• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial God-Man Has Kidnapped My Daughter

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
God-man Has Kidnapped My Daughter

http://epaper. hindustantimes. com/ArticleText. aspx?article= 08_03_2010_ 191_011&kword=&mode=1

The father and family members of two sisters, who were allegedly 'kidnapped' with the connivance of a godman from their college hostel a few days back, have alleged that godman has brainwashed their daughters and they are now leveling serious allegations against them. On Sunday, the two sisters had given interview to a nation- al TV channel in Delhi and had alleged that their father was trying to push them into pros- titution.

It is pertinent to mention that two sisters Manpreet (20) and Kiranpreet (19) were 'kidnapped' by one of godman's accomplices on February 24 from a city- based college, where they were studying in B.Com.

Rupinder Singh, father of the 'kidnapped' girls, alleged that they came in contact with the godman in 2007.

"We were surprised to know that the girls had given inter- view to a TV channel in Delhi, stating that I was forcing them into prostitution. It's sad to hear such a thing from my own daughters, whom I love the most. The godman has ruined our life by brainwashing my daughters," Rupinder Singh, a resident of Bulara village, stat- ed.

Rupinder further alleged that whenever the godman visited their house, he was always accompanied by young girls.

"Even in October last, the girls had lodged a complaint against me with the Sadar police, stating that I was stopping them from talking to the godman.

After this incident, the girls started living in the hos- tel of the college, where they earlier studied. A Canada based NRI named Gurdeep Singh Dhaliwal, who was also god- man's follower, was nominated as their local guardian," Rupinder alleged.

He alleged that the godman showered all kinds of facilities on his daughters, to which he was totally unaware of.

"He even got them a bank account, besides they were also given costly gifts by the god- man. I am sure that my daugh- ters have been brainwashed by him and that is why they are giving such statements. I urge our community leaders to help me in getting my daughters back," Rupinder alleged.

Gurdeep Singh alleged that though he was their local guardian, "but when I found something fishy in the activi- ties of the godman, I raised ques- tions. This probably agitated the godman and I was asked to step down as the girls' local guardian."

The Model Town Police had registered a kidnapping case against unknown persons.

Attachments

• 08_03_2010_191_011_006.jpg
    08_03_2010_191_011_006.jpg
    29.9 KB · Reads: 2,583

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
There are about 300 deras in Punjab. I can bet sparing one or two, rest all of them are nothing but prostitution den. Most of them have the blessing of political leaders whom they supply girls. Last year when saucha sauda devotees were shown shouting on TV, I remember one girl was a keep of Baba Ram Rahom.

sachakhalsa

SPNer
Mar 23, 2010
CAN these people stop lying?? To hear the truth wathc the NEWS ITEMS:
(gurdeep Singh Dhaliwal has been to jail 12 times and is wanted to Delhi Police right now)

Bhai Jaspal Singhji is a respectable Keertaniya, these people blame a keertaniya? How will they answer after death? bhai Sahib ji hasnt even visited India past 1 year. He has not even had any long tern interation with the girls - let alone hypnotics?? Any psychologist would be able to tell you that hypnosis does not last more that 10 minutes?? Please use some brains and LOGIC. Kindly watch the following NEWS ITEMS TO KNOW THE TRUTH

YouTube - Girls from Ludhiana Speak the truth part 1 of 2

And

YouTube - Girls from Ludhiana Speak the truth part 2 of 2

NEWS ITEM:

YouTube - Kidnap case: The truth about Bhai Jaspal Singh ji - Part 1 of 2

And

YouTube - Kidnap case: The truth about Bhai Jaspal Singh ji - Part 2 of 2

YouTube - Girls from Ludhiana Speak the truth part 2 of 2

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I want to point out that the thread starter is a news article published by a legitimate news organization. SPN has not taken sides on this matter. In fact more than one perspective has already been presented in the thread.

The legality of a police raid is now being heard by the courts. That does not in any way impede the ability of our forum members to discuss the issue.

Both sides of the story have been given an opportunity to report their views in this thread. Another thread on this subject has been closed. This one can stay open for the time being.

Thank you
Narayanjot Kaur

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Gurfateh Ji

The forums like SPN are here to present our opinions and not deliver a verdict. So we should be careful not to ill-direct our anger...

The fact of the matter is that the story has been expounded by the media the way it has been and over this you or we have had no control; and just by SPN publishing this story does not in anyway condone the actions of the media; and removing the story altogether would also serve no purpose to you or the readers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is quite apparent that both of the girls are over and above the age of 18 and so they are, in India, legally capable of making decisions to suit best of their interests. And from the videos above it is quite evident that they seem to be educated enough to talk on their own behalf.

What you can do is to present your side of the story and try to clear doubts in the mind of the readers. You should rather be grateful to waheguru that this avenue (SPN) allows you to clear your side of the story without being critical of you.

And as Narayanjot Ji has stated above, the stance of SPN on such issues is always neutral and it stays like that and of course there is no point in removing the topic for our right to freedom of expression.

Gurfateh!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
This is my take on this issue. Staying at home, lack of finance (felt like hell) they took to a fantasy of settling overseas or better prospects. What better way than by joining an international marketing syndicate ( human trafficking ). These Baba Jees are famous for mafia style setups solely for various 'benefits' like black mailing, marriage arrangements, etc. The girls have been brainwashed and raped and threatened by the baba jee and also the promises to become 'caretakers' of the various properties owned by the baba.

In summary, these girls are going to end up as concubines and drenched in a lifetime slavery. Who can help them? Nobody. Because they cannot see through it all.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sadh Sangat,

I know Jaspal Singh very well on a personal level. He used to do Keertan at Lankershim Gurdwara in Los Angeles and also at Sikh Dharma in the late 80's and 90's. He was a married man with children in the UK. Then he enticed one of his Keertan students who was much younger than him, left his family and moved with her to the States. He, after some years divorced his first wife. This woman, his ex student used to sit on the stage with him while playing some musical instruments.

I had no idea he had become so rich and famous after 20 years and has several deras. But his womanising does not surprise me at all. He always had the lecherous smile. Never trusted the guy.

These so called people in the " saintly" garb are the most dangerous ones and many ignorant people with money both in India, in the Middle East and in other countries become their chelas and make them very wealthy. When the house was raided, Jaspal Singh was said to be in Dubai.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Bhagat Kabeer Ji has warned us of such Banares Ke Thug in the following shabad:-

<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>ਆਸਾ
आसा ॥
Āsā.
Aasaa:

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਗਜ ਸਾਢੇ ਤੈ ਤੈ ਧੋਤੀਆ ਤਿਹਰੇ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਤਗ
गज साढे तै तै धोतीआ तिहरे पाइनि तग ॥
Gaj sādẖe ṯai ṯai ḏẖoṯī▫ā ṯihre pā▫in ṯag.
They wear loin cloths, three and a half yards long, and triple-wound sacred threads.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਗਲੀ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਜਪਮਾਲੀਆ ਲੋਟੇ ਹਥਿ ਨਿਬਗ
गली जिन्हा जपमालीआ लोटे हथि निबग ॥
Galī jinĥā japmālī▫ā lote hath nibag.
They have rosaries around their necks, and they carry glittering jugs in their hands.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਓਇ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਾਨਾਰਸਿ ਕੇ ਠਗ ॥੧॥
ओइ हरि के संत न आखीअहि बानारसि के ठग ॥१॥
O▫e har ke sanṯ na ākẖī▫ahi bānāras ke ṯẖag. ||1||
They are not called Saints of the Lord - they are thugs of Benares. ||1||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਐਸੇ ਸੰਤ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਭਾਵਹਿ
ऐसे संत न मो कउ भावहि ॥
Aise sanṯ na mo ka▫o bẖāvėh.
Such 'saints' are not pleasing to me;

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਡਾਲਾ ਸਿਉ ਪੇਡਾ ਗਟਕਾਵਹਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
डाला सिउ पेडा गटकावहि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Dālā si▫o pedā gatkāvahi. ||1|| rahā▫o.
they eat the trees along with the branches. ||1||Pause||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਾਸਨ ਮਾਂਜਿ ਚਰਾਵਹਿ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਾਠੀ ਧੋਇ ਜਲਾਵਹਿ
बासन मांजि चरावहि ऊपरि काठी धोइ जलावहि ॥
Bāsan māʼnj cẖarāvėh ūpar kāṯẖī ḏẖo▫e jalāvėh.
They wash their pots and pans before putting them on the stove, and they wash the wood before lighting it.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਬਸੁਧਾ ਖੋਦਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਦੁਇ ਚੂਲ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਮਾਣਸ ਖਾਵਹਿ ॥੨॥
बसुधा खोदि करहि दुइ चूल्हे सारे माणस खावहि ॥२॥
Basuḏẖā kẖoḏ karahi ḏu▫e cẖūlĥe sāre māṇas kẖāvėh. ||2||
They dig up the earth and make two fireplaces, but they eat the whole person! ||2||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਓਇ ਪਾਪੀ ਸਦਾ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਮੁਖਹੁ ਅਪਰਸ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ
ओइ पापी सदा फिरहि अपराधी मुखहु अपरस कहावहि ॥
O▫e pāpī saḏā firėh aprāḏẖī mukẖahu apras kahāvėh.
Those sinners continually wander in evil deeds, while they call themselves touch-nothing saints.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੀ ਸਗਲ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਡੁਬਾਵਹਿ ॥੩॥
सदा सदा फिरहि अभिमानी सगल कुट्मब डुबावहि ॥३॥
Saḏā saḏā firėh abẖimānī sagal kutamb dubāvėh. ||3||
They wander around forever and ever in their self-conceit, and all their families are drowned. ||3||

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਜਿਤੁ ਕੋ ਲਾਇਆ ਤਿਤ ਹੀ ਲਾਗਾ ਤੈਸੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵੈ
जितु को लाइआ तित ही लागा तैसे करम कमावै ॥
Jiṯ ko lā▫i▫ā ṯiṯ hī lāgā ṯaise karam kamāvai.
He is attached to that, to which the Lord has attached him, and he acts accordingly.

</td></tr> <tr><td> ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਸੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੈ ਪੁਨਰਪਿ ਜਨਮਿ ਆਵੈ ॥੪॥੨॥
कहु कबीर जिसु सतिगुरु भेटै पुनरपि जनमि न आवै ॥४॥२॥
Kaho Kabīr jis saṯgur bẖetai punrap janam na āvai. ||4||2||
Says Kabeer, one who meets the True Guru, is not reincarnated again. ||4||2||
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
So many thugghs in holy man clothing....see how they jumped on the Babbu Mann Song..EK baba Nanak Si....as they say..proof of the pudding is in the eating..or in Local Malaysian lingo..whoever eats the chilli..feels hot !! There is Never smoke without FIRE..and NO FIRE without SMOKE ..
IN Kabir Jis time it was only Benares..Now its New York..Delhi..Amritsar...San Franscisco..Chicago..London..Sydney...Kuala Lumpur..even the North and South Poles...or Alaska...you name it..there is a Fake baba/fake holy man/fake God Man lurking around looking for fresh victims...when they get CAUGHT..their chelas and they scream blood.y murder....until then....they enjoy their illgotten gains..luxuries...and sell Gurbani/Kirtan.
One such "kirtaniya" also declared that Gurbani RAAGS are totally UN-NECESSARY...and a complete waste of time in this age to learn them...NO MARKS for GUESSING who this "august" kirtaniyah is...just google and you may be surprised !! He disses Raags of SGGS..and his chelas claim he is a gurbani kitaniyah of class...makes one wonder..how do they brainwash these guys so well..all the brains seems to have disappeared..and NOTHING remains..lol LAUGH OUT LOUD !!

May 24, 2008
Bhai Jaspal Singh used to come to Ludhiana to do Kirtan at Gurudwara Model Town Ext often , once I went to attend that . A Tamil Brahmin girl was with him , she introduced herself in very detail ( in Punjabi ) to the whole Sangat , how she was attaracted to Sikhism , how Bhai Sahib helped her in attaining spirituality & now she is permanently with the group . Reading this topic , I'm wondering what that girl was all about ?

Roop Kaur

SPNer
Mar 4, 2010
Sat Sri Akal fellow SPN'ers!

Who is this God-Man fella firstly? Sorry, if someone has answered it, please ignore it, I will be sure to flick through and read this thread when time permits!

Gurfateh!
:geekkaur:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
roop kaur ji

Apologies, however, the link in the thread starter article is not working. This is a similar article from India Express

Godman accused of abducting two girls, Gurgaon cops raid residence

Godman accused of abducting two girls, Gurgaon cops raid residence

Scores of police personnel conducted raids at the house of Baba Jaspal Singh, a self-professed religious guru, in Palam Vihar area of Gurgaon early on Thursday morning after an abduction complaint was registered against him. Jaspal Singh and the two girls, allegedly abducted by him, remain untraced.

The Gurgaon police said Punjab police personnel were also part of the search as the abduction complaint was registered in the neighbouring state.

The police said the two girls — sisters Kiran and Preet Kaur — were reported missing from Ludhiana. Their father Rupendra Singh claimed Jaspal Singh had abducted them two days ago. Two followers of Singh — Gurpreet Singh and Manjeet Singh — who were present at the place, were detained.

The police said the father of the two girls, both BCom students, was also a follower of Jaspal. The complainant said he met Jaspal in 2007 and arranged religious function for him in Ludhiana. They became close over the last three years; the complainant used to invite him to his house in Model Town, Ludhiana.

sachakhalsa

SPNer
Mar 23, 2010
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

The Brahmin Girl that you are talking about is my best friend who helped the girls from being killed by their own father

Forgive but I missed in the coverage that the girls were doomed to being killed by their own father. From the starter post, this does not sound like a father who wants to kill his daughters, but a father who is concerned about their welfare.

"He even got them a bank account, besides they were also given costly gifts by the god- man. I am sure that my daugh- ters have been brainwashed by him and that is why they are giving such statements. I urge our community leaders to help me in getting my daughters back," Rupinder alleged.

and is not fully supporting them By the way, she is amritdhari and she got inspired by listening to Bhai Jaspal Singh ji's kirtans in 2000. When you say she is attached to the 'Group' ? Arnt we a little racist here? Her Guru is also Guru Granth Sahib, and when she is totally helping out girls in trouble we start putting question marks. By the way, she is an Oracle Consultant and working for MNC in dubai :) very intelligent and a successful person, who is sympathetic and sensitive. RAther than putting question marks? Thisnk POSITIVE!!

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

When you say she is attached to the 'Group' ? Arnt we a little racist here?

Any time 2 or more people form a group they do not constitute a race. So when another forum member is using the term "attached to the/a/any "group" they are taking about affinity and not about race.

Let debate issues not personalities.

If there are any news articles by way of update, let's see what they have to say about progress made in this case.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM