• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

God Daughters And Stepsons

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I have two god daughters, and a stepson, my stepson is spending more and more time with me working in the shop, we get on well, it was not so easy when he was 14, but he is 22 now, and growing up into a wonderful person.

A customer remarked on 'my son' last week, I corrected him 'stepson', he was surprised, 'but he is just like you'.. this is worrying

I remarked to stepson that customers think he is just like me, he beamed, 'just like you, not a care in the world about what anyone thinks and you do whatever it is you want to do, and you have a bear outfit and a small selection of puppets', I am not sure what happened to genuine role models..

We took the girls to the local fair on the seafront for halloween, they call me Uncle brown bear, because one birthday, I hired a bear outfit and wore it and danced at the party, it took another 3 months for Sian to get me out of it, but that is another story.

I felt a bit like a 'proper man' for a change, like a dad, rather than a clown, although I made the girls giggle constantly, whilst my wife looked on proudly, (what is there to be proud of for sticking a straw up each nostril and making walrus noises?), but the girls seemed to enjoy it. (they are 9 and 7),

By the time I had got home, I was exhausted, and had just enough time for Bran to headbutt me in the nose and then punch me in the eye, which explains my black eye,

As I lay looking at the celing that night, someone was snoring, either Sian or Dan and downstairs Bran was making that funny scooby doo noise he makes when he wants someone to come down and keep him and Rory company, I live in a madhouse, surrounded by mad people and mad animals,

something sian keeps saying just rolls and rolls around my head 'bran knows rory is not right, but he loves him and would stand up for him to the death', a good description of love, a better one than the one I seem to hold dear

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM