• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Movies Godzilla 3D (2014)

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
The villain in this movie is not Godzilla but some other creature of the same gigantic scale .

The beginning of the movie is on a tragic note as havoc strikes, and suspense is created for some time as to what is the source of all the havoc .

And when the suspense is lifted , we see some real action between monsters . Humans take a backseat in fighting the monsters , and anything they do ( including exploding nuclear bombs ) does not hurt the monsters an inch . In short the monsters are invincible . So only they can kill each other to give relief to humans , just like only iron can cut iron .

And humans need relief urgently , judging from the death toll from the havoc created by the monsters .

Of course , it's not only between monsters---it's a story of humans too , of one family losing two of it's members in the fight against the monsters . And the next generation of that family is also in danger as they are in the forefront of the fight against the monsters .

So can the family's next generation survive in the battle against monsters ??
Who are the monsters anyway ??
What is Godzilla's role in all this ??

Watch the movie for the answers for I am keeping some suspense for you .

The carnage is on a considerable scale and the special effects are okay , but I did not like the 3D effects .

All in all ,it's a decent movie but it cannot be called great .

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Re: Godzilla 3D ( 2014 )

The villain in this movie is not Godzilla but some other creature of the same gigantic scale .

The beginning of the movie is on a tragic note as havoc strikes, and suspense is created for some time as to what is the source of all the havoc .

And when the suspense is lifted , we see some real action between monsters . Humans take a backseat in fighting the monsters , and anything they do ( including exploding nuclear bombs ) does not hurt the monsters an inch . In short the monsters are invincible . So only they can kill each other to give relief to humans , just like only iron can cut iron .

And humans need relief urgently , judging from the death toll from the havoc created by the monsters .

Of course , it's not only between monsters---it's a story of humans too , of one family losing two of it's members in the fight against the monsters . And the next generation of that family is also in danger as they are in the forefront of the fight against the monsters .

So can the family's next generation survive in the battle against monsters ??
Who are the monsters anyway ??
What is Godzilla's role in all this ??

Watch the movie for the answers for I am keeping some suspense for you .

The carnage is on a considerable scale and the special effects are okay , but I did not like the 3D effects .

All in all ,it's a decent movie but it cannot be called great .

Haven't seen the film yet,

but a colleague at work said he was quite disappointed as it felt like godzilla played a backseat in his OWN MOVIE :)

i think people expect to see a lot more of the monster as what was provided.

Haifa582

Banned
Jul 15, 2014
This new version of Godzilla is basically Hollywood's redemption to the iconic creature after the fiasco back in 1998. To completely forget that awful remake, it goes back to the classic design of the monster, takes a more atmospheric tone, and stripping off the worst parts (mostly the bad humor) of the abomination. The achievement here is rather astounding.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM