day, when you stop thinking and start feeling - you just might get a wee bit of it.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Stop the press!!! *sirens blasting* *lights flashing* *handsome shirtless firemen rushing to the rescue*

Original said:
One day, when you stop thinking and start feeling - you just might get a wee bit of it.

While I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, both tools are necessary in the Sikhs toolkit. I think you're saying that grace is not something that is perceived or understood with the rational, intellectual, carefully discerning bibek budhi, but with the intuitive understanding of surat.

We should be careful to encourage people to 'stop thinking', because rational thinking and behaviour is really what separates Sikhi from practically all religions on this planet so far.

I'm sure this is all what you meant, but just for clarity I thought I'd spell it out. For other future readers. :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Stop the press!!! *sirens blasting* *lights flashing* *handsome shirtless firemen rushing to the rescue*

While I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, both tools are necessary in the Sikhs toolkit. I think you're saying that grace is not something that is perceived or understood with the rational, intellectual, carefully discerning bibek budhi, but with the intuitive understanding of surat.

We should be careful to encourage people to 'stop thinking', because rational thinking and behaviour is really what separates Sikhi from practically all religions on this planet so far.

I'm sure this is all what you meant, but just for clarity I thought I'd spell it out. For other future readers. :)

From my own experience....I read...reread...contemplated....took part in forum threads....read some more...tried to fathom the idea of a formless energy sitting within my very being...something beyond time and space...no measurements...within something that's 5"8...12 stones...and packed full of organs...

No amount of logical thinking was enough....

One day I thought sod this...let's do this. .go with the flow....sit on the roller coaster for real..not just study it's mechanics...

What happened I can never really describe or explain...

All I can do is sit back in my seat on that roler coaster and see where it takes me...logical thinking in this domain went out the window...

Maybe that's what original is saying...

Both play their part on the journey...but one eventually gets left behind...

Then all you can do is offer the spare seat on the roller coaster next to you to someone else...as in inspire others to try it also...

God bless...

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I hear what you're saying, Chaz Ji, but I must disagree with this part

Both play their part on the journey...but one eventually gets left behind...

We should never abandon our intellect and our questioning, measuring things intellectually by the yardstick of Gurbani. To stop thinking is to follow blindly. To stop thinking we end up rejecting the fruits brought to us through intellectual endeavours, like the sciences.

And if we stop thinking, do we stop learning, and therefore stop being Sikhs?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I hear what you're saying, Chaz Ji, but I must disagree with this part

We should never abandon our intellect and our questioning, measuring things intellectually by the yardstick of Gurbani. To stop thinking is to follow blindly. To stop thinking we end up rejecting the fruits brought to us through intellectual endeavours, like the sciences.

And if we stop thinking, do we stop learning, and therefore stop being Sikhs?

Sri guru Nanak Dev ji says...even knowing waheguru onew cannot describeHim. You may try over and over...but you will fail

It means at some point you stop trying to make sense of it...and you just enjoy dive in and experience what's before you...within you.

And this doesn't result in blind faith because you're eating the apple :) ... it's there...happening. . To you and your taking it all in...all those years of contemplating the reality of waheguru and the wonder appears or makes itself known to you.

Of course life continues...one must live. Earn share and help each other... we inspire others throug what we can understand with logic as a support structure providing the lift and courage we need...the rest pulls you into the domain of love ... no formulas, no measurement...no coordinates of time and space...size and distance thrown out the window...a sea of endless possibility emerges....

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK

Ishna G - pls re read - it was specifically for Japjisahib a reply ! Moreover, as something worthwhile, an exercise, I invited you n Chaz to partake in an "a-ha moment" of grace, the real n practical proof of what "gur prasad" is, text #16.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ishna G - pls re read - it was specifically for Japjisahib a reply ! Moreover, as something worthwhile, an exercise, I invited you n Chaz to partake in an "a-ha moment" of grace, the real n practical proof of what "gur prasad" is, text #16.

ok ok I know what this is

no, no wait, it could be

either that or you have to be naked while it all happens!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: