• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Food For Thought: "Pray & Meditation" !

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Pray and Meditation

[SIZE=-1]We have to be quiet in order to listen. We always talk and God has no chance to tell us. So the prayer is the talking, the demand; and meditation is the listening. Most people just keep praying all the time or always make noise or always talk, and God has no chance to tell them what to do. No wonder their prayers are unanswered. God has no opportunity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]So the meditation is a must from a logical standpoint.Whether you are Buddhist, Christian, Muslim or whatever, I don't care. If you cannot make time to listen to God, then God can never be communicated with. Even if you talk to a friend - you telephone, you talk and then you must listen. Even if you ask me, you must first ask, and then now you must be quiet so I have a chance to tell you. How can we treat God even worse than a friend. We keep talking all the time, and give Hirm no chance. Meditation is the time of quiet listening. That's all there is, and God will come.[/SIZE]

~The Supreme Master Ching Hai~
http://www.godsdirectcontact.com/relatedtopics/prayandmeditation.html

imksabharwal

SPNer
Aug 30, 2005
Dear Soul Jyot,

>>We always talk and God has no chance to tell us.<

u have hit the target with a bang truly.

yes, if we want to have communion with God we must be silent our soul must be silent, and there sould be a deafening silence in all our senses,in our thoughts, in our mind and heart.
Then only we can hear the soft whispers of Almighty which speaks to us when our soul is receptive and accepts these whispers as a prasad of Guruji.

>Meditation is the time of quiet listening. That's all there is, and God will come.<

Truly,Daily experiencing the joys of meditation is the only source of meeting our beloved in silent and melting moments.These moments become very very precious when we share our joys and sorrows with our beloved lover the satguru..and leave all else to HIM to lookafter and let the yearning soul merge in HIS sacred Name.

thanks for this wonderful posting.

warm regards
imksabharwal

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
I agree. We often pray alot and follow the book alot, but sometimes there is no need for the philosophy. It depends, the holy scriptures are used for people with different abilities and those who have heart for the scriptures, whereas people who are not religious, just need to meditate, quietly, or even, just stop for a minuite, and hear what the heart tells them to do, in this way god always comes to you no matter what. Inner self in the most important part of everything. People have different ways of reaching to god...no matter what way it is you keep in touch with god, its all good, and no way is wrong... for example, my way is that i sometimes just sit quietly, if i think im lost, and then i get the answer, sometimes i just carry on what i am doing, it depends on the type of person you are, and all the ways you communicate with god are right, no one is wrong! Its according to the persons ability...

And i really like this one, that soul jyot has described about the inner self. Inner self is where everythin comes from, and come to think about it, everything we do in orayer is to open up our inner self...thnks again solu jyot

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: