• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

GCSE Tips

Harvir007

SPNer
Aug 22, 2010
Leicester, England
So I started school on Thursday September 2nd, and im a year and a half away from my final exams which pretty much decides what sort of job I may get. So I was wondering if any of you could supply some help and or tips that can or may inspire me as to which I can feel good about myself.:happymunda:
The subjects I am taking by the way are, Electronic products, product design, economics, business studies, O.C.R nationals Physical Education, Philosophy, double science, maths and english. If that helps winkingmunda

Charan

SPNer
Mar 15, 2010
So I started school on Thursday September 2nd, and im a year and a half away from my final exams which pretty much decides what sort of job I may get. So I was wondering if any of you could supply some help and or tips that can or may inspire me as to which I can feel good about myself.:happymunda:
The subjects I am taking by the way are, Electronic products, product design, economics, business studies, O.C.R nationals Physical Education, Philosophy, double science, maths and english. If that helps winkingmunda

<LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cadmin%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><LINK rel=themeData href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cadmin%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><LINK rel=colorSchemeMapping href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cadmin%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-ch{censored}t:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-ch{censored}t:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:36.0pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:36.0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:36.0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:36.0pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1043091196; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:1712237578 68419599 68419609 68419611 68419599 68419609 68419611 68419599 68419609 68419611;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-18.0pt;} ol {margin-bottom:0cm;} ul {margin-bottom:0cm;} --> </STYLE>1. Set a goal everyday (even when you don’t homework), for example do 10 math exercises and learn ten literary devices and their meanings. After you have accomplished that goal, give yourself a treat. It can be anything from a chocolate to going to the movies.<? />

2. I think the main distraction is friends, am I right? It can be difficult finding a balance between social life and school, therefore try to combine these instead of putting one in the “fun box” and the other in the “not-so-fun box”. How about meeting friends to study for tests etc? This way, you can encourage and help each other.

Sometimes we have friends that are “too cool” for school. With these, you have two options. You can either let go of these friends, because they will certainly try to influence you, OR you can try to influence them. Be a good friend and tell them how important it is to do well in school etc. The harder you work now, the easier life gets in the future.

3. All nighters are only for emergencies!

4. Don’t start with coffee now. Green tea will also help you stay awake and it is so much healthier! A healthy diet and some exercise keeps you brain in better shape.

5. START STUDYING NOW :cool:

Good luck with everything!
Charan

Last edited by a moderator:

Charan

SPNer
Mar 15, 2010
Some words of wisdom :cool:

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~Aristotle

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. ~Andy McIntyre and Derek Bok

Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. ~Malcolm S. Forbes

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know. ~Daniel J. Boorstin

You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond

Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later. ~Dana Stewart Scott

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. ~Alvin Toffler

Education is the movement from darkness to light. ~Allan Bloom

<!--CD-->

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM