Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

Sikh News Friendly Sikhs. Slash Each Other !

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Gyani Jarnail Singh, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. Gyani Jarnail Singh

    Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Thinker

    Jul 4, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Khalsa Ji,

    This is a news report about a Friendly Hockey match between two SIKH GURDWARA TEAMS...that turned UGLY !! Talk about the UGLY SIKH..here he is..and he is MALAYSIAN !! This match is one of the many held to celebrate Holla mahhalla..!!! WOW

    A friendly football match between two Sikh teams turned ****** after
    a player allegedly slashed the referee across the face.

    Bhupinder Singh, 26, was slashed after the game was called off
    prematurely following a series of rough tackles and fouls committed
    by both sides. He has been warded at Tawakal Hospital and is in
    stable condition.

    Bhupinder is also the manager of the Sentul district Sikh community
    football team.

    Ironically, the mid-morning match between teams from the Kampung
    Pandan and Sentul districts, at the Kampung Pandan Sports Complex,
    was in preparation for a Sikh games festival scheduled for next
    month. It was supposed to have fostered unity in the Sikh community.

    Eyewitnesses said it turned out to be an ill-tempered match.

    "The match turned ugly almost immediately. The referee issued several
    warnings to players from both teams for offensive play. There were
    heated arguments between the players and it almost boiled over into a
    free-for-all," said a spectator who declined to be identified.

    Fearing worse was to come, the two coaches conferred with referee
    Bhupinder and the three agreed to end the match early.

    "After it was over, the Kampung Pandan players left the pitch. Some
    of the Sentul players decided to resume training while the others
    opted to rest at the bleachers," said the spectator.

    About 15 minutes later, one of the Kampung Pandan players returned
    with two other youths. They were armed with a machete and an iron rod.

    "They were looking for a particular Sentul player whom they accused
    of making some rough challenges against their teammates," said the spectator.

    That player was resting at the bleachers.

    Some other Sentul players noticed the three armed men moving in and
    tried to stop them from getting to the player. A fight broke out.

    Bhupinder, on seeing this, rushed in to stop the brawl.

    "While he was trying to bring the situation under control, the
    Kampung Pandan player slashed him across the face. Everyone was
    stunned when they saw Bhupinder writhing in pain with blood
    everywhere. The suspects immediately took off."

    Bhupinder had cuts to his left hand and left eye. He was rushed to
    Tawakal Hospital in Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur, where he was operated
    on immediately.

    Cheras district police chief ACP Ahmad Amir Mohd Hashim confirmed the
    victim's family had lodged a report at the Sentul police station. The
    case is being investigated by Cheras police.

    Police have already identified the suspects and expect to make arrests soon.

    "The suspects will be investigated under Section 324 for voluntarily
    causing hurt using a dangerous weapon," he said.

    It is believed the fight was triggered when one of the Sentul players
    allegedly slapped a Kampung Pandan player. Police, however, refused to comment.

    Bhupinder's family declined to be interviewed and blocked all
    attempts by Malay Mail to talk to him.

    "We've already told the police everything. Go check with them," said
    a relative.

    The Sentul players were warned by the coaching staff not to talk to reporters.

    The case is similar to the "footbrawl" between two amateur football
    clubs in Kuala Lumpur.

    On Dec 20 last year, Air Panas manager Ishak Kunju and some of his
    players were having a drink at a mamak stall in Air Panas, Setapak,
    when they were allegedly attacked by two Hot Spurs players wielding
    hockey sticks.

    The attackers also allegedly smashed up the stall which belonged to
    two brothers who played for Air Panas.

    Matches between these two teams in the Kuala Lumpur League had always
    been hotly contested. Two earlier matches had turned into a
    free-for-all, forcing KLFA to replay the match a third time on Dec
    19. After the match ended, one Hot Spurs player was allegedly
    assaulted by several Air Panas players at the stadium lobby,
    prompting a retaliatory strike the day after.

    By AIZAT SHARIF, REENA RAJ and TEOH EL SEN February 09, 2009
    Sikh versus Sikh
  2. Loading...

  3. pk70

    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

    Feb 25, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Respected Gyani jio, it is sad to hear that:eek:; however, nothing surprises me any more. Prayers to the injured one!!!!!.
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...     Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     

Share This Page