• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gora, Gori

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh

Touche again.

Now, Kindly provide the Evidence of your claims/statements. Or say that you cannot.

Sat Sri Akal (means God is Truth. So Please follow God)
Brother I'm not making any claims this is called exegesis.. I'm sorry that I made the quip about westerns it has obviously erected a wall to our discourse..

Do you not see that the premise that the terminology of redskins is inherently racist.. The native Americans were never a homogeneous group

Balbir27

Look for what is, not what you think should be
Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2017
@sukhsingh

I am absolutely gobsmacked that you have used the word "exegesis" in this context, discussion and scenario. Do you really know the meaning of this word?

The rest of your statements are not worth addressing until you answer the preliminary clear and simple queries put to you.

Sat Sri Akal

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh

I am absolutely gobsmacked that you have used the word "exegesis" in this context, discussion and scenario. Do you really know the meaning of this word?

The rest of your statements are not worth addressing until you answer the preliminary clear and simple queries put to you.

Sat Sri Akal
Brother I say again rather than just make blanket statements.. Let's engage, let's talk. Please tell me exactly what you want to know

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
@sukhsingh

Sat Sri Akal
My application of the word is in the sense that we are exploring and trying to understand through critical reasoning a subject matter.

Why are you so angry.. Please explain to me what you want me to explain

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Incidentally I also grabbed up ‘gorisikh’ as an email address LOL.

I realize some Punjabis (only very very few) might try to use it as a derragatory label, however most don’t but I just choose to ‘own it’ as it were anyway.

SPN proudly had a Gori Sikh as an SPN Admin and @Harkiran Kaur ji is also a Gori Sikh as a SPN Leader! And there have been many many, who have been an integral part of SPN fraternity from time to time.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Yogi Bhajan, the late founder of 3HO used to use Gori and Gora quite often especially when he was amongst the Punjabi Sikhs but always in a derogatory manner, sad to say. The references of these are not worth discussing.

On the subject of Black as Negro in English as a derogatory word is quite cultural.

In Portuguese and also in Spanish (Simranjit ji, please correct me if I am wrong), to say Negro is the right way, not Preto-Black. The latter is considered derogatory.

In fact, the word Negro is used as a term of endearment in the Brasilian culture. Different words like Nego- masculine, Nega-Feminine, Neginha- a petite feminine, Negão- a large masculine are commonly used towards people of any colour in a loving manner.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM