• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gen Joginder Jaswant Singh Named New Army Chief

Jun 1, 2004
New Delhi: Lt Gen Joginder Jaswant Singh was on Saturday named the next Chief of the Army Staff.

He will succeed Gen NC Vij when the latter retires on January 31, according to an official announcement here.

Singh, who is the seniormost Lt Gen in Army, will become the first Sikh officer to head the Indian Army.

He is presently General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Army Command

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: Gen Jaswant Jaswant Singh named new Army Chief

This is such a great news :) Although 90% of top defence ranks in India are occupied by Sikhs, Stil better to know that a well-decorated Sikh is going to lead Indian Army :)

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Not to forget that General Singh is going to head the second biggest Army in the world i.e. Indian Army. With prestigious ranks with him, he is a recipient of Param Vishisht Sewa Medal, the nation’s highest peace-time military award for distinguished services as well as the Vishisht Seva Medal.

Along with Gen Singh, there is a likelihood of another Sikh officer, Lt Gen B S Takhar donning the mantle of the new vice-chief of Army staff by next month.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Singh

I you dont want to join indian army then it is ok but you can join British army and do something good for Sikh panth:) :)

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Singhstah said:
i would never join the indian army, the same army that conducted Blue Star.
Personally, I will say, what u said is because of your current mindset, which sees only one aspect. Who will join US Army which is creating havoc in Iraq in the name of WMDs and mis-treating prisoners. Look how ably I picked up a negative instance of another army!

What they did was their duty, and they did that as a true soldiers. Being a soldier is very tough, which only a soldier can understand, how they put off everything off, and see their duty as the only target.

Sorry, if this offends anyone.

Regards.

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
actually wat you said about it being their dty,it makes sense i hadnt looked at it on that way(but that still doesnt make bluestar acceptable)any way i dont trust indian gov, so i couldnt possibly fit the duties of a soldier, cause if they ordered another bluestar, i definetly would not obey. btw u didnt offend anyone singh ji. :)

I you dont want to join indian army then it is ok but you can join British army and do something good for Sikh panth

lol , yeah represent the sikh image. :D

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
BlueStar was not acceptable in any way.

you may like to ponder more on - 'Religion First or Country?' There are so fine aspects to this question, that a simple answer doesnt come at least to me.

Rejoice the time, when a Sikh is going to head the top notch army. Wishing a great time for the future for all.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM