• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gist Of Sidh Gohst

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
A great discourse and a path that lights for pursuit in Sikhism.

Sidhas/Yogis ask:

Many a great questions are posed by the Sidhs. Many such questions still prevail even today in the minds of many children all the way to the most learned.

These being like in examples below,
  • World is called the hard to cross ocean, how could the other bank be found?
  • How to reach creator’s abode?
  • What technique you used to eliminate wishes and desires?
  • How to so eradicate the hurt of death?
  • How so to adopt calm, collected composure and pierce the enemies?
  • Where to come from, where to go to, and where to be so kept so absorbed in?
  • How to so find the truth of body less?
  • How to create love of so following the creator?
  • Disposing off the ego, what kind of food is that?
  • Etc.
Guru ji respectfully address the learned minds but encourage them to see the forest from the trees, don’t be stuck in the weeds, don’t sweat the small stuff, etc.

Guru Ji’s answers:

Guru ji’s answers all relate back to the recognition of one creator in all such queries. This recognition to,

• Understand the oneness that all creation is part of
  • The in-finiteness that surrounds
  • The source and destination for all of us where we come from and go back to
  • The one creator all nurturing and lovingly so for all
One can almost relate it all back to the words in the mool mantar as,

Akwl purK ie`k hY
God/creator is one
ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ
ijs dw nwm 'hoNd vwlw' hY jo isRStI dw rcnhwr hY, jo sB ivc ivAwpk hY,
and is known as the eternal being, is the creator of all, present everywhere
ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ
BY qoN rihq hY, vYr-rihq hY, ijs dw srUp kwl qoN pry hY, (Bwv, ijs dw srIr nws-rihq hY), jo jUnW ivc nhIN AwauNdw, ijs dw pRkwS Awpxy Awp qoN hoieAw hY
without fear, without animosity, is timeless, is not guided by life cycles, is a self creation
ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
Aqy jo siqgurU dI ikrpw nwl imldw hY[
and is realized through its own (God/creator) blessing.
The true culmination of all this for a Sikh is, living the life of a ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ / Gurmukẖ (Gur-mukh-ai). There are many a references to this in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in multiple sections and from the many contributors to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji including our Guru ji’s. A quick search at Srigranth.org finds 1612 citations of ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ / Gurmukẖ (Gur-mukh-ai) where the word is much used in the essence of what a ਗੁਰਮੁਖ / Gurmukẖ finds or receives in a blessed relationship with the one creator.

So a Sikh is one, so steadfastly looking up to the creator, contemplating upon the creator, focusing on wisdom of the creator. In so doing, while living in consonance with all as one creation of one creator.

All errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: More details on question by question approach available here at SPN in the series of 19 posts.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ambarsariah Ji,
This is one of my fav threads..and one of the best you have written. Personal THANKS for helping me walk along the path towards Gurmukhta...Gurparsaad.
Siddh Ghhosht is one of Guru nanak jis Prime banis..the others being ASA dee Vaar...Oankar (mistakenly called ramkali Dakhnni Oankar). Perhaps you cna give us a Thread on these two....Oankar esp interests many..

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Gyani Jarnail Singh ji I have learnt much and continue to learn from esteemed members here at spn.

I will review "ASA dee Vaar...Oankar" to see if I am up to it. I have done Japji Sahib, Rehras Sahib, Kirtan Sohila that I have not posted yet. I will jiggle and see when I can possibly post.

Again, your mentoring and guidance including that of Tejwant Singh ji and spnadmin ji has been invaluable to me.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ambarsaria ji

I personally thank you for this labor. It is seva in the true and best sense of the word. It is also a gift to all of our members, loyal and deserving, and the Internet community that has not joined us but loyally read from afar.

You must now take a break. We need you here posting, commenting, and joking on the topics you hold dear.

We on the other hand must find better ways to demonstrate our own gratitude. As long as we are here, and long after, your contribution to the quality of what SPN is and can hope to be is graced by your writing.

And yes ...Asa ki Vaar is my favorite... so when you are ready I will be there to learn and enjoy all of it.

:)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
spnadmin ji thanks for your gracious comments. I am not deserving.

In retrospection I further observe the following in respect of the Sidh Gosht,
Guru ji so politely and logically conclude that a Sikh's life is not one of being a Yogi or be Yogic centric.

But it is one of a ਗੁਰਮੁਖ / Gurmukẖ.

Whereas Guru ji respect some of the wisdom they (Yogis/Sidhs) embodied, in sum total, this had little to do with what Guru ji postulate as a model for Sikhs to come. Again that of being and leading the life as a ਗੁਰਮੁਖ / Gurmukẖ.
This is one of what was prevalent in the times (Yogis) as pursuit of the so called noblest or close to God in the religion of the day in India. It is still persisting and even some Sikhs have latched on to it for its sexiness and marketing power. Many examples available without naming names.

Lest we forget the message of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM