• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gatra Strap

Kellysingh

SPNer
Sep 28, 2011
waheguru ji ka khalsa,
waheguru ji ki fateh
hello all, i was wondering if anyone knew how to measure yourself to determine what size/length of the gatra strap you need?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
waheguru ji ka khalsa,
waheguru ji ki fateh
hello all, i was wondering if anyone knew how to measure yourself to determine what size/length of the gatra strap you need?
Kellysingh ji I am no expert on this. A suggestion to get ballpark perhaps like this.

Tie a string loop to just below the handle on a steak knife. Now put that loop around your neck resting on the shoulder between your neck and the exterior of the shoulder. Adjust the loop so that the knife blade is say 2/3rds below the location where you will tie a belt. I think that should give you pretty good approximation.

Perhaps also ask if the place you are buying it from gives you other ideas. Best of course is a shop to try one own for best fit.

Hope it is of help

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is very hard to find a commercial site to buy a gatra and strap. Therefore, most people make their own. However, if you search for Kirpan there are some sites that do carry these items as accessory to the kirpan.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM