• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Gayatri Mantra

Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji there is no "Jantar Mantar" on the traditional sense understood by a man in the street in India.

What I mean is the following,

<OBJECT style="WIDTH: 640px; HEIGHT: 390px">
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cV3g4RUD7-g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></OBJECT>

Whether you relate it to "Munn" or other part and start calling it the creator is simply mis-leading. I really suggest that your good self refrain from such as you know better. I was happy to learn that your other pet project of Grammar ramblings and creating confusion is over.

Sat Sri Akal.

You are totally mistaken what you say.You live in your own world.
If you assume that Gurbanee grammar is my project I am honoured .But you should realise Gurbanee grammar is the way GuRu wants us to understand the true meanings of Gurbanee.If you overlook this you are befooling youself only.
I am always on my job under the direction of my GuRu.You dont worry for this.
You should take care of your own prejudiced thinking and mind.That is more than enough.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji there is no "Jantar Mantar" on the traditional sense understood by a man in the street in India.

What I mean is the following,

<OBJECT style="WIDTH: 640px; HEIGHT: 390px">
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cV3g4RUD7-g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></OBJECT>

Whether you relate it to "Munn" or other part and start calling it the creator is simply mis-leading. I really suggest that your good self refrain from such as you know better. I was happy to learn that your other pet project of Grammar ramblings and creating confusion is over.

Sat Sri Akal.

How one can overlook this Quote from SGGSas
<TABLE cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD>ਨਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਾਧੂ ਰਹਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ

नामु रहिओ साधू रहिओ रहिओ गुरु गोबिंदु ॥

Nām rahi▫o sāḏẖū rahi▫o rahi▫o gur gobinḏ.

The Naam remains; the Holy Saints remain; the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, remains.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੫੬॥

कहु नानक इह जगत मै किन जपिओ गुर मंतु ॥५६॥

Kaho Nānak ih jagaṯ mai kin japi▫o gur manṯ. ||56||

Says Nanak, how rare are those who chant the Guru's Mantra in this world. ||56||
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji thanks for your post
<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੫੬॥

Says Nanak, how rare are those who chant the Guru's Mantra in this world. ||56||

</td></tr></tbody></table>

If I may want to give my essence based on some help and discussion as follows,

<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">
ਮੰਤੁ
[SIZE=-1]Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Gurmukhi-Gurmukhi Dictionary[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] (1) ਮਨਤਵ, ਮਨੋਰਥ, ਉਦੇਸ਼। (2) ਮੰਤਰ, ਜਾਪ। (3) ਉਪਦੇਸ਼। ਉਦਾਹਰਣ: ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਕਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਮੰਤੁ॥ {ਜਪੁ ੧, ੨੪:੪ (5)}। ਸੰਤੀ ਮੰਤੁ ਦੀਓ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇਆ॥ {ਗਉ ੫, ੧੨੫, ੩:੨ (206)}। ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਦਇਆ ਧਰਮੁ ਸੁਚਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਤੇ ਇਹੁ ਮੰਤੁ ਲਈ॥ {ਬਿਲਾ ੫, ੯੦, ੨:੧ (822)}। ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਆਰਾਧੀ [/SIZE] </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">[SIZE=-1]Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] ਸੰ. मन्त्र- ਮੰਤ੍ਰ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਮੰਤ੍ਰ. "ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੰਤੁ ਮੰਤੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਨਾ". (ਆਸਾ ਮਃ ੫)। (2) ਸੰ. मन्तु. ਅਪਰਾਧ. ਕੁਸੂਰ। (3) ਮਨੁੱਖ. ਆਦਮੀ। (4) ਪ੍ਰਜਾਪਤਿ. ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਿਕ. [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Mahan Kosh data provided by Bhai Baljinder Singh (RaraSahib Wale); See http://www.ik13.com[/SIZE]
</td></tr></tbody></table> The word is ਮੰਤੁ and it is not the translation as Mantra that you have shown in English translation.

Prakash.S.Bagga ji so declaring "Grammar and Purity" of meaning adherent, how can you miss this mis-translation?

My essence of the last line below,

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੫੬॥

Say Nanak, in this world who contemplates upon the creator's essence.
Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji thanks for your post

If I may want to give my essence based on some help and discussion as follows,

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The word is ਮੰਤੁ and it is not the translation as Mantra that you have shown in English translation.

Prakash.S.Bagga ji so declaring "Grammar and Purity" of meaning adherent, how can you miss this mis-translation?

My essence of the last line below,

Sat Sri Akal.

Creators essence is the Creators "WORD" only and the same is being refered as <HARi.HARi>.
Why we dont want to be specific as per Gurbanee ?
.There is no point in converting speicifics of Gurbanee into abstracts.This is nothing but creating more confusion in understanding the true essence of Gurbanee.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
One can look for this Quote from Gurbanee to understant the Essence of Creator

<TABLE cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD>ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਸੰਗਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ

चरन कमल संगि लागी प्रीति ॥

Cẖaran kamal sang lāgī parīṯ.

I am in love with the Lotus Feet of the Lord.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਬਿਸਰਿ ਗਈ ਸਭ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਰੀਤਿ

बिसरि गई सभ दुरमति रीति ॥

Bisar ga▫ī sabẖ ḏurmaṯ rīṯ.

I am rid of all evil-minded ways.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਮਨ ਤਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਤ

मन तन अंतरि हरि हरि मंत ॥

Man ṯan anṯar har har manṯ.

The Mantra of the Lord's Name, Har, Har, is deep within my mind and body.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>ਨਾਨਕ ਭਗਤਨ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਸਦਾ ਅਨੰਦ ॥੪॥੩॥

नानक भगतन कै घरि सदा अनंद ॥४॥३॥

Nānak bẖagṯan kai gẖar saḏā anand. ||4||3||

O Nanak, eternal bliss fills the home of the Lord's devotees. ||4||3||

This time the word MANT is without Aukad .

This Sabad is in Raagu Bilawal pp 802

Prakash.S.Bagga
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
<hari.hari>
Why we dont want to be specific as per Gurbanee ?</hari.hari>

<hari.hari> There is no point in converting speicifics of Gurbanee into abstracts.</hari.hari>
<hari.hari> So P{rakash.S.Bagga ji you provide no understanding of your own and have suddenly decided that the translation you quoted from Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa ji i s100% Grammar and vocabulary correct.

Are you being lazy or just discovered the ultimate translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or just what is convenient recipe for any position? Not too many posts ago you went on and on to say that no one understands Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji per your implied level of understanding and higher quality based on Grammar.

Let us remember "you cannot have your cake and eat it too!"

By the way I am hard and harsher in my responses to you as I believe in my heart that you see errors and other discrepancies but ignore them in favor of your agenda. I stated before, but that agenda of misdirection towards Hinduvta of Sikhism is not well liked by me.

Sat Sri Akal.
</hari.hari>

Aug 28, 2010
<HARI.HARI> So P{rakash.S.Bagga ji you provide no understanding of your own and have suddenly decided that the translation you quoted from Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa ji i s100% Grammar and vocabulary correct.

Are you being lazy or just discovered the ultimate translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or just what is convenient recipe for any position? Not too many posts ago you went on and on to say that no one understands Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji per your implied level of understanding and higher quality based on Grammar.

Let us remember "you cannot have your cake and eat it too!"

By the way I am hard and harsher in my responses to you as I believe in my heart that you see errors and other discrepancies but ignore them in favor of your agenda. I stated before, but that agenda of misdirection towards Hinduvta of Sikhism is not well liked by me.

Sat Sri Akal.
</HARI.HARI>
I never and no where said that any particular translation is correct.Since for Posting I need to Cut from any of the available SGGS in your required script I only Use for that .
Why dont you refer What Dr Sahib Singh ji is translating these quotes
I think this should make you more clear.I think Dr Sahib Singhs Translation is considered more authentic and accepted by majority including yourself too.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
Pl look the meaning for the word MANT considered by Dr Sahib Singh ji as
below
Page 802
ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ॥ ਅਗਨਤ ਗੁਣ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇਰੇ ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਅਨਾਥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਨ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਹੁ ਬਸਹੁ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੀਜੈ ਲੜਿ ਲਾਇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਤਾ ਕੈਸੀ ਭੀੜ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਵਕ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਮ ਪੀੜ ॥ ਸਰਬ ਦੂਖ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਨਸੇ ॥ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਬਸੈ ॥੨॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਆਧਾਰੁ ॥ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੋਵਤ ਤਨੁ ਛਾਰੁ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਏ ਪੂਰਨ ਸਭ ਕਾਜ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਸਭ ਕਾ ਮੁਹਤਾਜ ॥੩॥ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਸੰਗਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਬਿਸਰਿ ਗਈ ਸਭ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਤ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਗਤਨ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਸਦਾ ਅਨੰਦ ॥੪॥੩॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 802}
ਪਦਅਰਥ: ਸੁਖ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ—ਹੇ ਸੁਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਅਗਨਤ—ਅ—ਗਨਤ, ਜੋ ਗਿਣੇ ਨਾਹ ਜਾ ਸਕਣ। ਮੋਹਿ—ਮੈਂ। ਧਿਆਈ—ਧਿਆਈਂ, ਮੈਂ ਧਿਆਵਾਂ।੧।
ਮਨਿ—ਮਨ ਵਿਚ। ਆਇ—ਆ ਕੇ। ਮੋਹਿ—ਮੈਨੂੰ। ਨਿਰਗੁਨ—ਗੁਣ-ਹੀਨ। ਲਾਇ ਲੀਜੈ—ਲਾ ਲੈ। ਲੜਿ—ਲੜ ਨਾਲ, ਪੱਲੇ ਨਾਲ।ਰਹਾਉ।
ਚਿਤਿ—ਚਿੱਤ ਵਿਚ। ਭੀੜ—ਬਿਪਤਾ। ਸਰਬ—ਸਾਰੇ। ਸਿਮਰਤ—ਸਿਮਰਦਿਆਂ। ਜਾ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ—ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ।੨।
ਤਨਿ—ਤਨ ਵਿਚ। ਆਧਾਰੁ—ਆਸਰਾ। ਤਨੁ—ਸਰੀਰ। ਛਾਰੁ—ਸੁਆਹ। ਕਾਜ—ਕੰਮ। ਮੁਹਤਾਜ—ਅਰਥੀਆ।੩।
ਸੰਗਿ—ਨਾਲ। ਦੁਰਮਤਿ—ਖੋਟੀ ਮਤਿ। ਰੀਤਿ—ਰਵਈਆ। ਮੰਤ—ਮੰਤਰ। ਘਰਿ—ਹਿਰਦੇ—ਘਰ ਵਿਚ।੪।
In fact have no problem in accepting the meaning given by your goodself but the word essence needs to be specified .Unless this is done the understanding would remain confused.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Why dont you refer What Dr Sahib Singh ji is translating these quotes.

I think this should make you more clear.I think Dr Sahib Singhs Translation is considered more authentic and accepted by majority including yourself too.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji God/Creator gave us a brain to use. I use it with multiple sources and then do my own as much as I can. I stick my neck out. I won't use excuses that so and so translated it and I have nothing to do with it but just re-translated it based on what they wrote. If I agree with a specific one under review, I of course do so.

By just copying one (say Prof. Sahib Singh ji) and believing that to be correct I am not here to defend any one's work while I fully and respectfully recognize their incredible contributions.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji let us not switch Bani to prove a point. The original requoted with Prof. Sahib Singh ji's Teeka,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
ਨਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਾਧੂ ਰਹਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ
नामु रहिओ साधू रहिओ रहिओ गुरु गोबिंदु ॥
Nām rahi▫o sāḏẖū rahi▫o rahi▫o gur gobinḏ.
The Naam remains; the Holy Saints remain; the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, remains.
ਕੇਵਲ ਗੁਰੂ-ਪ੍ਰਮੇਸ਼ਰ ਸਦੀਵੀ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਅਸਥਿਰ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਅਸਥਿਰ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਅਤੇ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸੰਤ।
ਰਹਿਓ = ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਸਾਥੀ ਬਣਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਧੂ = ਗੁਰੂ। ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ = ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ।
(ਅੰਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਭੀ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ) ਨਾਮ (ਜੀਵ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ) ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, (ਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਰੂਪ ਵਿਚ) ਗੁਰੂ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੈ,

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ੫੬॥
ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ, ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਜਣਾ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਵੀਚਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ।
ਕਿਨ = ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ। ਗੁਰਮੰਤੁ = (ਹਰਿ-ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ) ਗੁਰ-ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ॥੫੬॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਵਿਚ ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ (ਮਨੁੱਖ) ਨੇ (ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ (creator's message which I translate as essence of the creator) ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਸਦਾ ਵਸਾਇਆ ਹੈ (ਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਿਆ ਹੈ (ਉਸ ਦੇ ਅੰਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਇਹ ਸਹਾਈ ਬਣਦੇ ਹਨ) ॥੫੬॥
As we all know many words have multiple usages and meanings in context. This simply proves that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji God/Creator gave us a brain to use. I use it with multiple sources and then do my own as much as I can. I stick my neck out. I won't use excuses that so and so translated it and I have nothing to do with it but just re-translated it based on what they wrote. If I agree with a specific one under review, I of course do so.

By just copying one (say Prof. Sahib Singh ji) and believing that to be correct I am not here to defend any one's work while I fully and respectfully recognize their incredible contributions.

Sat Sri Akal.

I myself go your way.Every one is free to make use of brain.
I am using my brain as I am directed by the Creator.In that case there should be no critcism the way you are in the habit of doing.
We should learn to understand each others brain rather indulge in childish style of communication.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji let us not switch Bani to prove a point. The original requoted with Prof. Sahib Singh ji's Teeka,

As we all know many words have multiple usages and meanings in context. This simply proves that.

Sat Sri Akal.

(Har i Naam Simral wala) GuRU Da Updesh....

What is this Updesh.?
In the message the reference is for single Updesh not for numbers of Updesh so it has to be specific.
We can not Camouflage the specifics of Gurbanee messages.Specifics are the real essence of Gurbanee.
Prakash.S.Bagga

P.S....Specfics of Gurbanee words can be known only by correct application of grammar not merely by making use of many sources for the meanings.Only grammar understanding of Gurbanee words can get one to the real essence of Gurbanee.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
(Har i Naam Simral wala) GuRU Da Updesh....

What is this Updesh.?
In the message the reference is for single Updesh not for numbers of Updesh so it has to be specific.
We can not Camouflage the specifics of Gurbanee messages.Specifics are the real essence of Gurbanee.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji perhaps worth visiting the "Naam ..." thread to see how Naam is not just a single word but an essence behind.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji perhaps worth visiting the "Naam ..." thread to see how Naam is not just a single word but an essence behind.

Sat Sri Akal.

You are considering the word NAAM whereas I consider the word NAAMu
(The word Naam with matra of Aukad).
You dont accept the significance of the matra of Aukad under last letter of the word.
If you apply the grammar as given by Dr Sahib Singh ji or any other Author every one agree that the word with the matra of Aukad under its last letter is SINGULAR NOUN m/g.Even you can contact K.S Thind ji also .

So the meaning of the word NAAMu is definitely specific only.

Since the word NAAM (Without Aukad under M) is PLURAL as M/G but SINGULAR as F/G but still its meaning is related to the meaning of NAAMu only.

If you are able to make a deep observation of Gurbanee you will come to know it is all about <HARi.HARi> only.Every reference in Gurbanee is for this SINGLE PAIR of WORD.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
You are considering the word NAAM whereas I consider the word NAAMu
(The word Naam with matra of Aukad).
You dont accept the significance of the matra of Aukad under last letter of the word.
If you apply the grammar as given by Dr Sahib Singh ji or any other Author every one agree that the word with the matra of Aukad under its last letter is SINGULAR NOUN m/g.Even you can contact K.S Thind ji also .

So the meaning of the word NAAMu is definitely specific only.

Since the word NAAM (Without Aukad under M) is PLURAL as M/G but SINGULAR as F/G but still its meaning is related to the meaning of NAAMu only.

If you are able to make a deep observation of Gurbanee you will come to know it is all about <hari.hari> only.Every reference in Gurbanee is for this SINGLE PAIR of WORD.

Prakash.S.Bagga
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji if Naam is "Understanding" and "NAAMu" being singular per you simply means "Single Understanding". It is the same as "One Creator" and "One Creator' virtues, attributes, and so on". The core being one creator, one truth and so on and it has no need to be called a Physical Name that many would associate with Hindu deities and so mis-judge as the possible Husband of Sita and Laxman's brother as that is not Sikhism or what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji espouses or our Guru ji's teach. So get off the Ramu or Hari band wagons as these simply mis-lead in the common street level contexts and understandings.

Regards.

</hari.hari>

Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji if Naam is "Understanding" and "NAAMu" being singular per you simply means "Single Understanding". It is the same as "One Creator" and "One Creator' virtues, attributes, and so on". The core being one creator, one truth and so on and it has no need to be called a Physical Name that many would associate with Hindu deities and so mis-judge as the possible Husband of Sita and Laxman's brother as that is not Sikhism or what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji espouses or our Guru ji's teach. So get off the Ramu or Hari band wagons as these simply mis-lead in the common street level contexts and understandings.

Regards.

</HARI.HARI>

Here again is reflection of your prejudiced views about mening of the words .On one side you admit that the meaning of the word should be understood as per context.On the otherside you are unable to understand the application of the word RAM as RAMu.(This Aukad I have not put from my side ,this Aukad is given by our Guru ji ..What for) The use of Aukad matra is a great help in understanding the meaning of the word RAM in particular context.
The probem is that you are not trying to understand the significance of just a Simple Matra and you advocate to Understand NAAM as Understanding.Very surprising approach.
NAAM can not be the reference meaning as Understanding.NAAM is properly a reference for a specific WORD.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Here again is reflection of your prejudiced views about mening of the words .
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I believe in SGGS and I try to contribute towards and encourage correct understanding and not blind belief in this or that translation. If I appear biased so doing I have no issues being so labelled.

My approach and in total is all I said in the above sentence.
I don't go looking for words "mantra" in SGGS, you do. You asked me to follow Prof. Sahib Singh ji and I hope you read it yourself. He warns against basically idiotic word searches in SGGS where you search SGGS to prove your points versus understanding as you go in each sabad.

What your purpose is only you know?

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and I try to contribute towards and encourage correct understanding and not blind belief in this or that translation. If I appear biased so doing I have no issues being so labelled.

My approach and in total is all I said in the above sentence. I don't go looking for words "mantra" in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, you do. You asked me to follow Prof. Sahib Singh ji and I hope you read it yourself. He warns against basically idiotic word searches in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji where you search Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to prove your points versus understanding as you go in each sabad.

What your purpose is only you know?

Sat Sri Akal.

I would certainly respect how you view the things in your own ways.
I never think of any purose in your views as you view mine.This is your own state of mind.If you are comfrotable I should be rather happy.
Views do change with maturity in facing the different levels of understanding.Our thinking may be wavering But NAAMu is STATIC since
inception of the Universe.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I agree, it has no place in Sikhism but it is NOT a bad thing. There are a lot of stuff not in Sikhism which I observe in this thread, like: Ignorance, and some of the 5 evils. I think it may be a "optional" choice on your free time, like a hobby.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM